Who should we draft with 27th and 34th pick?

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by J_Ray, Jun 4, 2005.

1. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Now that it is already decided that Utah will try and get a Point Guard with the 6th pick, who will Utah pick with the 27th and 34th pick?

Here is a list of potential prospects that we have worked out, or could take with these picks:

Ronny Turiaf
    Forward, Gonzaga [​IMG]
    6-10, 249 lbs., Le Robert, Martinique

David Lee
    Forward, Florida [​IMG]
    6-9, 249 lbs., St. Louis, MO

Angelo Gigli
    Forward, Italy [​IMG]
    6-10, 207 lbs., Pietermaritzburg, Russia

Nate Robinson
    Guard, Washington [​IMG]
    5-9, 180 lbs., Oakland, CA

Julius Hodge
    Guard/Forward, North Carolina State
    6-7 , Harlem, NY

Ryan Gomes
    Forward, Providence
    6-7, 245 lbs., Westbury, CT

Salim Stoudamire
    Guard, Arizona
    6-1, Portland, Oregon

Lawerence Roberts
    Forward, Mississippi State
    6-9

2. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting J_Ray:</div><div class="quote_post">Now that it is already decided that Utah will try and get a Point Guard with the 6th pick, who will Utah pick with the 27th and 34th pick?</div>

I don't think the Jazz have made that decision at all. Here's a quote from KOC in the Deseret News May 26th..... "Whether it's a point guard or not, we'll try to get the best player," he snapped. "Let's not pigeon-hole us into drafting positions."

It's no secret that Miller asked how deep the draft was in players that could have an immediate impact, and KOC told him 3 or 4. Since the Jazz fell to #6, from there on it's a crapshoot!..............I'm assuming GG and or Bell is going to be history, and convinced we're gonna take Antoine Wright at #6 if he's there. After we get done dealing, our new PG is gonna come somewhere around mid first round. And I think using Snyder as part of the bait to get there, is not unthinkable!!

Just how I see it.............Tank

3. J_Ray

Actually, now that I think of it, that might be good. After all Memphis wants to trade the 19th pick for a pair of second rounders. 19th pick for 51st, 60th, and Snyder, and that might be really good. Then get a PG with the 27th or 34, like Robinson or if we get that 19th pick if J.J. is still on the board you take him.

4. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

After we get a point guard with the 6th pick, whoever it may be, I think with the rest of the picks we need to take the best player left. Heck, if the Jazz want to draft me, I'll throw my name in the draft.

5. Stockton

Stockton JBB

If Utah get a Point Guard with the 6th pick, they should go after a Centre with the 27th pick. They could do to improve their back up Centre situation. With the 34th pick, the Jazz should take another Point Guard. They only have Raul Lopez under contract for next season at the Point Guard spot.

6. J_Ray

I really like Nate Robinson with the 34th pick if he's there. He might actually be better than Boykins, because he's a little taller and more athletic.

7. tankster

tankster JBB JustBBall Member

It's highly possible we won't be picking anybody with one or more of our second round picks. See the exerpt from the Deseret News below.

We're picking at #6 and #27. Our three others fall in the second round, at Nos. 34, 51 and 60 overall.
    But don't necessarily expect the Jazz to use all five on picks that will be in training camp come October.
    "That's not likely," said Kevin O'Connor, the Jazz's basketball operations senior vice president.
    Instead, the Jazz could trade away one or more of their picks. Another option is to draft an international player who is not brought over right away, much like what happened with forward Andrei Kirilenko after he was drafted in 1999.
    "Those are some of the things we are going to consider," O'Connor said.

Tank

8. J_Ray

They can use the 34th, 51st, and 60th to trade up to get Deron Williams, or use 1 of them to move up on the 27th pick if they really like someone. I wish they would draft Raymond Felton if he's there though, he would really help our team's fast break, and make tons of plays.