Who is the face of sports in your city?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The`Dream, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Na def not Granderson yet. I'm gonna agree with the Billups comment.

2. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

I think Granderson will be though, especially since the Tigers were more succesful then the Pistons last year.

3. KCX

KCX BBW VIP

MJ beforenow its like urlacher

4. Suns Fan Guy

Suns Fan Guy BBW Elite Member

Steve Nash right now. It used to be Luis Gonzales.

5. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

CB4 already named Toronto so I'll name Winnipeg.You guys probably never heard of him but he's pretty popular here and in Canada.[​IMG]His name is Milt Stegall. He is a receiver for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers(CFL) and is tied for all time touchdowns scored.

6. the_pestilence

the_pestilence BBW VIP

For the Bay Area I guess it would be Bonds since he draws the most attention and since he's an appropriate face for an awful Bay Sports Scene.

7. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

For san antonio it was, and probably still could be, David Robinson. But now I would have to say Tim Duncan and Tony Parker for obvious reasons.

8. primetime

primetime Get Your Popcorn ready again

The only canadian athlete worth a damn is ricky williams.[​IMG]

9. JRICH23

JRICH23 BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 18 2007, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>The only canadian athlete worth a damn is ricky williams.[​IMG]</div>I dont know. Bryant "Big Country" Reeves was a pretty good canadian athlete.

10. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

Detroit: After Steve Yzerman retired and Ben Wallace signed with Chicago, it's been a tossup, but Billups, Rip, Verlander, and Ordonez are all possible.Calvin Johnson and Curtis Granderson (for the future).

11. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tHe_pEsTiLeNcE @ Jul 18 2007, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For the Bay Area I guess it would be Bonds since he draws the most attention and since he's an appropriate face for an awful Bay Sports Scene.</div>Yeah, it's probably Bonds. He is the most talked about athlete here even if most of the talk is negative.

12. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

Milt Stegall, the best CFL WR everHe's awesomeedit: just saw dsounG's was the same

13. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

I've never even heard of Milt Stegall, 7Goat/dSoung

14. time takes time

time takes time BBW Member

tim duncan. ugh

15. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PrimeTime @ Jul 18 2007, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Only one of them I've ever heard of is chris bosh.</div>Roy Halladay is a cy young winner, vernon wells is a gold glover, and mats sundin has been one of the longest serving maple leaf along with tucker. If you watch baseball, you would have defintely heard of halladay, and wells. Right now id say Sundin because the Jays arent doing better than .500 and we have an excess of maple leaf fans, but trust me if Chris Bosh really breaks out this year, hell be the face of this city no problem.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (7Goat @ Jul 18 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Milt Stegall, the best CFL WR everHe's awesomeedit: just saw dsounG's was the same</div>I heard of him, hes not a bad guy from what ive seen.

16. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

Ontop of all that, CB4 wasnt naming his city's, he lives in Halifax, due to humoungous lack of sports there except for hockey, there is really no big name players there except for maybe in the NHL

17. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

in toronto its been mats sundin for the past few yearsbut starting this season its gonna be CB4 WOOHOOOedit: maybe rasho is a better fit

18. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The`Dream @ Jul 18 2007, 01:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've never even heard of Milt Stegall, 7Goat/dSoung</div>It's CFL. And it's Winnipeg.I don't expect any Americans to know. Just like Canadians know lots of American States and most Americans can't name 5 Canadian provinces from the top of their head.

19. MrBigShot_23

MrBigShot_23 BBW Member

Yeah, I dont think its Granderson.Pudge and Magglio are more famous on the Tigers.Its hard right now, theres no real superstars in Detroit right now. Yzerman for sure a while back, and even Ben Wallace, but now there isnt really ONE.

20. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RaptorFan#1 @ Jul 18 2007, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Ontop of all that, CB4 wasnt naming his city's, he lives in Halifax, due to humoungous lack of sports there except for hockey, there is really no big name players there except for maybe in the NHL</div>Hey, we're getting an ABA team! :lol:Edit: Sidney Crosby is the face of halifax.