Who will go first in 08?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Bobby, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Bobby

Bobby BBW Member

Just and early prediction. I its between OJ Mayo, Eric Gordon, or Derrick Rose.

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

Let's wait until these kids hit the college campus before we judge them.

3. Bobby

Bobby BBW Member

As I said, this is just an early prediction

4. BALLAHOLLIC

BALLAHOLLIC Member

It all depends on who has the first pick in the draft, every team needs something different. If it's based on talent alone, I would have to go with OJ Mayo.

5. junot111

junot111 BBW Elite Member

what if oden doesn't declare for 07

6. Bobby

Bobby BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (junot111 @ Mar 3 2007, 10:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>what if oden doesn't declare for 07</div>That would be a big mistake. He cant afford to get injured again next year.

7. BrewCityBuck

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BALLAHOLLIC? @ Mar 3 2007, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>It all depends on who has the first pick in the draft, every team needs something different. If it's based on talent alone, I would have to go with OJ Mayo.</div> Derrick Rose and Michael Beasley are just as talented as OJ Mayo is.

8. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Kevin Love is also a top HS prospect right now. He's going to UCLA next year, I think...I don't know if he'll enter the '08 draft though....As for the #1 pick, right now it is probably OJ. Super talented, good shot, good passer, very athletic.

9. BrewCityBuck

Don't be so sure about OJ Mayo...Derrick Rose is just as big, more of a natural PG, is a better athlete. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>breath taking athlete with terrific size for the point guard position at 6-4 ... His upside is truly special ? An absolutely dazzling dunker with blinding speed ... Likely to be the most athletic PG in the league for years to come ? A point guard in the truest sense of the word.</div>[​IMG]-NBADraft.net

10. grizz101

grizz101 BBW Member

Memphis are lucky bastards to be getting him, he wasn't even thinking about Memphis (rose), then Calipari and Rose heard of the rumors, they met, and Rose fell in love with Memphis apparantly. MEmphis will be good next year, and Rose fits right into our playbook. Plus, he will finally give them a better option over Andre Allen and Willie Kemp, I'm not saying their bad, but rose will take us to another level next year

11. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

You can't go wrong with any of them.. But it's to early to tell, I was incredibly impressed with Beasley when I saw him play...Mayo and Rose are both big guards with range, handles, vision, athletiscm..

12. grizz101

grizz101 BBW Member

Another thing about Derrick RoseHe not only led his HS team over the number 1 high school team in the nation, but he had 28,9 and 8 to go along with it.I like him or Beasley, Mayo=no. He might be one of those Ron Artest players with attitude problems. He is slightly overrated, but he still has major skills, but I think he took a minor step down from his junior year

13. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizz101 @ Mar 3 2007, 10:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Another thing about Derrick RoseHe not only led his HS team over the number 1 high school team in the nation, but he had 28,9 and 8 to go along with it.I like him or Beasley, Mayo=no. He might be one of those Ron Artest players with attitude problems. He is slightly overrated, but he still has major skills, but I think he took a minor step down from his junior year</div>I don't see Mayo getting in fights, and stuff.. He's just a guy that cannot handle all the attention and the hype surrounding him. When he makes mistakes everything is magnified because he's "OJ MAYO". He's just got to mature as a person.. I don't care about stats, and crap.. He's on a new team I believe, he can't do much more than what he does to help win games. He just does what he needs to do, but stat wise he did regress..big deal

14. grizz101

grizz101 BBW Member

lmao, whateverHe got suspended from the other school for 180 days for having some kind of a "confrontation" with a girl from what I heard.He has a bad attitude, and its happened on multiple occasions, not just once, he just got off a suspension for cursing at the refs or some crap

15. HoNgKoNgKoBe

HoNgKoNgKoBe BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizz101 @ Mar 3 2007, 10:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>lmao, whateverHe got suspended from the other school for 180 days for having some kind of a "confrontation" with a girl from what I heard.He has a bad attitude, and its happened on multiple occasions, not just once, he just got off a suspension for cursing at the refs or some crap</div>o wow, sounds like another Ron Artest here soon. Well I certainly do like to see Derrick Rose on top. He's a great quick PG who can pass and shoot just as well as OJ.

16. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

For me it's too early to even guess right now. I can think of a few players but no one really stands out like Greg Oden did coming in as a freshmen. I want to wait till midway through next season before I predict it.

17. bbwSaint Baller

bbwSaint Baller BBW Member

Too early, but if I had to pick right now probably Mayo, though he's the only one I've seen play and he was remakable.

18. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

I'll say Kevin Durant...because he's staying at least 1 more year, lol :dribble:

19. KobeBryant_24

KobeBryant_24 BBW Elite Member

Greg Oden. I think he will stay in school one more year. I will be going first in 2013.

20. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

^Cocky much?