Who IS Amir Johnson?

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by Stones, Apr 16, 2007.

1. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (L_C @ Apr 19 2007, 05:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm a huge homer as well, but whenever you finish an arguement with "in the D-leagues. That's dominant" you sacrifice your side.</div>When you absolutely dominate it and make them look like babies, and then he comes up and does great in the big leagues, I think I have a point.He should be in his second year in college right now for heaven's sake.

2. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

We're not going on 1 game, please. We have been preaching this kids name all year. His size and his athletic ability puts his potential through the roof. He's done nothing to prove his potential correct when given the chance. He's constantly working and he's eager to learn from what they say. Dumars has his value through the roof. GM's have been offering us first round picks for him..we have said hell no he's untouchable.So Yeah..call me a fool but I'm believing the hype. Kid is gonna be a huge part of the rotation next year if we keep him.

3. Stones

Stones BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Apr 20 2007, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>We're not going on 1 game, please. We have been preaching this kids name all year. His size and his athletic ability puts his potential through the roof. He's done nothing to prove his potential correct when given the chance. He's constantly working and he's eager to learn from what they say. Dumars has his value through the roof. Scouts have been offering us first round picks for him..we have said hell no he's untouchable.So Yeah..call me a fool but I'm believing the hype. Kid is gonna be a huge part of the rotation next year if we keep him.</div>Yeah, it's not like "Wow, some benchwarmer got 20 points, he's a future superstar!!!!!!". Like Combs said, we've known this kid has tons of potential for a while now.

4. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Amir really impressed me in the last couple games this year. He produced better than I thought he would and showed potential to be our replacement at PF when Sheed retires. He has athleticism to dunk and block shots, but can also play the smooth style of play in the post. His future looks bright.

5. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Legacy @ Apr 19 2007, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Jeff Foster would've had 20 rebounds in that timeJosh Powell would've had 10 o rebounds in that timeJames Jones would've had 7 threes in that timeRonny Price would've had 6 steals in that timeTheo Ratliff would've had 9 blocks in that timeI'm not downplaying Amir's stats or anything - but their are a lot of back-ups who could put up big number in that amount of time too</div>Wow. Terrible arguement. I still hate you, Pacerfan.