Who would you trade JRich for?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by jason bourne, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

^^Exactly. He isn't 100% yet, so we can't think about trading him yet. Once he's 100%, he will play much better than he ever has. He guaranteed the playoffs, and by God we are making the playoffs this year. We may have lost 2 games in a row, but once we get our heads straight again, we are a above 500 team. Pau Gasol is injured, so the Grizzles playoff spot will most likely be taken by another team in the west: the Golden State Warriors.

2. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

<div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Pau Gasol is injured, so the Grizzles playoff spot will most likely be taken by another team in the west: the Golden State Warriors.</div>But, New Orleans, Houston, and Utah didn't make the playoffs last year. Assuming at least two of them do this year, who's going to be taking their spots?

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">HiRez Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">But, New Orleans, Houston, and Utah didn't make the playoffs last year. Assuming at least two of them do this year, who's going to be taking their spots?</div>

The Warriors are taking their spots. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. AnimeFANatic

AnimeFANatic JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Carter Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">The Warriors are taking their spots. [​IMG] [​IMG]</div>

Your ultimate dream is to have the Warriors and Nets in the Finals isn't it? [​IMG]

5. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Your ultimate dream is to have the Warriors and Nets in the Finals isn't it? [​IMG]</div>

Hells yeah!

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Everyone is so quick to judge JRich after 10 games it makes me kind of sad. The dude isn't even 100% yet.</div>

We're not judging him... just trading him. And it would be difficult to trade JRich because he's been a career Warrior. OTOH so has Adonal Foyle and most people are ready to trade him.

KG, Paul Pierce, getting Gilbert Arenas back, Ray Allen... those are some intriguing possibilities and a JRich package may be able to get it done.

7. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">We're not judging him... just trading him. And it would be difficult to trade JRich because he's been a career Warrior. OTOH so has Adonal Foyle and most people are ready to trade him.</div>

Yeah but Foyle sucks ass on the court.

8. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah but Foyle sucks ass on the court.</div>

[​IMG]

Seriously, we have to look at JRich and what he has to do for this team to win a championship. JRich and Murphy are signed through 2010/2011 season; Dunleavy through 2011/2012.

In regards to trades, Foyle is pretty much untradeable until his last year. Murphy is difficult to trade as we saw this past off-season. Dunleavy is near impossible because of BYC and then he's similar to Murphy after that unless he improves.

To keep JRich, he has to improve his free throw shooting to around 75% which is very good in the NBA. Second, he has to play better defense. Maybe he can score 25 a game, but he's got to keep his man from scoring the same amount. If you compare the stats to the players we are talking about, then you see the separation (JRich has been hurt this season so there is a bigger difference):

Ray Allen
    Seattle SuperSonics
    Position: G
    Height: 6-5 Weight: 205
    College : Connecticut
    Player file | Team stats
    2006-07 Statistics
    PPG 26.5
    RPG 4.2
    APG 3.3
    SPG 1.54
    BPG .23
    FG% .456
    FT% .901
    3P% .340
    MPG 41.2

Jason Richardson
    Golden State Warriors
    Position: G
    Height: 6-6 Weight: 225
    College : Michigan State
    Player file | Team stats
    2006-07 Statistics
    PPG 14.9
    RPG 4.9
    APG 2.8
    SPG .73
    BPG .09
    FG% .397
    FT% .625
    3P% .358
    MPG 32.2

Allen is the better perimeter shooter and better passer. JRich is the better rebounder and has improved his 3-pt shot, but his free throw shooting hurts him a lot.

Next, you have to look at the team. Baron and AB are signed through 2008/2009 season, but Monta and MPs contracts will be up next season. We have to re-sign Monta at all costs thinking that he is one of the key pieces. The big problem is we have are Foyle's, Murphy's and Dunleavy's contracts. They aren't producing enough. If Dunleavy was signed to a lesser contract, then he wouldn't be too bad. I suspect because of these contracts we won't be able to re-sign MP. Thus, we're stuck with pretty much the same team through the end of Baron's contract and we probably won't be going to the playoffs let alone championships unless we get lucky in the draft lottery.

9. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">I hear what you're saying. JRich played his heart out last night. Still, we need someone who will draw fouls, go to the line and make them. JRich does two out of the three. He needs to make free throws. If he wants to be an all-star, then he needs to do this.</div>

Wait.

Trading J Rich when he's been below par means we get the equal of a below par J Rich. I like Pierce-but he's a couple years older and quiite a bit more $. Figur we wind up adding something significant-costing us elsewhere and that eats up the up in upgrade.[​IMG]

We MIGHT be in position to make a "big" move at deadline--more li8kely at seasons end when Foyle's got 2 yrs left and (I expect) we got guys playing far above their old Montyball level...made some waves in the playoffs..etc.

My feeling is we listen for a bargain,we scout for the one guy who's got talent being wasted. Maybe it ain't big or instant payoff but we also don't risk dealing ourselves out of a future.[​IMG]

Nellie has Pietrus-Biedrens-Baron-Ellis playing way beyond last year. He will get J Rich-Murphy-Ike playing above past levels

10. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">jason voorhees Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">[​IMG]
    Seriously, we have to look at JRich and what he has to do for this team to win a championship.
    </div>

For a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years, I think it's a little too early to be talking about a championship...

11. REREM

Seriously...Ray Allen is 31...he's a 4 yr contract 14.6 million now climbing to a fat 18.7 mill when he's 34. Some rebuild plan that would be.

I can't figure the whole deal of big crisis to give away a few starters to keep Pietrus-but..oh,on the side lets trade for a guy past his peak with a contract of 14 mill or 16 mill or 20 mill or 24 mill....

My math skills are rusty...but if we are worried about the payroll--somebody MORE $ is maybe gonna be a step toward a bigger payroll?

Allen..KG...J O'Neal,Rasheed Wallace? In a couple years J Rich will be a better player and those guys will be slipping a bit--but still megabucks.

12. AnimeFANatic

<div class="quote_poster">REREM Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Seriously...Ray Allen is 31...he's a 4 yr contract 14.6 million now climbing to a fat 18.7 mill when he's 34. Some rebuild plan that would be.

I can't figure the whole deal of big crisis to give away a few starters to keep Pietrus-but..oh,on the side lets trade for a guy past his peak with a contract of 14 mill or 16 mill or 20 mill or 24 mill....

My math skills are rusty...but if we are worried about the payroll--somebody MORE $ is maybe gonna be a step toward a bigger payroll?

Allen..KG...J O'Neal,Rasheed Wallace? In a couple years J Rich will be a better player and those guys will be slipping a bit--but still megabucks.</div>

I agree full heartedly. What the Warriors should focus on is DUMPING dead weight contracts, not trading our heart and soul Jason Richardson. Trading JRich will not bring us below the cap, which is what we should be concerned about. Trading JRich would most likely lead to a even bigger contract the Warriors have to deal with as REREM stated. And to reduce our salary is to trade for expiring contracts. And theres NO WAY we're trading JRich for an expiring contract. I'd rather keep a young and improving JRich than a star who's almost past their prime.

13. REREM

<div class="quote_poster">AnimeFANatic Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">For a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 12 years, I think it's a little too early to be talking about a championship...</div>

In a way...that's a big part of it. I see GSW fans who are so impatient they are focusing on ideas to get a shortcut to "pretty good" short term,but at the expense of pushing further-all the way up.
    Here at JBB-it's something I see-over at Real GM it's almost a feeding frenzy....several deals had us get KG-Hudson-Madsen,but we give Jason-Ike-POB-Troy-Zarko and a pick. That leaves Foyle at backup C,Dun at backup everything else and a total 5 walk on on the team. Our bench also has 4 bad contracts for 3-5 years. It's insane. You can't get through the season AND playoffs with NO bench...especially running.

We have a young team and players are improving a bunch with Nellie. We got another batch of players who due to injuries have not taken off--yet. Since those guys are 26 or younger-we got some time. We can build up respect,value,talent-in what is here,and that can go far. Other teams have guys ageing,guys bolting as a contract ends-we pretty much just go up naturally. As we turn a guy into an asset worth 50% more than he is today---maybe we deal him for a good young player we can improve. Maybe for a role player who fills a need-but also a pick to bring future talent. We aim to get better this year..and next..and every year

Yeah,there are guys who need better D,better FT shooting-this and that..but we can't AFFORD a whole team of perfect players. Fix what can be fixed and let Nellie work around the rest. This can evolve into a top contender IF we don't do a " blockbuster" that backfires.[​IMG]

14. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

If you want to make a fair comparison between Allen and Richardson, shouldn't you compare last year's stats, when Richardson was actually healthy? For last year...

Allen: 25.1 pts / 45.4% FG / 41.2% 3 pts / 90.3% FT / 4.2 reb / 3.7 ast / 1.3 stl

Richardson: 23.2 pts / 44.6% FG / 38.4% 3 pts / 67.3% FT / 5.8 reb / 3.1 ast / 1.3 stl

Indeed Allen is better shooter and better player overall. However, besides FT, their % isn't all that different. And, Richardson is one of the best rebounder for guards, and for a team that struggles to rebound, we need all rebounds we can get.

For age aspect, Allen is 31 years old and Richardson is 26 years old. Allen probably has two excellent years left, and Richardson just entered his prime. It's no brainer.

For contract aspect, Allen's contract goes till 09/10 season with roughly 17 mils per year. Richardson's contract goes till 10/11 season with roughly 12 mils per year. Richardson has one more year on his contract, but it's 5 mils cheaper. For a team that's suffering from the financial problem, having Richardson's contract is better. Also, there is no question that we need to dump some salaries, if we wish to resign Biedrins and Ellis. If so, it's much easier to dump Richardson's 12 mils contract than Allen's 17 mils contract, because Richardson is younger, gives similar product and have cheaper contract. Again, for financial reason, it's better to have Richardson than Allen.

This team is not going anywhere for a while, and if you consider the future, it's much better to have Richardson than Allen.

Seriously, if we are going for bigs like KG for Richardson, I can see the merit. However, if we are exchanging swingman for swingman, there aren't really a reason to trade Richardson. Allen is a better player now, but he is more expensive and older. Pierce is also a better player now, but he is again more expensive and older. And, it will take a lot more than Richardson to get Pierce anyway, so it's not much of an upgrade to begin with. There aren't too many swingman, who can do what Richardson do for 12 mils tag. And, if there are, they are usually untradable anyway. And, if we are trying to trade Richardson purely based on first 12 games and Monta, I will bring last 5 years of what Richardson did to counter that argument...

15. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Well, Jermaine O'neal (1978) is only 3 years older than JRich (1981) so it's not like he'll be an old fogie when JRich enters his "prime." It's hard -- I'm on both sides of the fence.

I love JRich's work ethic and heart and all that he's done for this team. There are very few trade deals I'd consider with him.

But one deal I would consider is for JO. Because GS needs some toughness, rebounding and scoring inside and --dude--JO is the man. Check out his last 3 games:

Nov 22 @ ORL 23 pts, 11 reb

Nov 21 vs. MIL 26 pts, 13 reb, 2 blk

Nov 18 @ MIL 20 pts, 12 reb, 4 ast, 8 blk

8 blocks against MIL! A tandem of JO and Beans would be awesome. It works in several respects, because we have players who can take up the slack at SG (remember GS has been winning without JRich by running with Monta and Roberson and moving Barnes to 3/4 so Pietrus/Dun can play some SG). Also, with JO at the PF Murphy becomes moveable.

So, something like JRich/Murphy for JO/filler works for me. It's a gamble, and JRich has been a real champion in GS, but this trade would give the Warriors a legit scoring all-star at PF to compliment Baron Davis. And Monta could very well take the reins from JRich and become a star SG.

Plus, remember, this is all fun talk, and if JRich remains a Warrior for life I'll be thrilled. He's awesome. I'm just saying that's one trade I'd seriously consider.

16. jason bourne

Law enforcement
    <div class="quote_poster">AlleyOop Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">Well, Jermaine O'neal (1978) is only 3 years older than JRich (1981) so it's not like he'll be an old fogie when JRich enters his "prime." It's hard -- I'm on both sides of the fence.

I love JRich's work ethic and heart and all that he's done for this team. There are very few trade deals I'd consider with him.

But one deal I would consider is for JO. Because GS needs some toughness, rebounding and scoring inside and --dude--JO is the man. Check out his last 3 games:

Nov 22 @ ORL 23 pts, 11 reb

Nov 21 vs. MIL 26 pts, 13 reb, 2 blk

Nov 18 @ MIL 20 pts, 12 reb, 4 ast, 8 blk

8 blocks against MIL! A tandem of JO and Beans would be awesome. It works in several respects, because we have players who can take up the slack at SG (remember GS has been winning without JRich by running with Monta and Roberson and moving Barnes to 3/4 so Pietrus/Dun can play some SG). Also, with JO at the PF Murphy becomes moveable.

So, something like JRich/Murphy for JO/filler works for me. It's a gamble, and JRich has been a real champion in GS, but this trade would give the Warriors a legit scoring all-star at PF to compliment Baron Davis. And Monta could very well take the reins from JRich and become a star SG.

Plus, remember, this is all fun talk, and if JRich remains a Warrior for life I'll be thrilled. He's awesome. I'm just saying that's one trade I'd seriously consider.</div>

Yeah, this is just fun talk. At least it will stretch our minds a little.

Here's one possible deal that works on realgm. We may have to take some Indy cr*p back and give up a young player:
    Golden State Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jason Richardson
    6-6 SG from Michigan State
    23.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    14.0 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.0 minutes

Zarko Cabarkapa
    6-11 PF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
    3.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.4 minutes

Ike Diogu
    6-8 PF from Arizona State
    7.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.0 minutes

Incoming
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes
    Change in team outlook: -11.0 ppg, -7.8 rpg, and +0.2 apg.

Indiana Trade Breakdown
    Outgoing
    Jermaine O'Neal
    6-11 PF from Eau Claire (HS)
    20.1 ppg, 9.3 rpg, 2.6 apg in 35.3 minutes

Stephen Jackson
    6-8 SG from Oak Hill Academy (HS)
    16.4 ppg, 3.9 rpg, 2.8 apg in 35.9 minutes

Incoming
    Jason Richardson
    6-6 SG from Michigan State
    23.2 ppg, 5.8 rpg, 3.1 apg in 38.4 minutes

Troy Murphy
    6-11 PF from Notre Dame
    14.0 ppg, 10.0 rpg, 1.4 apg in 34.0 minutes

Zarko Cabarkapa
    6-11 PF from Serbia-Montenegro (Foreign)
    3.3 ppg, 1.9 rpg, 0.3 apg in 8.4 minutes

Ike Diogu
    6-8 PF from Arizona State
    7.0 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 0.4 apg in 15.0 minutes
    Change in team outlook: +11.0 ppg, +7.8 rpg, and -0.2 apg.

Successful Scenario
    Due to Golden State and Indiana being over the cap, the 25% trade rule is invoked. Golden State and Indiana had to be no more than 125% plus $100,000 of the salary given out for the trade to be accepted, which did happen here. This trade satisfies the provisions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.

JO would be a great pick up! He would be like what a healthy Amare gives the Suns. Just think of this lineup:
    PG: Monta, Baron
    SG: Baron, MP, Jackson
    SF: Dun
    C: AB
    PF: Jermaine

Bench: Roberson, Barnes, POB, Foyle

This would definitely be a playoff team and we could challenge for the championship in the three years Jermaine is signed.

Indy:
    PG: Tinsley, Jasikevicius
    SG: JRich
    SF: Harrington, Granger
    PF: Murphy, Ike
    C: Foster

I'm not sure Indy goes for it though.

17. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

I have to agree with AlleyOop, J. O'Neal is one of the few players I'd consider trading JRich for. However, Kwan, I'm not advocating "dumping" JRich. I certainly want him on the team, but you always must consider special circumstances. I don't necessarily agree that the Warriors are not going anywhere soon, because now with Nellie solidifying the coaching aspect, I think talentwise they are just below playoff threshold in the west, and one dominating interior player such as JO could easily push them the few games needed to get into the playoffs.

The thing is, JRich's numbers are pretty easy to replace. His primary attribute is scoring, and when healthy he does that very well. But this team has plenty of other scorers who could fill that void, including a potential JO. Monta, Baron, MP, Dun, Murph, Ike are all capable of going for 20+ on any night, some of them with regularily. If Ike were to get 30 minutes or so a game, he could easily score 20+. And I believe Andris could be more of a scorer if he really wanted to, it's just that it's not needed from him right now.

So I believe JRich's scoring can be replaced, at least to a large extent. But the big thing is his defense. He has never been, and IMO will never be, a good defensive player. The Warriors new team zone defense has kickstarted a lot of their runs early this year, and JRich has struggled defensively in that system. As Jason V. pointed out, what good is scoring if the guy he's guarding is allowed to go off for big numbers as well? It negates all the good things and you have something of an empty spot on the floor which cancels itself out.

Now after having said that, I still really like JRich, and in any case we need to let him get healthy first before any serious trade evaluation.

18. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

When I said we are not going anywhere, I meant to say we are not going to challenge for a championship. For making PO, we are pretty close to it. Maybe not this year with insane Western conference, but definitely next year. Also, I am the last person who would like to 'dump' Richardson for expiring contract. However, we do need to dump some contracts in order to resign Monta and Biedrins, and we have pretty unattractive contracts such as Foyle, Dunleavy and Murphy to certain extent. If we get desperate and must get rid of some contracts, Richardson may be 'sacrificed' for quick exit. But, we would love to dump something other than Richardson in two years to resign Monta and Biedrins.

And again, let's not judge Richardson based on his last 12 games. The reasons why he struggled both offensively and defensively have to do with his injury and inability to attend training camp. When he is healthy and still can't adjust, we may have a case. But, now is not the right time.

As I mentioned before, I am not that against trading Richardson for bigs. And, it seems like KG will be on the market pretty soon. J' O'neal? Well, he may not be a superstar like KG, but he is on the level of Davis, so we can definitely live with him. But, why would Pacers want to trade him? I just don't see any good reason for Pacers to swap O'neal and Jackson for Richardson and Murphy. It doesn't improve the team nor dramatically make them worse for a picks and provide a financial relief. It would take a lot more sweetner to make the deal such as Diogu and this year's pick.

Also, another thing to consider is that we really need to collect contracts, which is 2 years or shorter. Because, that's when we need to resign Biedrins and Monta.

I disagree with Richardson's production aspect. First, we are putting way too much trust that our youngstars will be as good as Richardson in no time. One of the reasons why they are doing so well is because other teams didn't make adjustments on them, and they focus on stopping Davis and Richardson, so that young players can benefit from that. They may or may not overcome the barrier in no time. However, I will wait until they prove themselves, and we do not need to trade Richardson immidiately either. Second, it's not Jamison-Dunleavy case where Jamison's existance would prevent Dunleavy's production. Because Nelson is flexible, players like Monta or Biedrins received as much mins as they could receive while Richardson averaged 32 mins, and they will continuously produce what they can whether we have Richardson or not. In other word, if we lose Richardson, we lose 20+ ppg - whatever we receive in return. Third, I strongly disagree with the idea that Richardson's defense is somehow Dunleavy-like. He is not a shut down defender by any stretch of imagination. However, he is also not a horrible defender, who should be leveled as 'he allows as much pts as he produces'. Really, how many elite guards has a reputation of 'shut down defender' as they produce 20 ppg? Maybe Kobe. But, Houston fans are complaining defense on McGrady, Seattle fans with Allen, Boston fans with Pierce, Nets fans with Carter... The list goes on. Fourth, as far as I know, Richardson has been one of league leadinig scorer in 4th quarter. And, this team has problem scoring in 4th quarter. We do need to add players who can score in 4th quarter, not remove it...

19. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Kwan1031 Wrote</div><div class="quote_post">If you want to make a fair comparison between Allen and Richardson, shouldn't you compare last year's stats, when Richardson was actually healthy? For last year...

Allen: 25.1 pts / 45.4% FG / 41.2% 3 pts / 90.3% FT / 4.2 reb / 3.7 ast / 1.3 stl

Richardson: 23.2 pts / 44.6% FG / 38.4% 3 pts / 67.3% FT / 5.8 reb / 3.1 ast / 1.3 stl

Indeed Allen is better shooter and better player overall. However, besides FT, their % isn't all that different. And, Richardson is one of the best rebounder for guards, and for a team that struggles to rebound, we need all rebounds we can get.

For age aspect, Allen is 31 years old and Richardson is 26 years old. Allen probably has two excellent years left, and Richardson just entered his prime. It's no brainer.

For contract aspect, Allen's contract goes till 09/10 season with roughly 17 mils per year. Richardson's contract goes till 10/11 season with roughly 12 mils per year. Richardson has one more year on his contract, but it's 5 mils cheaper. For a team that's suffering from the financial problem, having Richardson's contract is better. Also, there is no question that we need to dump some salaries, if we wish to resign Biedrins and Ellis. If so, it's much easier to dump Richardson's 12 mils contract than Allen's 17 mils contract, because Richardson is younger, gives similar product and have cheaper contract. Again, for financial reason, it's better to have Richardson than Allen.

This team is not going anywhere for a while, and if you consider the future, it's much better to have Richardson than Allen.

Seriously, if we are going for bigs like KG for Richardson, I can see the merit. However, if we are exchanging swingman for swingman, there aren't really a reason to trade Richardson. Allen is a better player now, but he is more expensive and older. Pierce is also a better player now, but he is again more expensive and older. And, it will take a lot more than Richardson to get Pierce anyway, so it's not much of an upgrade to begin with. There aren't too many swingman, who can do what Richardson do for 12 mils tag. And, if there are, they are usually untradable anyway. And, if we are trying to trade Richardson purely based on first 12 games and Monta, I will bring last 5 years of what Richardson did to counter that argument...</div>

This is a great post, I totally agree. When they're both healthy JR is about equal to Allen. Allen is the better shooter (JR isn't bad though) and FT shooter but J-Rich is a much better rebounder and probably has the best post game of any SG in the league. If JR can get his FT% up to above 75% he'd be much more valuable than than Allen for the reasons Kwan listed (younger, cheaper, etc.)

20. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Well, my reasoning is that basically JO gets paid 18 mils per year and the combined contracts of JRich + Murph = roughly 18 mils per year. So it's basically JRich+Murph for JO/scrub.

Thus, the reasoning is the Pacers take one star player and divide the $$ between two lower-tier players. That's a good thing because you can then move one contract and keep the other, for instance, or if one gets injured you don't have $18 mils on the injured reserve; you only have $9 mils.

That's why I like the Fisher trade, because we liquidated a fat contract for 3 short deals. Keep one guy (McCleod), move the other two, save some dough, etc.

I am definately not advocating something like getting Stephen Jackson. Frankly IMO that dude is a street thug, and if you take a close look at the tape he was just as much responsible for the Detroit/Indy brawl as Artest, trying to raise-up and scrap like some ghetto homey.

No, I wouldn't go for Jackson, but instead lure Indy into doing basically a 2-for-1. Even then, it's a gamble for both parties, but interesting nonetheless.