Who should the Warriors draft?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Mar 4, 2004.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Jameer or Felton. This is the point guard's draft and the W's have gone on too long without a first round point guard like Timmy Hardaway. If we can keep Murph, Cardinal that'd be sweet. We could have Eschmeyer/Foyle for next season.

Which wouldn't be bad, because Musselman likes Foyle and he's a team player.

2. Warriorfansnc93

Warriorfansnc93 JBB JustBBall Member

Regardless of what position we draft for, we are going to try to find that first round caliber player you are wanting. Since we are pretty set at pg, sg I think we should look towards the forward and center positions. Foyle is not a starting nba center. Will we be able to find one in the draft? Possibly. Murphy is ok, but I would not complian if we drafted someone like Okafor if we were so lucky to be in that position. Dunleavy is ok at sf, but again, if we could find that explosive player at that position, I would not be against it. I would take Melo this year if he was available. You mentioned Childress, and I think that would be a nice pick up. I am against the concept of the best player on the board because how many times has someone drafted a player then traded him later in the season because the team had too many at his position and he was worth anything? If he was that promising, the team most likely would keep him and trade the previous starter.

3. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

I am hoping for Okafor, Nelson, or possibly Livingston. I'd like one of those players. And maybe if there's a international big man that impresses late. I wouldn't be happy with a SG or SF. And i think that Foyle will be alright if he were to start at the center position. I think that he has really developed an offensive game lately, over the past two years. And everyone knows about his shot blocking ability. And the Warriors will also have Clifford next year, unless if they trade him. So Foyle, Cardinal, and Cliff could be alright, i am guessing.

4. Warriorfansnc93

I would also be interested in an international big man that can pass and defend like Vlade.

5. Ice

Ice JBB Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Clif25:</div><div class="quote_post">I am hoping for Okafor, Nelson, or possibly Livingston. </div>
    Yeah right...Theres no way the Warriors will get Okafor. He's projected to go top 3. (most likely number one, unless the Magic draft the stiff Pavel)

Livingston is possibly out of the question as well for GS. He's listed as the 4th pick on NBADraft.Net and again, the Warriors will not score that high in the lotto.

Nelson, maybe.

6. Warriorfansnc93

Hey, we have a 1% chance to win the #1 pick in the draft. Let us hold on to that. Just cause the Magic suck does not mean you have to come over here and put us down with you.

7. Custodianrules2

I feel bad for the Magic. Not because of their record, but because Twardzick had joined their staff.

8. YayAreaFanatic

YayAreaFanatic JBB JustBBall Member

Twardzick... hahaha. hmmm, is this another correlation that shows people out there that this guy should never, ever have another job. there's no reason why he should be pulling in dollars, when the unemployment rate is so high.

9. Custodianrules2

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting YayAreaFanatic:</div><div class="quote_post">Twardzick... hahaha. hmmm, is this another correlation that shows people out there that this guy should never, ever have another job. there's no reason why he should be pulling in dollars, when the unemployment rate is so high.</div>

Amen to that, bro. But goes to show if you know people, you're going to get a job no matter how lousy you are at it.

10. jayserinos99

jayserinos99 JBB JustBBall Member

Holy schnikes! The Twardzik curse strikes again!

Anyways, it's been stated here, but we should draft for talent, not need. It'd be great to get Okafor, Livingston, Smith, et. al, but let's see who drops down to us. If the season ended now, we'd probably get a pick much like last year realistically (#11) and there are some interesting names in that area like Nelson, Harrison (Center from Colorado) and Warrick (SF, Syracuse).

Check out draftcity.com for their 2004 mock draft for more information.

11. Custodianrules2

I heard Shaun Livingston has an NBA comparrison to Andre Miller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. Rudeezy

Rudeezy JBB Senior *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting custodianrules2:</div><div class="quote_post">I heard Shaun Livingston has an NBA comparrison to Andre Miller.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]</div>I don't know about basketball skill wise, but he definately looks like him.[​IMG]

13. Custodianrules2

That's the joke [​IMG]

If anyone can find a picture of Bill Curley compared to Brian Cardinal. That'd be hilarious. Both their initials are B.C., both are balding, and both are known for hustle.

14. Rudeezy

15. Custodianrules2

Ahhh you the man, Rudeezy! I guess not quite the same look, but at least their initials and their hustle game is similar. I thought Bill Curley's hairline was further back than that almost similar to Cardinal's.

16. Rudeezy

This pic of Bill Curley also resembles Cardinal.

[​IMG]

17. Custodianrules2

There we go. [​IMG]

18. kobeonfire

kobeonfire JBB JustBBall Member

DONT DRAFT A SG OR AN SF! In the last 3 years ( at least), we've gotten one of those two positions. What we really need is either a backup PG, or a big man (preferably a center, as Murph got the PF spot locked up).

19. Custodianrules2

The Warriors should make a trade in the offseason that involves getting two first round drafts. One with a play for Jameer Nelson if he's the best player of the current lottery position and another for one of those 7 foot international players. That 7'5" 303 lb Pavel Podkolzine doesn't sound too good the way they describe him, but he might be good for providing that presence in the paint. And then there's "Mr. Unpronounceable" Martynas Andriuskevicius at 7'3" 220 lbs. And then there's Ha Seung Jin at 7'3" 300 lbs. Those could all be critical big men that can stop guys like Yao. I would take a chance on either one of them provided that none have been flaged as "injury prone".

20. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

I would be interested if Boston were to draft Jameer Nelson, if the Warriors could give the Celtics an offer such as Dunleavy and our draft pick for Jameer Nelson and Kendrick Perkins. This would give the Warriors a stud potentialed PG and a potential solid young center. I think with time, Perkins can become a good player. And Perkins is about as good as you could get in this draft if you are looking big, besides that one guy that has come out of nowhere, Martynas Andriuskevicius .

Also on a side note, on draftcity.com there's this guy from over-seas. And he's the number one prospect for the 2005 draft. I was reading their scouting report and he sounds too good to be true. I think his last name was something like Alexander or of that kind. I was trying to get info on that new guy Martynas Andriuskevicius, but accidently was checking out this other guy who had the same initials.

And i don't know about Pavel. He hasn't impressed me much in terms of game and health and mentally. He's tall, but he sorta sounds like a stiff. I doubt he'd be better than Shawn Bradley. He'd probably be like George Muresan. But then again i haven't seen him play, so i shouldn't say too much i guess.