White Sox Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BoLTz21, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BoLTz21

BoLTz21 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

What do you guys think about MLB telling Houston they can't close their dome tonight for Game 3?How is it any of their business and what is the reasoning behind it is my question, sounds fishy to me. Chicago getting all the bad calls to go their way, now MLB wants to take away homefield advantage from them.It's a Fucking Conspiracy!

2. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I don't give a damn whether the roof is open or closed

3. European-Star

European-Star NFLC nflcentral.net Member

conspiracy? lol i wouldnt stretch it that far, but Astros should be close their dome if they want, i really havent heard about this, but i'm sure theres a good reason for it.

4. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

Referees are DEFINATELY making all the calls to the White Sox benefit, that is UNDENIABLE. There have been a lot of plays in these playoffs that are EASILY seen the opposite way than called on the replay. I agree ITS A CONSPIRACY. SOMEONES FLIPPING THE BILLS TO GET THE SOX SOME WORLD SERIES W's

5. BoLTz21

Why do you think they aren't called the Black Sox anymore?Fact is: The White Sox complained about the closing of the dome, they know Houston is like 18-4 at home when the dome is closed so they bitched and now Bud Seilig has listened.Since when did the MLB show favoritism in the World Series?

6. BoLTz21

Baseball needs Instant Replay.That's the last thing I'll say on this topic.

7. JHair

You can help it, actually. If you have a problem with what we are saying about the White Sox in this thread, you don't have to participate in our coversation, because you obviously cannot argue your opinion without targeting members of the board personally. Stick to the subject and not members, pal.

8. BoLTz21

9. Rex Grossman 8

Rex Grossman 8 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockANDallstar @ Oct 25 2005, 04:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>You can help it, actually. If you have a problem with what we are saying about the White Sox in this thread, you don't have to participate in our coversation, because you obviously cannot argue your opinion without targeting members of the board personally. Stick to the subject and not members, pal.</div> Alright fine, if it has anything to do with the White Sox, then yack away by yourselves

10. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DaBears88 @ Oct 25 2005, 05:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockANDallstar @ Oct 25 2005, 04:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> You can help it, actually. If you have a problem with what we are saying about the White Sox in this thread, you don't have to participate in our coversation, because you obviously cannot argue your opinion without targeting members of the board personally. Stick to the subject and not members, pal.</div>Alright fine, if it has anything to do with the White Sox, then yack away by yourselves </div> GOOD.So, back to the real conversation, instant replays should be inforced, what do you guys think?

11. JHair

yup. I think you should be able to challenge calls made by the umps just like in football, especially in a series that decides the champion for the year.

12. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockANDallstar @ Oct 25 2005, 06:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>yup. I think you should be able to challenge calls made by the umps just like in football, especially in a series that decides the champion for the year.</div> Definetely, atleast for the WS make challenges, but that wouldn't be fair for other games that could decide leading to the WS. Challenges all year long is what I say. 2 per team.

13. JHair

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ortiz34 @ Oct 25 2005, 07:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rockANDallstar @ Oct 25 2005, 06:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> yup. I think you should be able to challenge calls made by the umps just like in football, especially in a series that decides the champion for the year.</div>Definetely, atleast for the WS make challenges, but that wouldn't be fair for other games that could decide leading to the WS. Challenges all year long is what I say. 2 per team. </div> no, aren't baseball games long enough? there are enough baseball games played that ump calls shouldnt be able to effect a team that bad during the season. Its important to have it in the post season cuz this is what its ALL ABOUT.

14. BoLTz21

Regular Season = No ReplaysPostseason = Replays (a minimum amount)What's wrong with getting the call RIGHT? Honestly. I'd rather sit through a longer game knowing the right team won than knowing a team got screwed out of an opportunity to go to the World Series. Think about what you people are saying when you argue time over correct calls. Do you honestly watch the ENTIRE GAME? No, half the time I fall asleep or end up doing something else entirely and just watch sportscenter for the recap/replay. Is that what baseball has come down to? Money over the Game?

15. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sUpEr21cHaRgEd @ Oct 25 2005, 06:19 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Regular Season = No ReplaysPostseason = Replays (a minimum amount)What's wrong with getting the call RIGHT? Honestly. I'd rather sit through a longer game knowing the right team won than knowing a team got screwed out of an opportunity to go to the World Series. Think about what you people are saying when you argue time over correct calls. Do you honestly watch the ENTIRE GAME? No, half the time I fall asleep or end up doing something else entirely and jsut watch sportscenter for the recap/replay. Is that what baseball has come down to? Money over the Game?</div> Money over the game, sounds pretty much the theme of sports.

16. The Marine

The Marine BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>ou guys are just pissed off because your sorry ass teams aren't in the World Series</div>Did I ever say my team is White Sox? No.. Fact is, I lost interests to baseball about what the umps been doing ot the White Sox. So you dont gotta be an ass and get so mad about it. And how could we be pissed off about the White Sox? We aren't, we are just sick and tired of the umps helping them win. Don't say it isn't their fault because you just don't wanna admit it. From what I heard on the radio, they are definately considering instant replays next year which will be GOOD.

17. ortiz34

ortiz34 BBW Member

Next year is too late for the Astros. [​IMG]

18. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

First of all, to say there is a conspiracy about the White Sox is rediculous. The White Sox have had a few calls go in their favor, but to say that those calls are why they are in the World Series is just stupidity. The White Sox had one bad call in the Angels series in 5 Games. That one bad call was kind of irrelevant anyways due to if it went the other way, it would have gone to extra innings and the White Sox probably would have won anyway. Then the Angels blew the next 3 games away by playing like crap. The Angels did nothing all series to prove they were a better team and deserved to go home. The White Sox played like a Champion and put the Angels away instead of giving them the Chance to come back. Now the White Sox are in the World Series and you people are sitting here argueing on if a Dome should be open or closed. Personally, I agree that the Dome is part of the Astros Home Field Advantage and all and it should have been their choice if it was open or not, but at the same time there was no reason for the Dome to be closed when there was ideal conditions to play baseball outside. Do I think MLB should have stepped in about the dome? No. Do I think the Dome being opened gave the White Sox any bit of an advantage? Of Course Not. It is absolutely rediculous to think that a Dome being closed would help the White Sox. This decision was because there was Ideal conditions to play baseball outside and therefore there was no reason to close the Dome.2nd of all, I do agree that replays should be in baseball. Its about accuracy, and I think the fans would rather spend a minute making sure the call is right then have another controversy like the one in the ALCS.3rd of all, This argueing is stupid, pointless, and makes the site look bad. It takes 2 to fight and im dissapointed in most of the people in this thread. Grow up and discuss things like adults please?.

19. BoLTz21

Okay I can't quote every incorrect thing you said there but I'll try.- There was more than ONE bad call in the series versus. the Angels. Not that it should take more than one to cause an uproar. That One bad call that you and everyone else saw but nobody bothered to fix cost the Angels game 2 and quite possibly cost them the series as far as momentum goes. So I wouldn't just say it was "Just one bad call" as if it's something to shrug off. There was Finleys bat hitting A.J.'s glove and it not being called, thus him being doubled up and the inning over, stealing the angels chance of a 1 out, bases loaded situation. Or maybe the time that Scott Podsednik got caught stealing and it was clear to the naked eye he was caught, but still NO CALL. Eventually he ended up scoring a run.- The Astros have a PROVEN better home record with the dome closed. They are 40-8 when it's closed and something like 20-14 when it isn't, the sound in their is deafeaning when the roof is closed and by numbers alone I think you can tell it does have some effect.I think that's it, glad you decided to chime in on the discussion but maybe if you watched the entire series beetween the Angels and WhiteSox than you would know just how many bad calls their were.

20. WesTheBest217

WesTheBest217 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

I agree with supercharged 100%and as far as replays go, i support them too.. heres the thing guys.. if they put in challenges and replays, they can just throw the challenge flag or w/e it will/would be immediately, INSTEAD of wasting that time from the skipper coming out and argueing with the ump, getting kicked out, and wasting more time than it would from an instant replay... SO NO BASEBALL GAMES WOULDNT BE LONGER WITH INSTANT REPLAYS ADDED...