Who do you guys think the Hawks will draft in first round?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by MLibid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I'm not sure who the prospects are. I don't watch much College Basketball unless it's March Madness... The only people that I was hoping the Hawks to draft was Greg Oden or Durant, but I know that there's no chance of that happening...Anyone know who the Hawks might draft this year?Thanks.

2. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

they dont even have a pick brothey traded it to Phoenix for Joe Johnsonit's top-3 protected so they would have to get the #1-3 pick to get it back from Phoenix..so I imagine they'de get Oden, Durant, Wright or Horford..

3. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ Apr 9 2007, 07:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>they dont even have a pick bro

they traded it to Phoenix for Joe Johnson

it's top-3 protected so they would have to get the #1-3 pick to get it back from Phoenix..so I imagine they'de get Oden, Durant, Wright or Horford..</div>
    The Hawks still have a Pacers pick which looks like it will be lottery this year.

Hawks should do everything they can to get Mike Conley JR on their squad. He is a very talented PG with great courtivision and can take over a game with scoring. Should be a great fit for Atlanta especially with their lack of effeciency at the PG spot.

4. WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE

WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE BBW Elite Member

Has Conley declared for the draft?

5. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WELCOMEtotheJUNGLE @ Apr 9 2007, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Has Conley declared for the draft?</div>
    There was a report a couple weeks ago that said a league source close to Conley Sr. is 99% sure both Oden/Conley are declaring, but in every single interview, Conley has said he's staying (as expected, like every underclassmen should do). We'll see.

EDIT: As for all these threads saying "who will we draft," we have to wait for the lottery to take place so we know the order. But at 11-13, where the Pacers pick will end up, I think Acie Law would be perfect. Atlanta needs a point guard badly, Law can run an offense and he can also take over in the clutch.

6. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Acie Law or Conley...defiently a PG...maybe a center...but I think they like Sheldon for that position despite size.

7. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

Well, since they dont have a pick, they arent going to be getting anybody, but if they did....I think that they would go for Acie Law. He is the best PG in the draft, and he is capable of going that high in the draft IMO.

8. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

They have the Indiana Pacers 1st rnd pick......

9. ballerman2112

well, then their pick would be in the low teens or something like that then....Ummm....Acie wont drop that low IMO, so I think that they will go with the 2nd best PG in the draft. They have a good SF, a good PF, a couple young guys to play the center, a good SG, and they only position they are really missing is the PG positon.

10. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ Apr 9 2007, 11:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Acie Law or Conley...defiently a PG...maybe a center...but I think they like Sheldon for that position despite size.</div>If any one on our roster right now would play center in the future, I don't think it would be Shelden Williams. I have a good feeling that Solomon Jones would be the center in the future if we didn't draft one in the future draft.

11. AiRuPtHeRe

AiRuPtHeRe BBW Elite Member

Acie Law will drop to whatever pick the Hawks get. A lot of bigmen will probably go earlier. Unless they want and try to go for Torian Green in the later round.

12. CelticBalla32

Atlanta needs a real big man and they need a real point guard. Tyronn Lue is a solid player, but he's a backup. Speedy Claxton is always hurt. Joe Johnson shouldn't have to be forced into playing some point guard. The ideal situation for Atlanta would be to get lucky in the lottery and get a top 3 pick, then try and snag Conley (or Law) with Indiana's pick.

13. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

<span style="font-family:Arial">Considering they have Indiana's pick, it should be around the 11-14 range. I'm thinking they should go after Mike Conley or Acie Law to fill their point guard needs. If they're looking to go big then Spencer Hawes or Hasheem Thabeet might be the better choice. They need to get this draft right, they haven't had much draft success recently.</span>

14. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 9 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>There was a report a couple weeks ago that said a league source close to Conley Sr. is 99% sure both Oden/Conley are declaring, but in every single interview, Conley has said he's staying (as expected, like every underclassmen should do). We'll see.EDIT: As for all these threads saying "who will we draft," we have to wait for the lottery to take place so we know the order. But at 11-13, where the Pacers pick will end up, I think Acie Law would be perfect. Atlanta needs a point guard badly, Law can run an offense and he can also take over in the clutch.</div> I was just about to say that, he could really compliment Joe johnson's game.

15. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Apr 16 2007, 03:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><span style="font-family:Arial">Considering they have Indiana's pick, it should be around the 11-14 range. I'm thinking they should go after Mike Conley or Acie Law to fill their point guard needs. If they're looking to go big then Spencer Hawes or Hasheem Thabeet might be the better choice. They need to get this draft right, they haven't had much draft success recently.</span></div>
    I'll gonna throw out a big "hell no" on Thabeet. No way should he be picked in the lottery, and if Atlanta takes him with Indiana's pick I will laugh at their history of ridiculous draft picks. Also, I think Spencer Hawes should go higher than this pick. He could fall there because he's not going to make a giant impact right away (yet solid), but I think Minnesota would be wise to take him with their 8th-9th pick.

16. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

Depends what pick we receive, If we get 1 - I want Oden, if we get 2 or 3 - I want Horford or Wright. Horford will contribute right away, and he'll give us good defense, and more scoring than Shelden Williams gave us this year.. Wright has tons of potential to be a great offensive and defensive player, but I think I'll go with Horford. In the 10-14 range, I like Conley alot but if he's not there we should take Law. This is our year to grab a big man. If we miss out on the top 3 pick, I like Hibbert and Hawes. Then we should trade Zaza Pachulia and Anthony Johnson for another backup PG. I'd like us to get a backup guard that brings alot of energy and defense. Lorenzon Wright is a guy I want to keep, he's a good vet to have around. Next year, we can look forward to Rose, Mayo, Bayless, Gordon, Collison, Crittenton, and Lawson.Tony, Thabeet would be an awful pick, Woodson isn't very good with rookies and consistant playing time - so I dont think he'd pan out very well here..

17. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Apr 16 2007, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>if we get 2 or 3 - I want Horford or Wright. Horford will contribute right away, and he'll give us good defense, and more scoring than Shelden Williams gave us this year.. Wright has tons of potential to be a great offensive and defensive player, but I think I'll go with Horford.</div>
    You would honestly pass up on Kevin Durant with the #2 pick? I think that's absolutely ludicrous. If you have a chance to get a serious franchise player, you take him regardless of what position he plays and what you have now. If you would pass up on Durant because you have Smith and Marvin, that would be a huge mistake. It becomes Marvin's problem.

18. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Apr 16 2007, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>You would honestly pass up on Kevin Durant with the #2 pick? I think that's absolutely ludicrous. If you have a chance to get a serious franchise player, you take him regardless of what position he plays and what you have now. If you would pass up on Durant because you have Smith and Marvin, that would be a huge mistake. It becomes Marvin's problem.</div>Of course I'd love to have Durant.. But our management would have NO IDEA what to do with him.. I couldnt see Billy Knight trading Marvin, or Josh.. And, the media has made such a big deal about them drafting F's every year, I dont think they would draft Durant even if he is Kevin Durant. Realistically, I don't think they would draft Durant UNLESS Marvin is traded.. Yes, Billy Knight is THAT bad of a GM.

19. ballerman2112

I still think that going with a PG is the only thing for them to do. They have 2 capable young players to play the center, 2 young players that can play the PF, tons of young SF's, a star SG in Joe Johnson, and not a good PG....They have Claxton and Lue, but they arent the future PG's of this team. I think they need a guy who can step in and be a leader, and I love Acie Law. If he falls that low, and the Hawks dont draft him, they are crazy.

20. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

I wouldn't mind drafting Acie Law or Conley. I think we have Pacers draft pick right? I don't think Conley Jr. will be there when we draft. Acie Law might, and Hibbert might. I don't mind getting those two.