OT Who Will Be Biden's VP Pick

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Chris Craig, Apr 28, 2020.

?

Who Will Biden Choose As A Running Mate?

1. Amy Klobuchar

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  2. Elizabeth Warren

2 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Kamala Harris

12 vote(s)
    35.3%
  4. Stacey Abrams

3 vote(s)
    8.8%
  5. Gretchen Whitmer

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  6. Val Demings

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. Tammy Baldwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Someone Else

8 vote(s)
    23.5%
  9. He won't because he will drop out due to allegations

4 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

I dont disagree. He shows the immature selfish egotistical mentality that could certainly be capable.

But until he does, I cant call him Hitler or the like. I can only call him a shitty president.

But I do disagree on the, he cant do certain things...All it takes is a couple of kiss ass generals with their heads up his ass drinking his koolaid.

But, yeah we are kinda debating for the sake of debating at this point. :)

Speaking of weed.. im now off the clock, heading home for some of my own! :)

Minstrel likes this.
  2. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Hey, who am I to tell you how to protest an unjust social order.

Orion Bailey likes this.
  3. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    He's killed 100,000 Americans needlessly and installed a Supreme Court that doesn't follow the Constitution so yeah, I can see where he's a horrifically evil person. I gonna stick with my analogy.
    Blinded by Trump hate? I wouldn't say that. I'd call it more of a real eye opener.

4. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

stick to the facts please or the convo will go nowhere.

He did not Systematically aNd purposefully slaughter 100,000 people and if you do think that then every leader of every country who has had a death due to covid is a murderer.

get your feels out of the convo. Your first statement was pure opinion, based on Trump hate.

5. Lanny

Those are the facts. It's been stated that the death toll was about 85% higher than it would otherwise been because of Trump's blundering. One only has to look at other countries and their death tolls per Million residents and then compare that to our highest in the world rate.
    Also, I never said he did it purposely, it's more like manslaughter where he closed his eyes to what would happened and then preferred to try and pad his numbers especially with respect to the economy not having enough God given brains to know how many extra Americans he would kill. He just didn't care to know what would happen. And then he had the gall to lie about it and desperately try and cover it up by blaming anyone else that he could.

yankeesince59 likes this.
  6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

where?

link to a valid source?

anyone can state anything my friend. It doesnt make it fact...

7. Lanny

It was stated in here and a link was provided. It would take me half an hour to find it on the web. Maybe someone else in here recalls it.

8. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

ok

9. EL PRESIDENTE

EL PRESIDENTE Username Retired in Honor of Lanny.

Gotta lay the groundwork

At least one highly dedicated Wikipedia user has been scrubbing controversial aspects of Harris’s “tough-on-crime” record from her Wikipedia page, her decision not to prosecute Steve Mnuchin for mortgage fraud-related crimes, her strong support of prosecutors in Orange County who engaged in rampant misconduct, and other tidbits — such as her previous assertion that “it is not progressive to be soft on crime” — that could prove unflattering to Harris as the public first gets to know her on the national stage. The edits, according to the page history, have elicited strong pushback from Wikipedia’s volunteer editor brigade, and have drawn the page into controversy, though it’s a fight the pro-Harris editor is currently winning.

The piece continues that on June 11, the Wikipedia user removed this section about the Orange County scandal, saying that they were proofreading for length:

Later that year, Harris appealed a judge’s order to take over the prosecution of a high-profile mass murder case and to eject all 250 prosecutors from the Orange County District Attorney’s office over allegations of misconduct by Republican D.A. Tony Rackauckas. Rackauckas was alleged to have illegally employed jailhouse informants and concealed evidence. Harris noted that it was unnecessary to ban all 250 prosecutors from working on the case, as only a few had been directly involved, later promising a narrower criminal investigation. The U.S. Department of Justice began an investigation into Rackauckas in December 2016, but he was not re-elected.

The Intercept also talks about how Harris’s first bid for public office running for San Francisco DA, where she lambasted her opponent, Terence Hallinan, for not being tough enough on crime:

In her first bid for public office, Harris embraced a “tough-on-crime” approach in the San Francisco district attorney race and unseated Terence Hallinan, who was considered one of the “most left-wing politicians in the country.” Under Hallinan, the district attorney’s office focused on rehabilitative justice initiatives instead of incarceration, which led to the lowest felony conviction rates of any county in California.

While campaigning in the Mission District, SF Weekly reported at the time, Harris slammed Hallinan for failing to prosecute anti-war protesters for property destruction. “It is not progressive to be soft on crime,” she said.

On June 8, the Wikipedia user removed this quote from the page, saying that the changes made were “minor edits for length.”

HailBlazers likes this.
  10. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

I've noticed every time the Senate Democrats need a spokesperson it's been Kamala Harris, not Chuck Schumer, the minority leader. It's beginning to look like she is the pick and is being given max air time. I had her for attorney general, but suppose Adam Schiff could do the job (and give Trump apoplexy).

Speaking of apoplexy, Elizabeth Warren as Secretary of the Treasury would sure send chills down some capitalist spines.

Chris Craig and Minstrel like this.
  11. Chris Craig

Chris Craig (Blazersland) I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Adam Schiff for attorney general? If Harris is VP, the AG should be Sally Yates or maybe Klobuchar.

Elizabeth Warren as secretary of treasury sure

Jay Inslee to lead EPA

Susan Rice as Secretary of State

Pete Buttiegeg secretary of Defense

lawai'a likes this.
  12. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Warren should be Secretary of the Air Force. She could lead fighter formations on her broom. ;)

Shaboid likes this.
  13. lawai'a

lawai'a Well-Known Member

yates AG

defense mattis

14. Shaboid

Shaboid Well-Known Member

Okay, that one made me lol for real. GF asked why. Not sure I wanna tell her.

e_blazer likes this.
  15. Lanny

Those are good choices but I still see Kamala as Attorney General and Stacey Abrams as VP.

16. riverman

riverman Writing Team

nonsense OB......hate is not exclusive to other emotions like disgust...distrust....your post is divisive in nature....the whole planet is angry at Trump and for good reason...if anyone doesn't share that sentiment I'll argue with them all day about why I dislike, distrust Trump but that doesn't mean I hate them....I hate the Lakers but consider HCP a good friend....el prez I consider a good friend...that doesn't mean I need to tolerate racists or delusional people who tend to be found in his camp. In America you can take a strong stand and support it...if you want Trump to win so you can see people melt down...news flash ….he won a few years ago and I'm not melted at all...just proactively against Trump and the reasons his supporters support him....nobody has had a single convincing argument to change my views but perhaps I can change a view here and there....anger isn't hatred....sometimes it can be confused for hatred....I've met maris and el prez….I don't hate them at all but I strongly oppose their political views....it's why we have freedom of speech

Chris Craig and Lanny like this.
  17. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

not everybody is you River...

riverman likes this.
  18. Lanny

I'll have to agree that Trump's base is not at all like riverman. That's a pretty good compliment right there.

19. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

no lanny. Meaning not everyone can separate anger from hatred.

sorry. When people want other people to get sick and die for poor choices, that is hate, Not anger. just because river can separate, doesn't mean everyone can....

And to deny that there is blind hatred, is putting ones head in the sand as much as a trumper who denies all the poor choices Trump has made lately.

20. Lanny

I made my point and I stand by it.