Who Are Your Draft Winners and Losers?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Lost One, Apr 26, 2009.

1. Lost One

Lost One ...

Well they'll be a ton of articles coming out soon about this topic, but what are your guy's opinions?

Winners

Patriots - I don't know how they did it, but it seemed like they stock piled 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounders throughout the draft, and were able to increase the depth of their roster with some good, young talent. A lot of rookies to work with, I'm sure under Bill, this draft will land them a couple of key contributors in the future.

Giants - They landed a solid WR in the 1st round, Hakeem Nicks, who sort of reminds me of Plax in a way (height), got some good value in the 2nd round and throughout the rest of the draft. They still don't really have anybody to replace Plaxico, or at least not IMO, but they had a very solid draft this year, and Nicks could be a stud in the future.

Eagles - I loved how the Eagles drafted this year. Luckily enough, Jeremy Maclin, a projected top 10 pick fell all the way down to 19. Eagles maneuvered terrifically and gave up only a 6th round pick to move up and snatch him. Later in the second round, Lesean McCoy was selected, and he along with Westbrook will give us a great 1-2 punch at running back. Cornelius Ingram was selected in the 5th round, and I have a feeling he will be a steal. A great, tall TE, he could become a redzone threat for us in the future.

49ers - I think they can thank Al Davis and the Raiders for this one. Didn't keep up with their entire draft, but Crabtree falling to 10 is a definite win.

Losers

Raiders - I don't know what the hell happened. Like I said before, Al Davis either outsmarted everyone, or he has just made himself look like a complete moron. Looking at his track record lately, I'll stick with the latter. At the very least he could've at least traded down for more picks and still be able to snatch up Hayward Bay. Taking him #7, in front of Crabtree and Maclin doesn't make sense, especially with a team as horrible as they were last year, they could've gone in a different direction and improved elsewhere. Their 2nd round pick was a complete shocker, ESPN didn't even have highlights for the pick, and most projected him as either a 7th rounder or undrafted. I have heard their 3rd round pick was a reach as well.

Broncos - They signed a shit load of running backs in the offseason. Came into the draft and drafted more running backs. They signed a bunch of safeties in the offseason, came into the draft and drafted a bunch of safeties. How are they all going to fit on the roster? Doesn't make sense, they have a ton of weaknesses and should've focused elsewhere. Also didn't help that they traded away a future 1st next year for a 2nd rounder this year, when they will most likely land a top 10 pick next season.

Cowboys - They basically traded away all their first day picks for a run at a Superbowl last year, which failed miserably. Roy Williams didn't do anything last season. They had one first day pick, and traded out. Drafted a bunch of "depth" in the second day, with zero picks in the first two rounds. I guess that's good and all, if you're a good team. Cowboys didn't even make the playoffs last year, and TO is gone. The draft could've filled a lot of needs but they did nothing. I don't see them being better than the Eagles or the Giants this year, both who finished ahead of the Cowboys last year, and improved a lot from the draft. Take some notes from the Patriots on how to improve your team.

2. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Winners - Rams, Packers, Eagles, Patriots

Losers - Bucs, Raiders