Who will be the #1 draft pick in 2005?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by calijazz, Jan 15, 2005.

1. KICKSDADDY613

KICKSDADDY613 JBB JustBBall Member

See Now You're Starting To Make Some Sense. It's Good To See You Come Around. Now, Said In All This, I Do Not Think Or Merit Marvin Being The Number One Pick, But His "talent" Right Now, Makes Him Top 10. I Agree On Euro Players, I'm Not Fond Of The Infatuation And Feel It Has Ruined The Careers Of A Lot Of Top Notch American Players. There Of Course Are Always Going To Be Your Hit And Miss Draft Picks. Your Woulda Coulda Shoulda's. That's What Makes The Draft What It Is. A Good Comparison For Marvin Williams, If You Wanna Look At An Outstanding Freshman Coming Off The Bench, Yet Still With Such Amazing Talent That Enamored Scouts Into A Top 10 Pick. Corey Maggette. One Year At Duke. Never Started, And All He Did Was Dunk. But, The Lottery Is The Lottery And One Eye Is All You Gotta Catch.

2. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

My perspective is as a Warriors fan who remembers Chris Washburn,Russell Cross and Todd fuller and is wary about projecting too much on potential. I saw Diogu play tonight,he may be,as you say,shorter then his listed height but so was Charles Barkley. Barkley was a runt for a power player but inside was a tiger and often he would play bigger than an opponent who had 5" on him. Diogu is often the big man on the floor though others are taller or even heavier. No doubt some team will pick the next Darko ahead of him,and when I rant about Sheldon Williams its a similar deal, with recent drafts dominated by speculation on raw prospects,and with a lot of the natueral talent turning pro before really refining their game,I'm partial to those I see that get results and I know have the motivation to pay the dues nessecery to be all they can. Marvin W obviously has shown us all he has exceptional physical tools and a shooters touch,but I want to see that he's willing to pay the dues,to battle like Barkley would to become a complete player.

3. celticsfuture8

celticsfuture8 JBB Banned Member

Chris Paul.

4. celticsfuture8

celticsfuture8 JBB Banned Member

or Marvin Williams or Rashad McCants. It matters who is the worst team.

5. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

double up

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting celticsfuture8:</div><div class="quote_post">or Marvin Williams or Rashad McCants. It matters who is the worst team.</div>
    Dude, you gotta stop double posting!! anyway it really does depend on the team but I dont think any team that gets the top pick will take Williams of McCants

6. calijazz

calijazz JBB JustBBall Member

I'm starting to change my mind...when I started this thread I was pretty sure Marvin Williams was going to go #1. But, the more I watch Andrew Bogut, the more I am convinced of his game.

Right now, I think Andrew Bogut will be the #1 overall draft pick.

7. infra.ORANG3

infra.ORANG3 JBB JustBBall Member

Andrew Bogut or Chris Paul... i think it may depend on which team gets the #1 pick. Marvin Williams is staying...

8. KICKSDADDY613

KICKSDADDY613 JBB JustBBall Member

Yes infa you are correct. Williams has said publicly he will be returning. He was a projected Top 10 last year. Hard to pass up. He is projected a Top 5 this year! Also hard to pass up, but one more year and the ability to start and star, could push Williams to No.1 or 2 come 2006. I'd love for him to honor his word and return, should he go, who'd blame him!

9. McGrady#1

McGrady#1 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting calijazz:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm starting to change my mind...when I started this thread I was pretty sure Marvin Williams was going to go #1. But, the more I watch Andrew Bogut, the more I am convinced of his game.

Right now, I think Andrew Bogut will be the #1 overall draft pick.</div>

that's right Bogut repping for our Australia [​IMG]

10. Flava23

Flava23 JBB JustBBall Member

who the hell is chris taft? i've watched pitt play like 4 times this yr and he doesnt look special, nothing close to okafer or Dwight Howard

#1 pick will either be CP3 (if he doesnt stay another yr) or andrew bogut

11. infra.ORANG3

infra.ORANG3 JBB JustBBall Member

Chris Paul might actually stay at Wake Forest... Bogut has not said whether he will declare or not. Overall this year's draft is weak... I dunno, maybe Martynas Andriuskevvicious will go first, and that's if he doesn't back out. At this moment I would say Bogut but I mean.. anyone can back out and things can totally change. As for Chris Taft, hes big and athletic but he doesn't put up monster games... he likes to taunt and do those extra stuff when unneccesary. Overall even if he was good enuff he is still way too immature.

12. balluva

balluva JBB JustBBall Member

I' have to say Bogut, but i am just so gosh darn excited for this draft pick!!!