Who will be the #1 draft pick in 2005?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by calijazz, Jan 15, 2005.

1. calijazz

calijazz JBB JustBBall Member

Who will it be? Or will there be no clear cut choice? I would like to know what you guys think.

2. skip

skip BBW Member

well it really depends on the team but i think it could be McCants, Taft, Paul, or Warrick

3. 50

50 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah that is true Derfz, I am sure that it will be one of them and I think that a high-schooler will also be in the top five with those four.

4. calijazz

I was thinking it's gonna be Marvin Williams....NBAdraft.net thinks so too.

Link to nbadraft.net

5. Pure

Pure JBB Graphic Design

Those mock drafts are very inconsistent. The link above says he will be number one, yet another site I read doesn't even have him in the top 25.

Paul, McCants, Warrick, and Taft all look like top picks right now.

6. Tesh15

Tesh15 JBB JustBBall Member

probably mcants,warrick,paul... watch out 2006 mock draft and a kid named Greg Oden from HS will be number 1 pick...ppl say he can be top 10 in draft this coming yr in his junior year in HS but i doubt he will enter.

7. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting calijazz:</div><div class="quote_post">I was thinking it's gonna be Marvin Williams....NBAdraft.net thinks so too.

Link to nbadraft.net</div>

It really depends on who gets it. I was watching Williams at high school across the sound and if he doesnt go top 3 i will be very surprised.

8. skip

skip BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting odde23:</div><div class="quote_post">It really depends on who gets it. I was watching Williams at high school across the sound and if he doesnt go top 3 i will be very surprised.</div>

you would b surprised if he doesnt go before either McCants, Warrick, Taft or Paul? [​IMG]

9. Peja King

Peja King JBB JustBBall Member

Aleksandrov

10. PejaForThree

PejaForThree JBB JustBBall Member

mccants is to small.

11. odde23

odde23 JBB Not A JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting DerfZ:</div><div class="quote_post">you would b surprised if he doesnt go before either McCants, Warrick, Taft or Paul? [​IMG]</div>

Did I st-st-stutter?

12. calijazz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Peja King:</div><div class="quote_post">Aleksandrov</div>

He's been performing poorly over in Europe...I don't think he'll go #1. Many experts believe he'll wait till 2006 to enter the draft. I also think that makes more sense for him.

Link to article about Aleksandrov

13. calijazz

I checked another NBA draft website to see where they had Marvin Williams. According to Draftcity.com; he'll go #4. I think there is pretty much a concensus that Marvin Williams will at least go top 10, probably in the top 5. I think he'll go #1 as I said before.

By the way, this website has Andrew Bogut listed as the #1 pick right now.

Link to Draftcity.com mock draft

2 other guys to look out for are Jarrett Jack and Raymond Felton. I think they will go top 10 as well.

14. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

Cris Paull will go first to the Hornets because Barol Davis will be traded...So they'll be forced to draft a PG...

15. calijazz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKOwnstheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Cris Paull will go first to the Hornets because Barol Davis will be traded...So they'll be forced to draft a PG...</div>

The Hornets have plenty of wholes they need to fill and besides, it's pretty uncommon for a PG to go #1 overall.

Lebron doesn't count as a PG in my book. He can play 4 positions...he just doesn't play PG like Chris Paul does.

I hope you guys can see my point here.

16. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Peja King:</div><div class="quote_post">Aleksandrov</div>

I don't know if a team would take a chance with Aleksandrov at #1, he seems like a good player but forigeners always seem to be risky picks and the team that picks him really has to know what they are doing.At this point I will see the two overseas trees going any where from 3-10 (at the latest).

For #1 I would say Paul and Taft have great chances, Warrick still need to show me what position he is playing (SF/PF) to be the #1 pick, Mccants is undersized. Warrick I'll say will go top 10, and Mccants can slip to as low as 12-15 because of his size but most likly a team will pick him up around the 7-10 spot. Marvin Williams has a shot also but I think he will stay at UNC.

17. calijazz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CourtKing:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Marvin Williams has a shot also but I think he will stay at UNC.</div>

If he is projected to go #1 as we get closer to the draft...I doubt he can resist the temptation to jump to the pros.

18. Shard

Shard Hi2u

Marvin Williams has all the talent to be an NBA star and he will no doubt impress in pre-draft camps if he chooses to enter the draft. Other than Marvin, Chris Paul is the only guy I can see going above him.

19. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Over in europe I've seen some play by the Turkish youngster Ersan Ilyasova, I like what I see in his build and playing style. He's very quick and nobody seems to match his abilities by the slightest bit. Even players from Pau-Orthez like Johan Petro, whom is entering the draft this summer, do not seem to match up to this Turkish kid. I would actually say he may go first pick, but he's a huge project so I can't confirm that entirly. Truthfully it all depends on the patience of the team that has the first pick for next season.

20. calijazz

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting M Two One:</div><div class="quote_post">Over in europe I've seen some play by the Turkish youngster Ersan Ilyasova, I like what I see in his build and playing style. He's very quick and nobody seems to match his abilities by the slightest bit. Even players from Pau-Orthez like Johan Petro, whom is entering the draft this summer, do not seem to match up to this Turkish kid. I would actually say he may go first pick, but he's a huge project so I can't confirm that entirly. Truthfully it all depends on the patience of the team that has the first pick for next season.</div>

I don't even think this kid is on anyone's draft board. I may be wrong though.