Who would you rather have: Wade V Arenas

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, May 19, 2004.

1. CUSA Fan

CUSA Fan JBB JustBBall Member

First off, your friends is wrong about Arenas being a top 3 guard right now. Cassell, Starbury, Kidd, BDiddy, and Nash are ahead of him in my opinion. Maybe one day Arenas might be a top 3 guard since he's still young, but saying he's top 3 right now is not true at all.

Anyways, I'd probably take Wade. Still young, not too selfish, is a good scorer, and does a whole lot. He fit in reallly good in his rookie season for the Heat. Just imagine how good he will do this season. I mean he put up all of those stats in his rookie season. I don't think it was just a fluke, he will only improve. He was overlooked this year because of LeBron and Carmelo. Arenas, sure he's young, but he can get selfish and he did get injured here and there last season I think. To me, Wade is the safe bet.

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Cassell, Starbury, Kidd, BDiddy, and Nash </div>
    I'm a big Arenas fan, but also Andre Miller, Mike Bibby, and Steve Francis though not a real PG (neither is Arenas) are also better than him, but he's a top 10 PG.

3. CUSA Fan

The players you named just makes the kid look even worse for saying Arenas is a top 3 PG. Top 10 yes, Top 5? No. Top 3? Definitely not. Maybe, like I said, in the years to come, but certaintly not now.

4. og15

og15 JBB *********

lol yea I didn't mean to do that, but it's true, Arenas is good, one of my favourite players but he's not a top PG right now. You can even argue for Billups being better than Gil, but yea in a few years he'll be up there, next Triple Double machine.

5. CUSA Fan

lol No it's alright, you were just making a point. I'm just a little curious as to why the kid said Arenas is a top 3 PG. I want to hear his reasoning behind it. And yes I believe so that in a couple years, Arenas will be up there with the top PG's. Right now, he just hasn't done much to show that he's a good PG. I remade my list of Top 10 PG's, he either fits in at #10, or he falls out of the top 10 and comes in at #11.

6. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Well my friend that I was having this convo with is very biased to his fav. players, and I mean very biased...Arenas, Hughes, and T Mac, so when he gets going on them you really have to make a point to change his views.