Who will be the #1 draft pick in 2005?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by calijazz, Jan 15, 2005.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting calijazz:</div><div class="quote_post">I don't even think this kid is on anyone's draft board. I may be wrong though.</div>

http://www.nbadraft.net

Listed as fifth pick prediction, I say higher as before, bro.

2. calijazz

calijazz JBB JustBBall Member

Sorry about that...I guess I skimmed right over him for some reason. He looks like an interesting prospect.

3. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting calijazz:</div><div class="quote_post">Sorry about that...I guess I skimmed right over him for some reason. He looks like an interesting prospect.</div>

(Not to make this thread into a convo)

He is interesting indeed, I watched him play in France when his team faced Pau-Orthez a while back, he is extremely talented. He needs to put on more weight but I don't think that will be a problem as he used to only weigh around 200 a year ago, that tells me he is working hard to gain muscle. If he continues to work and gain experiance, we can probably expect him to be something very special someday soon.

4. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Tesh15:</div><div class="quote_post">probably mcants,warrick,paul... watch out 2006 mock draft and a kid named Greg Oden from HS will be number 1 pick...ppl say he can be top 10 in draft this coming yr in his junior year in HS but i doubt he will enter.</div>

Yeah, he has stated that he will be going to college to play at either Indiana or Michigan State. Whoever gets him, they should be some pretty happy campers. The guy is huge and is an outstaning talent.

5. calijazz

Wow, I didn't know he was going to college. Everbody was saying Oden is going to the NBA.

Yeah, whoever gets him will defintely be happy.

6. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

1. Taft
    2. M. Williams
    3. Splitter

I believe teams will back off of Paul and Mccants becuase their to short to play the NBA positions their best at. Paul is a terrific talent, though i'm not sure if he's any better than Jameer Nelson and look what happened to him on the draft board.

Since i'm a raptors fan i hope to get Mccants with our first pick(Raptors) and Warrick with Phili's pick. Then i want to grab Carney with our second round pick.

If either Mccants or Warrick are gone by the time our pick comes up I'd take Green too....and just hope we can fix the attitude.

7. P.A.P.

P.A.P. JBB Fresh Start

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting CUSA Fan:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, he has stated that he will be going to college to play at either Indiana or Michigan State. Whoever gets him, they should be some pretty happy campers. The guy is huge and is an outstaning talent.</div>

He never said he was going to college. He said he wanted to goto college, but he might be forced to goto the NBA because of all the oppurtunities and all. Indian and MSU are just his preferences.

---

This year their isn't a clear cut number one. It all depends on who gets the pick. As of now, Marvin Williams (if he declares), Chris Paul or Taft seem to be the likely canidates. Andriuskevicius, who was a projected top 7 pick last year, might even be number 1 as well, but it all depends on who gets the number 1.

8. calijazz

One thing I always remember....guards are the first ones to lose stock on draft night. Like Jameer Nelson.

Reason why mention that is because a lot of people think Chris Paul will go #1...he'll probably go pretty high but not that high.

By the way, has Paul declared that he's entering the draft after this year yet? Is he waiting till after the year to decide?

9. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Paul is proven and polished and few in this draft are. I see a lot of 20 yr old,6-11 imports who they say have skills,but if there are any stats they donn't look like lottery. Just a few high schoolers this time seem to be getting projected as round one, the ones with the big future are Oden and soph OJ Mayo who has folks back in Cincy comparing him to Oscar Robertson. This will for many be a guess and hope draft as there is a shortage of NBA ready big men and a variety of mid size F's and G's who look like late round 1 talent without a lot of gap between them

10. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting REREM:</div><div class="quote_post">Paul is proven and polished and few in this draft are. I see a lot of 20 yr old,6-11 imports who they say have skills,but if there are any stats they donn't look like lottery. Just a few high schoolers this time seem to be getting projected as round one, the ones with the big future are Oden and soph OJ Mayo who has folks back in Cincy comparing him to Oscar Robertson. This will for many be a guess and hope draft as there is a shortage of NBA ready big men and a variety of mid size F's and G's who look like late round 1 talent without a lot of gap between them</div>
    A day after I say nice things about Paul I see Fla St spank Wake and down the stretch some 5-10 g from FSU was blowin by Paul. As to Marvin Williams,He isn't as good as Sheldon Williams. Taft may be the guy who comes out on top,but I do like Bogut ,S Williams,and Felton could rise if his shooting improves

11. Gotrunks226

Gotrunks226 JBB JustBBall Member

Marvin Williams not as good as Sheldon Williams?? I dunno but there must be some reason why he's projected Top 5 in a lot of mock drafts and while Sheldon is late 1st round to 2nd round pick... Maybe because he's young? I don't think so.. But who knows maybe you see something i don't...

This year's draft is hard to tell who is #1... like some1 said above it depends on who gets the #1 pick , and Marvin Williams said he wasn't declaring because he wants to honor his commitment.

12. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Marvin Williams is my favorite for the #1 pick so far, of course if he declares. Andrew Bogut's stock is raising though, I like Marvin #1 to the Hornets, Bogut #2, and Chris Paul #3.

13. jbbCourtVision

jbbCourtVision JBB JustBBall Member

At this point it looks like Andrew Bogut will be the #1 pick. People are already comparing him to Tim Duncan.

14. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

What needs to be considered is who ends up with the first pick, and what their roster looks like come draft time. The 3 worst teams in the league right now are Atlanta, New Orleans, and Golden State. I think ATL and GS would go for a big man like maybe Bogut from Utah. If Baron Davis is moved than you might see NO look at a guy like Chris Paul to replace him, but if he remains a part of the roster they'll most likely look at a swing player, or a big man.

15. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

I wouldnt be surprised to see Taft and Bogut taken first and second, with Paul falling to 3rd maybe even down to 5. Mccants will get looks but his size is a problem. Green from highschool could surprise or fall of the radar totally. Also Warrack, everyone loves that style of play so he could go high.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

Raptors win the lottery, and pick Marvin Williams after he declares.....that is all..

17. fatballer_10

fatballer_10 JBB JustBBall Member

McCants, Paul, Warrick, Taft and even Marvin Williams are all posibilities, depending on the team. Also, Andrew Bogut (a fellow Australian) is the real deal and his size and skill set may see him go very high up, even number 1. High school ballers seem to be everyones favourite first round pick so look out for Louis Williams too. (if he decides to skip college)

18. KingSac

KingSac JBB JustBBall Member

Chris paul is the no.1 pick in this year's draft. he's the best prospect out there, I don't he'll need time to develop, he's gonna inmediate impact.

19. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKOwnstheSEC:</div><div class="quote_post">Cris Paull will go first to the Hornets because Barol Davis will be traded...So they'll be forced to draft a PG...</div>

Even if they finish with the worst record which they probably will they only have a 1 in 4 chance of getting him. Most likely #1 pick is Bogut out of Utah

20. KICKSDADDY613

KICKSDADDY613 JBB JustBBall Member

Everything Always Depends On How The Balls Pop. Marvin Williams Has Already Stated Publicly He Will Return. Oden Is Not, Repeat Is Not Coming Out After Next Year. He Is A Kid Who Wants To Go To College And Will. Mccants Will Go First Round, Not Lottery Though Unless Someone Loves Him Ala Fred Jones. Not A Lot Of Desire For A 6-3 Shooting Guard. Taft Has Really Begun To Fall Off With Nba Gm's. The Hottest Names Around All Scouts And Gm's Right Now Is Bogut And Paul. Whoever Said Paul Is Too Short (6-1) Is Off Their Rocker. I'm Not A Fan Of His, But His Skills Are Tremendous And Barring A Collapse In Workouts, He's A Top 3 Lock. No Eauropean Player Will Get A Top 3 Pick. Warrick Also (tweener) Will Not Be In The Top 5. This Is Coming From The Mouth Of Someone Who Has Spent Time Talking With Gm's This Year, So, Anything Else You Wanna Know About A Player, I Can Give You A "real" Assesment.