Who is the face of sports in your city?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The`Dream, Jul 18, 2007.

1. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

Baseball: Barry Bonds[​IMG]Football: Frank Gore[​IMG]Basketball: Baron Davis[​IMG](Used to be Jason Richardson :no1: ...)

2. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 18 2007, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Hey, we're getting an ABA team! :lol:Edit: Sidney Crosby is the face of halifax.</div>As much as I hate hockey, Sidney Crosby is sick. [​IMG]

3. ElMaster

ElMaster BBW Elite Member

For my city, and the entire country, it's definitely Carlos Arroyo. He's the only puertorican to have a constant career in the NBA.

4. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Used to be Shane Battier.....now its Mike Miller.

5. abc

abc BBW Member

I am actually gona say that for the average Torontonian, it would be Mats Sundin. Hockey is biggest, here, and he is the biggest player hes on tons of things. BUT for the average person, basketball wise im gona say that it may be Bosh now, but maybe as early as next year it will be Andrea Bargnani, becuase he represents the Italian/European culture in Toronto. And he will be a STUD.

6. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

Kobe Bryant.

7. SportsTicker

SportsTicker News Feed

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ElMaster @ Jul 18 2007, 01:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For my city, and the entire country, it's definitely Carlos Arroyo. He's the only puertorican to have a constant career in the NBA.</div> :HAHAHA: I understand he's the best player to come out of Puerto Rico, but a lot of people from that area act like he's the best PG to ever play...What team is he on now?

8. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Definitely Gilbert Arenas.. Alex Ovechkin could be considered, though.

9. Opal

Opal Active Member

Really for Denver, there is 3, maybe even 4 that are. Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony, Champ Bailey, and Jay Cutler could after this year. The most talked about is probably AI now, but 'Melo and Champ are holy here. In Denver, the QB is either hated or loved. People still want the next John Elway so if he can have a good season he is going to be up there.

10. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

In Dallas? Dirk.Previous holders: Mike Modano, Troy Aikman and Emmitt Smith, Nolan Ryan, LandryIn College Station, I'd still say Acie is the man. Jorvorskie Lane would be the replacement at least until DeAndre Jordan starts playing. Reggie McNeal would be the last major face of A&M [​IMG] .

11. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

For Orlando, it is easily Dwight Howard. No one else in the city even comes close to him right now.

12. The Lefty

The Lefty BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Jul 18 2007, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For Orlando, it is easily Dwight Howard. No one else in the city even comes close to him right now.</div>I was thinking Arroyo. I seen more of his jerseys worn and on sale when I went down there for spring break.

13. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Lefty @ Jul 18 2007, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I was thinking Arroyo. I seen more of his jerseys worn and on sale when I went down there for spring break.</div>Not at all. Dwight Howard shows up everywhere, like on bill boards, the advertisements on TV he is on more often. In the tourism books that have advertisements for the Magic, they always show his picture, and name him first. There is definately no on else up there in front of Dwight Howard in Orlando, everyone loves him.Arroyo is definately number two, and that is a good reason why he wasn't benched for long behind Deiner last year, or why the Magic won't trade him for just anyone. He brings in alot of fans, but he's not up there with Dwight Howard.

14. iFR3SHi

iFR3SHi BBW Elite Member

For NY its mostly A-Rod and Jeter. Even tho I consider them as NJ

15. Dmoney

Dmoney BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iFR3SHi @ Jul 18 2007, 07:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>For NY its mostly A-Rod and Jeter. Even tho I consider them as NJ</div>How do you consider Jeter and A-Rod as NJ, when they play in the Bronx.

16. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

[​IMG]Used to be Larry Bird and then Reggie Miller, but now it's between one of those two, probably Peyton because he's a much more public figure

17. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

pple know chris bosh because he plays basketball here but hes actually not that popular if u say around the city...like I said its mats sundinbut what about that guy that plays for argos the qb I forgot his namehmmmmmats sundin is old he should just crumple up and retirehmmmmI remember seeing fred jones in a bad boy commercial lol before he was traded

18. dsounG

dsounG BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Jul 18 2007, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>pple know chris bosh because he plays basketball here but hes actually not that popular if u say around the city...like I said its mats sundinbut what about that guy that plays for argos the qb I forgot his namehmmmmmats sundin is old he should just crumple up and retirehmmmmI remember seeing fred jones in a bad boy commercial lol before he was traded</div>Damon Allen? Lol, watching hours of CFL pre-game shows and highlights really pays off. [​IMG]

19. 7Goat

7Goat BBW Hip-Hop Head

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dsounG @ Jul 18 2007, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Damon Allen?</div>didn't he get switched to 3rd string QB :HAHAHA:

20. 808Hornetsfan

808Hornetsfan BBW VIP

I don't live in a city, but the star of our state right now has to be QB Colt Brennan. If any of you guys like college football, I suggest you watch Colt play on ESPN a few times this season. He recently broke the single-season TD record with like 55 or 56.... He's our new Timmy Chang, Chang broke the all-time passing yardage record two seasons ago so we have a pretty dang good group of football players.