who will draft Marcus Vick?

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Thoth, Apr 26, 2006.

1. J-E-T-S 1083

J-E-T-S 1083 The Original Jets Junkie

i think if an NFL coach can't get through to u then who will he'd be an idiot after not being drafted to do something bad now

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (panthersare#1)</div><div class='quotemain'>The dolphins have brought Marcus Vick in for a work out</div>
    WTF is Nick Saben thinking? Who's next ...Onterrio "Whizzinator" Smith to fill Ricky Williams' roster spot?

3. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>WTF is Nick Saben thinking? Who's next ...Onterrio "Whizzinator" Smith to fill Ricky Williams' roster spot?</div>
    Hes thinking that bringing Marcus Vick to camp is a no risk proposition....if it doesnt work out, hes out the door before he gets a locker....in a league where talent is heavily contested, so much so that teams often invest in risk/reward projects, this player carries no risk and adequate reward....if it does work out, you might just get a good player for nothing....phyiscally, the guy can play....he could likely play RB, WR, FS, be the emergency QB and return kicks....and if theres a problem, you pull the plug and wash your hands of the matter....because there is no risk, Im ok with the signing....if they had used a pick on him, or if they were giving him more than a minimal signing bonus, I would have reservations....

4. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hes thinking that bringing Marcus Vick to camp is a no risk proposition.</div>
    That's where he's wrong. What Saban doesn't understand is that charactor matters. Under your reasoning he may as well bring in "Doey's" former college teamate "Whizzinator" Smith.

I'm sure you guys will have your noses up Saban's A$$ when he does that too.

Give me a break!

5. J-E-T-S 1083

i dont understand how its risky if hes bringing him in for a try out it doesnt make sense to me hes got talent and if he pans out for the Dolphins it'll be fine. and i'm sure he'll be on a short leash so do something wrong when ur under contract cut. I dont see any risk in it wat so ever... lol this guy isnt a leader in the lockerroom hes an undrafted rookie

6. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's where he's wrong. What Saban doesn't understand is that charactor matters. Under your reasoning he may as well bring in "Doey's" former college teamate "Whizzinator" Smith.

Give me a break!</div>
    1.Im sure Saban is wrong and you are right....thats why hes an NFL head coach and you play one on the internet....

2.Charachter matters when you INVEST in a player....if theres no investment, theres no risk....with the contract he would be offered, theres absolutely no risk becuase theres no cap ramifications if you release him....

3."let he who is without sin cast the first stone"....we all have issues....Vicks are worst than most....Im not defending his actions in any way and if he acts the way he did at VaTech, Im sure Saban will boot him immediately....for all his sins, hes still a human being and therefore capable of repenting....further, his brother is a pretty damn good human being so I know there were values taught in that home....in honesty, he needs to grow up and fast....

7. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Further, his brother is a pretty damn good human being so I know there were values taught in that home.</div>
    Yeah ... maybe you could set up your sister with ol' Ron Mexico ... it's always nice to get herpes from someone with values. LMAO!

We know all about Nick Saban here in Michigan ... he's all about Nick. We saw Culpepper in action in Minnesota when he wouldn't live up to the contract he signed. Nick and Donte deserve each other.

They say "What goes around comes around", and from what I can see, Nick Saban and those with their nose up his A$$ will soon be getting theirs.

You'll see soon enough.

8. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Further, his brother is a pretty damn good human being so I know there were values taught in that home.</div>
    Yeah ... maybe you could set up your sister with ol' Ron Mexico ... it's always nice to get herpes from someone with values. LMAO!

We know all about Nick Saban here in Michigan ... he's all about Nick. We saw Culpepper in action in Minnesota when he wouldn't live up to the contract he signed. Nick and Donte deserve each other.

They say "What goes around comes around", and from what I can see, Nick Saban and those with their nose up his A$$ will soon be getting theirs.

You'll see soon enough.</div>
    Zach, Beef's comment about values was a sarcastic comment. If your having difficulty with the concept of sarcasm, I'm sure that any of the Lions' beat writers could give you a crash course. I'm sure they consider sarcasm a necessary skill set when writing about the Lions.

You can call the DWO a bunch of butt kissers if you want. It doesn't make it true and most people here will just consider the source. I'm just enjoying having a good coach after having suffered through the "Teflon Dave" era. If Saban starts screwing up, then I have no problem saying so, but I'm very happy with the job that he's doing. I don't see a reason to bash him just to bash him.

As far as Marcus Vick goes, I don't like him, but if Saban is going to take a look at him, this is the way to do it. We won't have a lot of salary cap money tied up in Vick. He hasn't cost us ANY draft picks, so what's the problem? He can be shown the door at any time and any losses are minimum.

Beef made an excellent point about Marcus Vick being a human being and a young man. From what I have seen and read, I don't particularly like Marcus, but I do believe that people are capable of getting their lives turned around. Chris Carter comes to mind. Hopefully, Marcus learned this weekend that his actions have made him undesireable to a whole league of people and that he needs to make the most of any chances he gets to mend his reputation. Time will tell.

9. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBeef)</div><div class='quotemain'>Hes thinking that bringing Marcus Vick to camp is a no risk proposition.</div>
    That's where he's wrong. What Saban doesn't understand is that charactor matters. Under your reasoning he may as well bring in "Doey's" former college teamate "Whizzinator" Smith.

Give me a break!</div>
    There is something called competition coming into play. Something of which the Lions know little about.

You bring in all the talent you can and battle it out to see who the top 53 will be.

I agree character matters and so would Saban, Andy Reid, the Ravens franchise, etc... Its one of the great catch 22's in sports; sometimes the most talented are the most character deficient.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>They say "What goes around comes around", and from what I can see, Nick Saban and those with their nose up his A$$ will soon be getting theirs.</div>
    [​IMG]

I appreciate your vote of confidence....

11. Cowher&Frown Co.

Cowher&Frown Co. nfl-*****s member

i really hope he never plays...

12. J-E-T-S 1083

Zach how long have the Lions been in the cellar... how long have the Dolphins been in the cellar.... how long has it taken each team to turn it around?

I wouldnt worry about how "bad" the dolphins are doing but how bad the Lions are doing

13. Thoth

Thoth Sisyphus in training

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>Zach how long have the Lions been in the cellar... how long have the Dolphins been in the cellar.... how long has it taken each team to turn it around?</div>
    2004 was an abomination. Even with 2004, Miami has had only 2 losing records & one season at .500 since 1983. Other than the 49ers during Walsh, Seifert, & most of Mariucci's tenure, no other franchise can compare.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldnt worry about how "bad" the dolphins are doing but how bad the Lions are doing</div>
    Its been said "its easier to blame others than to work on improving yourself."

Further, they also say, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."

14. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'>2004 was an abomination. Even with 2004, Miami has had only 2 losing records & one season at .500 since 1983. Other than the 49ers during Walsh, Seifert, & most of Mariucci's tenure, no other franchise can compare.</div>
    Truly a model of consistency in mediocrity (not that I can parade the Vikings around as being much better).

15. J-E-T-S 1083

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackadder)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>Zach how long have the Lions been in the cellar... how long have the Dolphins been in the cellar.... how long has it taken each team to turn it around?</div>
    2004 was an abomination. Even with 2004, Miami has had only 2 losing records & one season at .500 since 1983. Other than the 49ers during Walsh, Seifert, & most of Mariucci's tenure, no other franchise can compare.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldnt worry about how "bad" the dolphins are doing but how bad the Lions are doing</div>
    Its been said "its easier to blame others than to work on improving yourself."

Further, they also say, "those who live in glass houses should not throw stones."</div>
    right my whole point was to say that the phins sucked for like 2 years and the Lions have sucked for much longer than that

16. Hawk

Hawk nfl-*****s member

Man why is everyone changeing their avatars now?

17. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hawk)</div><div class='quotemain'>Man why is everyone changeing their avatars now?</div>
    All the bets were in effect until the draft....

18. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zackman)</div><div class='quotemain'>That's where he's wrong. What Saban doesn't understand is that charactor matters.</div>
    Do the Lions understand that charachter counts? Seems like if they did, they wouldnt have invested a 1st round pick in a guy that slammed his 100lb girlfriend on a concrete parking lot and became so violent with police who arrived to protect her that he had to be tasered....its not the 1st time hes had run ins with the law....if you are going to build a big-assed glass house, perhaps you should refrain from chucking stones....

19. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (J-E-T-S 1083)</div><div class='quotemain'>i dont understand how its risky if hes bringing him in for a try out it doesnt make sense to me hes got talent and if he pans out for the Dolphins it'll be fine. and i'm sure he'll be on a short leash so do something wrong when ur under contract cut. I dont see any risk in it wat so ever... lol this guy isnt a leader in the lockerroom hes an undrafted rookie</div>
    With all do respect to DD and Beef this was the best post in this thread and was overlooked.

You said everything that they're doing. They're trying him out. If he makes it he's on a short leash. If he screws up he's gone. He's an undrafted Rookie. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

20. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

JETS is right, there is no harm in bringing him in. He could be a starter in the league in 3 years and saban considered a genius for bringing him in, or he doesnt get a contract and dolphins dont lose anything. Its is a win win situation any way you cut it.