White Sox Conspiracy

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by BoLTz21, Oct 25, 2005.

1. BoLTz21

BoLTz21 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WesTheBest217 @ Oct 26 2005, 04:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>and as far as replays go, i support them too.. heres the thing guys.. if they put in challenges and replays, they can just throw the challenge flag or w/e it will/would be immediately.</div>lol, I can't see someone like Joe Torre throwing a little red flag out in the field of play. I'm sure it would just be some kind of sign to the umpire from the head coach.But yeah, instant replay in the postseason is a must.I don't mean to offend anyone, esp. WhiteSox fans but as an Angel fan you have to understand where I'm coming from. I feel a HUGE injustice was/has been done to my hometown team and that everyone is just sitting back.. watching it over and over on instant replay, saying the call was wrong but still nothing has really been done or said about it. I'm not saying go back and replay Game 2 or reward the Angels the Series by any means, but after that "one bad call" the things just kept snowballing and if anyone of you here has played baseball or just a team sport in general than you would know how demoralizing something like that can be when you feel even the Umps are against you. All I want is MLB to inforce a rule so that this will never happen again to any team, because if you felt like I did the night of Game 2 of the ALCS than you too would be frustrated and be all for Instant Replay, without a doubt in my mind.

2. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sUpEr21cHaRgEd @ Oct 26 2005, 04:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Okay I can't quote every incorrect thing you said there but I'll try.- There was more than ONE bad call in the series versus. the Angels. Not that it should take more than one to cause an uproar. That One bad call that you and everyone else saw but nobody bothered to fix cost the Angels game 2 and quite possibly cost them the series as far as momentum goes. So I wouldn't just say it was "Just one bad call" as if it's something to shrug off. There was Finleys bat hitting A.J.'s glove and it not being called, thus him being doubled up and the inning over, stealing the angels chance of a 1 out, bases loaded situation. Or maybe the time that Scott Podsednik got caught stealing and it was clear to the naked eye he was caught, but still NO CALL. Eventually he ended up scoring a run.- The Astros have a PROVEN better home record with the dome closed. They are 40-8 when it's closed and something like 20-14 when it isn't, the sound in their is deafeaning when the roof is closed and by numbers alone I think you can tell it does have some effect.I think that's it, glad you decided to chime in on the discussion but maybe if you watched the entire series beetween the Angels and WhiteSox than you would know just how many bad calls their were.</div>-The play did not cost the Angels Game 2. It put a runner on first in a 2 out situation in a tied game. Any skilled team would have gotten the next out and gone over to extra innings anyway. If you can not get 1 out in that situation it is kinda pathetic. A true Champion overcomes the odds to win, even after a bad play.Did it change the fact that Vladimir Guerrero hit 1 for 20 in the NLCS? No.Did it change the fact Garret Anderson hit 3 for 17 in the NLCS? No. When your teams 2 best hitters had a combined 4 hits in 5 games, you are NOT going to win. The White Sox were the better team that playoff series and they do deserve to be in the World Series.The other 2 plays were close plays, but you are severly exaggerating how "bad" of calls these were. If anything, the Podsednic steal was a tie and in the case of a tie the runner gets the call and im still not convinced about a bat hitting the glove. I did watch the series, so dont go running your ignorant mouth on something you dont know anything about.-Houston is 53-28 at home. 36-17(.679) with it closed and 15-11(.576) with it open."We've studied weather, winds, we've studied humidity. There isn't a cloud within 800 miles of here," Commisioner Bud Selig Said. The gametime temperature was 61 degrees, and Selig said it would not get too cold for fans later in the evening. He cited baseball's decision to order the roof be opened during the 2001 World Series at Bank One Ballpark in Phoenix."Selig and Solomon said the commissioner's office followed the Astros' regular-season guidelines, which they said call for the roof to be open when the temperature is under 80 degrees and there is no rain."If the Astros own stadium regular season guidelines state that the roof is to be open, Where is it in their place to complain about it?

3. BoLTz21

Read above ass^^ [​IMG]

4. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

Even if it was a demoralizing blow, your talking about Professional athletes in the NLCS. A great team like them should be able to put it behind them and move on. Take Brad Lidge for example. He gives up a Home Run to Pujols and then to Podsednic, both of which were demoralizing blows and then he goes out there last night and is completly Lights Out. Thats the heart of a champion. Thats what Champions are made of.I understand your an Angels fan and all, but they werent the better team that series. The White Sox were. Sorry Man.I do agree there should be instant replay. Not just in the playoffs though but full time. It Is about accuracy and they should always get the call right.

5. BoLTz21

Well they won so I guess I can have some satisfaction knowing the Angels got beat by the eventual Champions and were the only team to actually win a game against them bad calls and all. [​IMG] Congrats Chicago, you have a World Champion Baseball Team.Gotta suck to be a Cubs fan more than ever now though.

6. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

It will only suck until the Cubs do win a world series. [​IMG]

7. WesTheBest217

WesTheBest217 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

yeah cubs'll win a world series when pigs fly out of my ass [​IMG] but supercharged i play baseball in a league so i know what your talkin about with that. we got crushed out openning day game and couldnt win a game the rest of the season (once we did tho) that loss crushed us so hard we couldnt get anything going the entire season practically. Its crushing to have something like a huge loss.. or a completely shafting call. oh and by the way venom, it doesnt matter how many outs there are in an inning and whos on base. ITS STILL HARD TO GET OUTS. "oh they're a pro team they should be able to do this" well guess what... theres ANOTHER pro team right across from them trying to do the same exact thing that they are. its not freakin easy all the time like you would want to think so.Instant Replays though... = Needed <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>A.S.A.P.</span>

8. JHair

JHair NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WesTheBest217 @ Oct 27 2005, 09:14 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Instant Replays though... = Needed <span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>A.S.A.P.</span></div> ASAP? season is over man [​IMG] Spring Training aint for a while

9. WesTheBest217

WesTheBest217 NFLC nflcentral.net Member

by asap i mean by next season ..... [​IMG]

10. AdropOFvenom

AdropOFvenom BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>but supercharged i play baseball in a league so i know what your talkin about with that. we got crushed out openning day game and couldnt win a game the rest of the season (once we did tho) that loss crushed us so hard we couldnt get anything going the entire season practically. Its crushing to have something like a huge loss.. or a completely shafting call. oh and by the way venom, it doesnt matter how many outs there are in an inning and whos on base. ITS STILL HARD TO GET OUTS. "oh they're a pro team they should be able to do this" well guess what... theres ANOTHER pro team right across from them trying to do the same exact thing that they are. its not freakin easy all the time like you would want to think so.</div>I used to play little league too, and when we played we lost the second game of the season by a Walkoff home run that never should have happened by an error. When the game was over we all went into the dugout and told ourselves it wasnt going to happen again and we didnt lose another game in the regular season. A loss is only crushing if you let it be crushing. However at the same time it can be a motavating factor to not let it happen again. PS: I personally led the entire league in Walks and Stolen Bases that year averaging almost 2 walks a game(I tend to foul off alot of pitches) and most of the time I stole second(and sometimes third, depending on if it was a close call at second or not). [​IMG]