Who do you guys think the Hawks will draft in first round?

Discussion in 'Atlanta Hawks' started by MLibid, Apr 9, 2007.

1. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

The Hawks need either a big man or PG so obviously they are going to take Corey Brewer lol.But seriously, the lottery was great for the Hawks. Now I think they will take Brandan Wright at 3 and hope Conley falls to 11 or wherever they pick next. If Conley doesn't fall to them there, they can go with Law at that spot. That is a pretty good team.PG. Conley/ ClaxtonSG. Johnson/ ChildressSF. Smith/ M.WilliamsPF. Wright/ M.WilliamsC. S.Williams/ PachuliaThe Hawks got lucky, hopefully they can take advantage of their situation and turn this franchise into a winner.

2. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I think they have to take Conley at the 3 spot, and look for a center(Maybe Hibbert or Hawes if they are available) with their 11th pick. If they wait, Milwaukee, or someone would scoop up Conley with no problem I think.

3. wade2shaq93

wade2shaq93 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ May 22 2007, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think they have to take Conley at the 3 spot, and look for a center(Maybe Hibbert or Hawes if they are available) with their 11th pick. If they wait, Milwaukee, or someone would scoop up Conley with no problem I think.</div>Yeah, I was gonna post that as another possibility but I wanted to get back to reading angry posts by Celtics fans lol. I think that would actually be better after thinking about it. That way they could start Marv and get someone like Hawes at 11 (I think Hibbert will be gone by then)

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

I think Hawks trade down and take Conley Jr. Taking him at 3 is reaching imo.

5. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

I think they might have to reach to grab Conley. The Bucks could use a true point guard, and could very well pick Conley with the 6th pick. If it's a peace that could cement your team, and put the into possible playoff contention like Conley, I really don't think it would be reaching anyways.

6. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

Atlanta could go a couple different ways:

1. They take Conley at 3, get a good point guard to build with, and hope a decent big man falls to 11.

2. They take Brandan Wright at 3 and get Acie Law down at 11. They get themselves a potential All-Star big man while getting themselves a nice young point guard at 11.

Memphis could very well take Conley at 4, and I don't see how he'd slip past Milwaukee at 6.

7. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I definitely think Conley Jr. will go to Atlanta, and they will settle with Roy Hibbert or someone along those lines at pick 11. They need to fill the two big holes, and what better way than drafting the best point guard in the draft and a 7'3 beast from Georgetown, home of the All-Star Center.

8. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

They have a bunch of multi-dimentional forwards and they have to go for the best value with the third pick. It's pretty clear that a PG will be there at the 11th pick for them.PG - Acie LawSG - Joe JohnsonSF - Josh SmithPF - Brandan WrightC - Shelden WilliamsBenchSG/SF/PF - Marvin WilliamsSG/SF - Josh ChildressPF/C - Zaur PachuliaIt's clear that the Hawks won't be able to start everyone, or keep all these players on the team, because they don't fit and these guys when their contracts are up and going to want to leave if they don't start. Brandan Wright's much better potential wise than Marvin Williams or Josh Childress, and Marvin Williams is not a real PF, so I think the Hawks just grab the best player on the board.

9. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ May 23 2007, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Atlanta could go a couple different ways:1. They take Conley at 3, get a good point guard to build with, and hope a decent big man falls to 11.2. They take Brandan Wright at 3 and get Acie Law down at 11. They get themselves a potential All-Star big man while getting themselves a nice young point guard at 11.Memphis could very well take Conley at 4, and I don't see how he'd slip past Milwaukee at 6.</div>Both of the scenarios you just listed would have me extremely satisfied. I would rather have Brandan Wright and Acie Law instead of Conley Jr. in fact. But the fact that we don't know who that available big man will be at the 11th spot makes me wonder...

10. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 23 2007, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They have a bunch of multi-dimentional forwards and they have to go for the best value with the third pick. It's pretty clear that a PG will be there at the 11th pick for them.PG - Acie LawSG - Joe JohnsonSF - Josh SmithPF - Brandan WrightC - Shelden WilliamsBenchSG/SF/PF - Marvin WilliamsSG/SF - Josh ChildressPF/C - Zaur PachuliaIt's clear that the Hawks won't be able to start everyone, or keep all these players on the team, because they don't fit and these guys when their contracts are up and going to want to leave if they don't start. Brandan Wright's much better potential wise than Marvin Williams or Josh Childress, and Marvin Williams is not a real PF, so I think the Hawks just grab the best player on the board.</div>Ain't no way Shelden Williams starts Center. He hasn't developed as much as many of us have expected him to, and I don't think he's anywhere near ready to start for us. I'd see us starting Pachulia in that situation.

11. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MLibid @ May 23 2007, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Both of the scenarios you just listed would have me extremely satisfied. I would rather have Brandan Wright and Acie Law instead of Conley Jr. in fact. But the fact that we don't know who that available big man will be at the 11th spot makes me wonder...</div>I'm still thinking that Jianlian or Hawes COULD be there at 11.. We could trade Marvin Williams or Josh Childress and the 11th pick for a higher pick plus a good veteran. I would love that, it would help us in so many ways..

12. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ May 23 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>They have a bunch of multi-dimentional forwards and they have to go for the best value with the third pick. It's pretty clear that a PG will be there at the 11th pick for them.PG - Acie LawSG - Joe JohnsonSF - Josh SmithPF - Brandan WrightC - Shelden WilliamsBenchSG/SF/PF - Marvin WilliamsSG/SF - Josh ChildressPF/C - Zaur PachuliaIt's clear that the Hawks won't be able to start everyone, or keep all these players on the team, because they don't fit and these guys when their contracts are up and going to want to leave if they don't start. Brandan Wright's much better potential wise than Marvin Williams or Josh Childress, and Marvin Williams is not a real PF, so I think the Hawks just grab the best player on the board.</div>Like Mlbid said, Shelden Williams is not ready to be a center in the NBA, he is better suited to play the four. Drafting Brandan Wright would just give them another 4, and cause someone to have to play out of place from where they should, or give Zaza Pachulia as the starter which leaves them no better than they was last year there. There is the chance that Hawes could still be around for the 11th pick. With Conley being the best point guard in the draft, a better ball distrubutor, and better at setting up the offense than Law is he would be the best choice. Furthermore, they got burned grabbing the "best player on the board" in the Chris Paul and Deron Williams draft. The draft experts and everyone else said that he was the best prospect, and they took him, and look where they are now. So I think you go for the one that is going to compliment your team the most, and that is Conley.

13. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

chinese guy isnt going to be there at 11 but hawes could be

14. MLibid

MLibid BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ May 23 2007, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm still thinking that Jianlian or Hawes COULD be there at 11.. We could trade Marvin Williams or Josh Childress and the 11th pick for a higher pick plus a good veteran. I would love that, it would help us in so many ways..</div>That's a good idea. Williams or Childress (either one) has enough potential to attract some trade offers. Besides, we'd already have enough forwards. It's the guard and center positions that we really need help at.

15. Garbajosa.n.cheese

Garbajosa.n.cheese BBW Member

Yeah, u guys better not screw up, or Pheonix gets your unprotected pick next year. Best bet is take Connely, and prolly hope for the chinese guy. If the chinaman is taken, you could trade marvin or childress (or both of em together) for a good Pf

16. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

Atlantic grab a big man. Horford or Noah, just don't draft Conley or another sg/sf. They have plenty of point guards on that roster- Claxton, Lue, Stoudamire who can run point so they're set. Grab a big man in the middle and then if they have the Pacers pick or w/e grab Law or Conley if he happens to fall with that pick.

17. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DTP @ May 27 2007, 04:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Atlantic grab a big man. Horford or Noah, just don't draft Conley or another sg/sf. They have plenty of point guards on that roster- Claxton, Lue, Stoudamire who can run point so they're set. Grab a big man in the middle and then if they have the Pacers pick or w/e grab Law or Conley if he happens to fall with that pick.</div>Grabbing Noah with the third pick is completely over reaching with the third pick. If they wanted him, it would be better off to pick Conley with the third pick, and take Noah with the 11th, since Noah has a better chance of being there at the 11th than Conley does. As for drafting Horford, that would just be picking another power forward for a second year in a row. They picked Shelden Williams last year, so that would make him alot less since to pick Horford this year. They have Claxton and Lue who are point guards, but they are not good starting point guards. Tyron Lue does not set up an offense well, is not a great passer, his ball handling is not as fluid as you like from a point guard. Claxton is better off as a point guard coming off the bench, like he was behind Paul, and Parker the past two years. Stoudamire is a shooting guard, and is not set up for playing a point guard either. He is a shooter, and doesn't do much else well. Their biggest need is a point guard that can set up the offense well, makes others better around him, and can get into the paint and kick out to Johnson, Smith, and all of those guys. The best in this draft class at it is Conley, so that is who they should go for. With the 11th pick they can take Noah or Hawes if they are available.

18. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Take Conley at the 3rd pick, and hope to God that Hawes/Jianlin are there at 11.

19. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

If I was the Hawks I would do a trade with Boston 3rd for 5th pick and also get a future 1st round pick

20. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

Boston would be stupid to give up a future first round pick, to just trade up two spots in this draft, considering they are pretty well set at every position and can get the player best suited for them at the 5th spot just as much as they can at the 3rd spot. So I don't see that happening at all.