Who would you rather have: Wade V Arenas

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, May 19, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I was having this discussion with my friend at lunch, he thinks Arenas is a top 3 PG in the league, just no one realizes him because he is here in DC. I told I would rather have Wade running the PG on our team (I love Arenas' game, but Wade is just spectacular). Wade is a more complete PG, while Arenas is a combo guard. The Combo guard can be good and bad, it didnt work out this year with Francis in Houston, it just depends on the coaching and the offense that is run. Wade on the other hand looks to pass the ball a lot and looks like a player who is destined for stardom. Wade carried his the heat into the playoffs this year, granted he had a lot of help from Odom, Jones, both Butlers, Haslem, and Alston.

I just wanted some insight on what you guys thought, Arenas is no dud either...if he would of played the full season he would of average 20, 5, and 5. He was second in the league in Triple Doubles with 3.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I think Wade is also pretty much a combo guard as well, maybe not as combo-ish as Arenas, but he is not a true point nonetheless. I'd take Wade for the reasons you mentioned. He has less of an ego and I believe that he is more of a team player. Not to take anything away from Arenas, but Wade is a better player to build around.

3. Captain Quicks

Captain Quicks JBB JustBBall Member

Dwyane Wade is more of a point gaurd than a combo gaurd even though he's been playing at the 2 all his life. He has picture perfect passes like JKidd and can shoot pretty well for a young guy. Gilbert Arenas can also ball and is a triple double threat every night but Wade would rather play team ball than score more than everyone else so i would take wade even though Arenas is a TOP5 PG.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

Arenas and Wade are similar players in that they're both very atheltic, and they are both amazing slashers. They're also the same age, both need to improve their handles, and both not real PG's, but Arenas leaning towards being more of a PG right now.

Wade has less of an ego, but Arenas also needs the right coaching and the right mentoring and he will be on his way to stardom. I think right now Arenas is a step ahead od him because he has mroe experience in the league, and unlike in other situations you can't say Wade because he's younger because Arenas is also extremely young.

As who I would rather have running the team, that's a hard one, Wade doesn't neccesarrily look to pass more, at least not as much as a PG should, but he's not selfish. Arenas at times this year has been selfish, but it would depend on the team, Arenas selfishness resulted from sqaubles with Kwame, and Stackhouse, but Wade fit well in Miami and their were no clashes. If Arenas is in a good situation I'd rather have him running the show.

5. austinstoneman

austinstoneman JBB JustBBall Member

If the Wizards could do it over again, no way in heck they would have signed Arenas. He's selfish and honestly the Wizards played better late last year with Steve Blake at the point.

6. wizardsfan00

wizardsfan00 JBB JustBBall Member

U R crazy for saying the wizards played better with steve blake at point. Arenas is a muchhhh better player then Blake in every category besides passing. steve blake is a good PG...back up PG tho. Arenas is the wizards...now with jamison i can see arenas averagin about 22 points a game. Theres no way i would ever pick blake over arenas.

but i do agree kinda...if someone like hughes got hurt..i would rather move arenas to SG and start blake at point..just cause of the fact that Blake is more of a passer. But regardelss Arenas is a much better player for the wizards

7. Czy_Jojo

Czy_Jojo JBB JustBBall Member

Hold the presses ... how could you say that about Arenas ... i definitely take Arenas over Wade ... and second of all last season well s*cked but it's because of the sole call chemistry that team was suppose to have well wasnt there. We had injuries we had outburst between players ... I've seen arenas at his best and i believe i prefer him over wade. And Steve blake is a better point guard if you are talking about his passing ability and giving the ball to the open man. But he doesnt compare with the atlethicism of Arenas. Wade has still something to show me... Definitely Arenas didnt have a fair shot this past season to be able to pass judgement we would need to wait and see after seeing what arenas can do next season ...

8. adiii

adiii JBB JustBBall Member

both aweseme players, dwayne wade is probably one of the funnest players to watch, arenas is a good player with great stats when healthy. I like wade better, he's my second fav player right now, i wish the bulls got him, but he fits well with the heat and blends nicely with the other heat players. Arenas is better though and with jamison by his side again, the wizards are going to stir up some trouble in the open end east...

I would rather have Wade cuz i like him more (some of his shots against the pacers were breathtaking), but Arenas is the better player right now and would be better for the organization..

9. austinstoneman

austinstoneman JBB JustBBall Member

I never said Blake was more talented than Arenas; that would be retarded. I do continue to believe that the Wizards played better late last year with Blake at the point than Arenas at the point. I think it's clear that Arenas has been a disappointment: he's not a true point guard, he didn't agree with Eddie Jordan's system, he's selfish and shoots way too much. The Wizards would love to trade him.

10. Mr.Fundamentals

Mr.Fundamentals JBB JustBBall Member

Gilbert Arenas has been injury-prone all year and that is what influenced me to say Dwayne Wade. Both guys are very athletic, but Dwayne Wade is also a better penetrator and passer. Gilbert Arenas has the benefit of the jump shot(well....atleast better than Wade), but Wade is just younger and bound to improve even more.

Gilbert Arenas is also a combo guard, which can be kind of tough at times to coach. He is a little too short for the shooting guard position so he has to play the point which BTW is not his natural position. Gilbert Arenas has had his troubles running the team and setting up the offense. In terms of experience, Arenas will take it. He has been in the league a little longer than Wade has, but In 2-3 or 3 years I will definitely chose Wade over Arenas.

11. og15

og15 JBB *********

Wade only played 6 more games than Arenas last season.

Actually I'm pretty sure Arenas is the better passer, and Arenas is only a couple of months older than him, they were both born in 1982.

Wade is also a combo guard, and Arenas actually doesn't want to play anything but the point anymore.

I don't know, Arenas' turnovers were a bother, and though he's a better spot up shooter and has a better shot Wade shoots a higher percentage, and was clutch in the playoffs, I'd go with Wade.

12. HoopsAvenue

HoopsAvenue JBB JustBBall Member

Arenas, no doubt. I think Arenas will be the best PG in the game once he matures a little bit. He's strong, quick, great slasher, good outside shooter, and pretty good passer. He's so athletic and skilled with the ball...he's going to be a superstar. Nothing against Wade, but I'd much rather have Arenas.

13. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

I would much rather have Wade I have never seen anything out of Arenas that would make me think I would want him. Wade has allready proven him self to me in 1 year. I would build around Wade 10,000 times before I would even think about Arenas.

14. eYeKey

eYeKey JBB JustBBall Member

DaAnswer, you said you haven't seen anything out of Arenas. You're a philly fan...right?? Remember when Arenas went off on ya'll like philly played grand canyon d?

15. DaAnswer3

DaAnswer3 JBB JustBBall Member

Way to try to pull me into a flame war but not going to happen just come at us sixers when u get to the nba finals lol late.

16. eYeKey

eYeKey JBB JustBBall Member

It's all love since it's the off season....but I really would prefer to "come at" the sixers in the playoffs. besides, what's so great about getting killed by the lakers?

17. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

when I made this thread I was angry with Arenas for his igotistical and sloppy play and I was in love with Wade's game...but now that I think about it, I would much rather have Arenas...he is going to be a top 3 guard in teh game one day, he can do everything and is committed to point rumors say...i love it.

18. dee still ballin

dee still ballin JBB JustBBall Member

Wade. Hes a beast in MIA, he should have been a serious canadiate for ROY, he lead his team further than LeBron and Carmelo. Even though they lost in the semis Wade and Alston let the heat to about 12 or 13 straight home victorys. So its no question about who I would rather have.

19. Courtking

Courtking Courtking

Wade!,Wade reminds me of a younger version of Arenas only can pass more.......And was drafted top 10.

Check out the link in my signature!

20. method man

method man JBB JustBBall Member

Arenas I guess for me. He has a chance to be a top PG if he can learn how to pass.