Who should the Bobcats look for in the draft?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by BrewCityBuck, Feb 14, 2006.

1. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

This team has it's PF's locked up with Sean May and Emeka Okafor. It has it's PG of the future with Ray Felton, if Sean May starts at PF for them they would need another bigman inside to either player center with Okafor at PF, or as a backup to May/Okafor. I don't think Kareem Rush anything more than a backup shooter but considering how much cap this team has now they could easily snag a solid SG in free agency without breaking the bank on a bigman. If they got the first pick I would think they'd pick Rudy Gay because he's more athetic and thats what the Bobcats are lacking. Adam Morrison would force Wallace to play SG and give the Bobcats one of the slowest teams in the league. A tandom of Gerald Wallace and Rudy Gay would be monterous, they would form one of the best defensive backcourts in the league. If they don't get one of the top couple picks Andrea Bargnani would be a solid pick however Rudy Gay would be the best pick in my mind.

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Why not Rudy Gay? He could always start ahead of Gerald Wallace and he can also play sg. He can do just about everything very well. The Bobcats are a rebuilding team and need to draft the most talented player in the draft and I think that's Rudy. But if Rudy falls then you go with Morrison. He is the best scorer in the draft. Comparisons have been made to Larry Bird. He is so versatile, a great shooter and he can drive and get to the rack fo a lay up. He can even post up. That's my 2 cents.

3. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>But if Rudy falls then you go with Morrison. He is the best scorer in the draft. Comparisons have been made to Larry Bird. He is so versatile, a great shooter and he can drive and get to the rack fo a lay up. He can even post up.</div> I don't think Adam Morrison is versatile, he's strictly a SF..He can't play defense...He will find it much harder to get to the basket in the NBA because he isn't very quick, doesn't have a good first step, isn't very athletic...I watched the Gonzaga/Stanford game last week and watching Adam Morrison run reminded me of Glenn Robinson late in his career... I think he could be a good player I just have my doubts...

4. CB4allstar

I mean that he is versatile scoring wise. He can score basically any way. Thats part of the reason why he averages 27 ppg.

5. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I mean that he is versatile scoring wise. He can score basically any way. Thats part of the reason why he averages 27 ppg.</div> He actually averages 29ppg, but like I said it's going to be much harder for him to do what he does now in the NBA, besides Memphis and UConn the Bulldogs don't exactly play top competition.

6. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Rudy Gay is easily their target, they seem locked up at the PG, big men spots. It's the swing spots that need the working.And why not take the guy with the most potential at the position, Rudy Gay, despite not being NBA ready, Bobcats aren't ready for anything either. Perfect pair.

7. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Rudy Gay would be a very reasonable guy to draft. Idk about who elce...JJ Redick? I would hate to see him on this team though. But they just need a SG to take in this draft

8. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

You have to take the best player available. With the cap room the Bobcats have they could easily pick up a solid SG in the offseason if it doesn't work out in the draft.

9. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

Picking up a SG in the draft for them should work. Their 100% lottery team no doubt. 1st or 2nd pick should be theirs

10. CB4allstar

There are now top 3 sg's in the draft though. You gotta go with the best player in the draft if you are a rebuilding team like the Bobcats. Which is SF.

11. Wade3

Wade3 BBW Elite Member

They need a Guard and I would go with J.J. Reddick or Adam Morrison and if they are taken I would thirdly choose Rudy Gay. This team could start doing damage with any three of these guys.

12. BrewCityBuck

They will have a top 3 pick from what it looks like now. They need a superstar on this team not a good college player. Adam Morrison would slow then down and Redick isn't the all-around player you pick that high, Gay makes more sense.

13. CB4allstar

Yeah I would go with Gay, I don't know how that would work out though, they already have Gerald Wallace who is one of the best on their team. He attacks the rim well and he shoots at a high percentage. i think they would like to keep him. Maybe Gay could back up sf and sometimes play sg.

14. BrewCityBuck

Gerald Wallace can play SG fine. Those two in the backcourt together would form one of the nastiest defensive duos in the NBA. Together their arm spans are around 14 feet.

15. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

SG is their biggest hole and they need a player with star potential. Why wouldn't they go after Gay?

16. pjcolpitts?

pjcolpitts? BBW Elite Member

i'd go with Brandon Roy or Rodney Carney. if they have to, i'd trade down to get them.