Who Would You Trade Vince For?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by norespect, Nov 26, 2003.

1. jbbSkip

jbbSkip JBB JustBBall Member

LeBron over Vince?

HELL YA!!!

Ok, the ONLY players I would trade Vince for is:

LeBron
    Kobe
    Tracy
    Duncan
    and
    Garnett

... and none of those options are possible so... Vince's untradable for now, no point arguin.

2. jbbVictor

jbbVictor JBB JustBBall Member

nowitzki, ginobili, francis, jermaine o'neal, marion, james are not better than Carter

and chungster, the thread is about who would you trade Carter for and not who is better than Carter. It is a tempting way to answer the question but i definitely don't think James would make the Raptors better than Carter, at least not for now.

3. bentalldayeveryday

bentalldayeveryday JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    and chungster, the thread is about who would you trade Carter for and not who is better than Carter. It is a tempting way to answer the question but i definitely don't think James would make the Raptors better than Carter, at least not for now.</div>
    When did I ever say Carter was inferior to another player? I was saying how it's crazy to think you wouldn't trade Carter for James, or prefer Carter over James.

Carter is currently better than James. But you should realize that James might possibly become one of the greatest players of all time and he has already shown glimpses in his rookie season at age 19, while Carter at 27, is possibly on a decline in his career. I don't know what's up with you, but I bet 10 out of 10 times, anyone would agree to trade Carter for James.

4. Kaillou

Kaillou JBB JustBBall Member

Some of y'all have a serious case of homerism. Those guys may not be as talented as Carter, but they're sure as hell are playing better than Carter. I mean, no Ginobili, but Marion, Nowitzki, and O'Neal are all better than Carter at this point in time. LeBron isnt far behind, either.

5. Holymoly

Holymoly JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">There are at least 23 players I would take ahead of Vince Carter. Here's a breakdown by position.

Centers
    --------
    Shaq O'Neal
    Tim Duncan
    Yao Ming
    Jermaine O'neal
    Eddy Curry

Power Forwards
    --------
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Amare Stoudamire
    Ben Wallace
    Chris Webber

Small Forwards
    --------
    Ron Artest
    LeBron James
    Shawn Marion
    Rasheed Wallace

Shooting Guards
    --------
    Kobe Bryant
    Paul Pierce
    Allen Iverson
    Tracy McGrady
    Manu Ginobilli

Point Guards
    --------
    Jason Kidd
    Stephon Marbury
    Steve Francis
    Gilbert Arenas</div>

<strike>.....WTF JASON KIDD, MARBURY, FRANCIS, GINOBLI, ...AND WTF CURRY??? STOP SMOKING WEED!</strike>

<font color="Red">Please read our guidelines about spam, vulgarity, and personal insults before posting again. You have been warned.

~ Wave ~
    </font>

6. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

my proposed trade involving vince; vince and lamond murray to the twolves for wally world, the kandi man and troy hudson

starters
    Michael Olowokandi &copy;
    cb4 (pf)
    Wally Szczerbiak (sf)
    jalen rose (sg)
    troy hudson (pg)

bench
    devin harris? (pg)
    donyell marshall (pf)
    alvin williams (combo guard)
    free agent pickup like possibly etan thomas [​IMG]

7. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">my proposed trade involving vince; vince and lamond murray to the twolves for wally world, the kandi man and troy hudson

starters
    cb4 (pf)
    Wally Szczerbiak (sf)
    jalen rose (sg)
    troy hudson (pg)

bench
    devin harris? (pg)
    donyell marshall (pf)
    free agent pickup like possibly etan thomas [​IMG]</div>

no way man...that team would be worse then our current team. Olowokandi is slow, always injured and just another big man that's never going to reach his supposed potential. Troy Hudson has had one good season so i'm not convinced about him. Wally is a very good spot up shooter but can't create his own shot and has benefitted greatly from Garnett and the double teams he gets. Wally's numbers will not nearly be as good on a team without a star to take attention of the opposing defence.

This could never happen anyways, salaries don't match and neither would Minny agree to it

8. Gotrunks226

Gotrunks226 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">my proposed trade involving vince; vince and lamond murray to the twolves for wally world, the kandi man and troy hudson

starters
    cb4 (pf)
    Wally Szczerbiak (sf)
    jalen rose (sg)
    troy hudson (pg)

bench
    devin harris? (pg)
    donyell marshall (pf)
    free agent pickup like possibly etan thomas [​IMG]</div>

Why would u want Injury Prone players in Wally/Kandi and Hudson starting on your team?

9. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gotrunks226:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would u want Injury Prone players in Wally/Kandi and Hudson starting on your team?</div>

thats what i was concerned about all three are coming off injury years which i think forced them to missed more than half of the schedule. the kandi man is the wildcard if he can ever regain the form he had in is contract year he would be a force in the east, the other two i think are constants. if all can regain their form the trade would be advantageous for the raptors; if not, we would be on the losing side. everything i think the raptors do from now on should be predicated on cb4, i think he's going to a top five power forward in three years. if so we need to surround him with the right dudes to make a legit title run three years from now.

10. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Eclipse:</div><div class="quote_post">no way man...that team would be worse then our current team. Olowokandi is slow, always injured and just another big man that's never going to reach his supposed potential. Troy Hudson has had one good season so i'm not convinced about him. Wally is a very good spot up shooter but can't create his own shot and has benefitted greatly from Garnett and the double teams he gets. Wally's numbers will not nearly be as good on a team without a star to take attention of the opposing defence.

This could never happen anyways, salaries don't match and neither would Minny agree to it</div>

Olowokandi isn't slow, he was a track star and played soccer, and is probably faster than every player on the Raptors roster. He's like Nene in quickness and speed, so definately not slow.

I also wouldn't accept the trade because we get 3 guys that have been battling injuries, and we really don't make improvements.

11. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Olowokandi isn't slow, he was a track star and played soccer, and is probably faster than every player on the Raptors roster. He's like Nene in quickness and speed, so definately not slow.

</div>

cept that was before all his knee injuries. watch him play man, he doesnt run the floor well at all

id love to have hudson a raptor though...we should really make a strong move for him

12. GANGTA_BALLER

GANGTA_BALLER JBB JustBBall Member

I Agree Carter Is Too Old. He Might Have Been Really Good In His First Few Years But Now He Just Gets Knocked Around. I Would Probaly Trade Him In For A Few Not So Good Players Anyways

13. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GANGTA_BALLER:</div><div class="quote_post">I Agree Carter Is Too Old. He Might Have Been Really Good In His First Few Years But Now He Just Gets Knocked Around. I Would Probaly Trade Him In For A Few Not So Good Players Anyways</div>

lol..he's 27 yrs old, and avg's 22, 5 and 5...he's also aguably the most popular player in the nba, so he's going to fill seats. you'd trade that in for "a few not so good players" ??? i guess its a good thing your not the gm of any nba teams.

ps. how many raptor games did you see last year? i dont remember him getting "knocked around" any more then iverson, t-mac, pierce...any other player at his position.

14. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Gotrunks226:</div><div class="quote_post">Why would u want Injury Prone players in Wally/Kandi and Hudson starting on your team?</div>

Vince is just as injury prone if not more injury prone than those two. I don't like the trade but not because Walli and Kandi get injured a lot.

15. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

Are there any Raptor fans that want to change their mind on this? After reading through this it seems to me that most Raptor fans are just Vince fans who dillusionally think that he is a top 10 NBA player. I like him and think he's a great scorer, but he's no Kobe or Tmac. If you could trade Vince and the 8th pick for Corey Maggette, Kenyon Dooling, and the second pick? I was just playing with the trade checker and this worked, so I wnated to know if Raptors fans still considered Vince untradable.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

Keyon Dooling is a restricted FA, so you can't trade for him, Corey Maggette who I'm a big fan of is just as injury prone as Carter, but his injuries are not neccesarily chronic ones. Maggette, Ely and the Second pick for Carter and the 8th pick wouldn't be a bad trade though, but the thing is that Carter is more valuable than his production, he's also a guy that will get you (the team) money.

Stop being a hater :P , no one said he was untradeable, only stupid people said that, but to say you'd trade him for Ginobili, Eddy Curry, Arenas <font size="1">(hmm)</font>, Rasheed <font size="1">(not that he's bad)</font>, guys like that is dumb too. Then Marbury and Francis wouldn't profit you anything. AI and Webber, aren't an upgrade and are just as or even more injury prone that Carter, and also older. Ben Wallce is adding defense and boards by subtracting a lot of scoring and playmaking, and he's not too young right now.

Pierce, I wouldn't mind, he's been dissapointing me the last few years though [​IMG], Marion I'd do, he's just sick, but the monetary value might be the problem there.
    Kidd I would if he was younger, but he's being affected by injuries too now.

Then their's the ones you'd have to put thought into, Artest, JO <font size="1">(he dissapoints me but you don't trade a big for a small)</font>, Dirk <font size="1">(I dunno)</font>,

Then their's the ones you wouldn't even think of if a team offered, KG, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe, Lebron <font size="1">(he's young man)</font>, Amare <font size="1">(young too)</font>, Yao, Tmac <font size="1">(likely)</font>.

I mean seriously if you went to the thread and look at all the proposed trades, most of them are really bad:

First their were the people saying all he could do is dunk which anyone who's ever watched the guy play would know that's not even slightly true.
    Shapecity was on the right track, but <font size="1">Eddy Curry, Webber, Ben Wallace, Rasheed Wallace, Iverson (no way), Ginobili???, Francis, Artest and Arenas </font> shouldn't have been in his list. Marbury can be in the list, but he's not an upgrade, and Kidd would be way high on the list without age and injuries.

The their was trading him for Glenn Robinson. <font size="1">(Nope)</font>

Then their were people bringing things out of nowhere like Vince isn't MJ???

Then getting rid of Carter and Rose so we could get Nash??? <font size="1">(Alright)</font>

Then the worst of all, Carter and Bosh for Kandi and Minnesotta's 05 first round pick which would be high 20th pick. <font size="1">(Never)</font>

Carter for Shareef and Dale Davis, and Carter for Dale Davis and Darius Miles? <font size="1">(First one is slightly reasonable but still would'nt go, but second should not even be thought of)</font>

Artest and Harrington for Vince, too much given away by the Pacers in that one.

Vince and Donyell for Artest and Harrington, reasonable, but this time too much from the Raptors.

Vince Carter, Morris Peterson and Donyell Marshall for Shawn Marion, Joe Johnson, Leandro Barbosa, and Maciej Lampe. (That would be great for us, not the Suns, but Impossible)

Vince and Lammond for Kandi, Hudson and Wally, seems reasonable, but is it really worth it, it seems more like it would make the team worse and profit Minny a lot.

17. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Vince is just as injury prone if not more injury prone than those two. I don't like the trade but not because Walli and Kandi get injured a lot.</div>

its not a far strech to assume that vince's injury days are behind him. he only missed 9 games this season, which is a whole lot less then kandi, and a whole lot less then a lot of other players who arent considered injury prone. everyone seems to forget, vince only had 2 injury plaged seasons...hes played just as much as anyone aside from those 2 bad seasons. if he plays this season comming up without missing many games, id say his injury days are behind him.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Are there any Raptor fans that want to change their mind on this? After reading through this it seems to me that most Raptor fans are just Vince fans who dillusionally think that he is a top 10 NBA player. I like him and think he's a great scorer, but he's no Kobe or Tmac. If you could trade Vince and the 8th pick for Corey Maggette, Kenyon Dooling, and the second pick? I was just playing with the trade checker and this worked, so I wnated to know if Raptors fans still considered Vince untradable.</div>

thats the worst generalization. i hear it all the time...but mostly from people on this board who dont even live in toronto, and make that assumption based on some of the members of this board. there are so many raptor fans who arent just biased vince lovers...obviously some 15 yr old kid, who just started liking bball a couple years ago because his home team has vince carter, isnt going to have educated opinions on bball...dont generalize entire fan communities just because of that. yes, hes no kobe or t-mac...hes pretty good though.

on subject, vince's value to toronto is more important then his stats. a trade for maggette and keyon and a 2nd rounder is a great deal, however vince fills seats. he likes playing in toronto and the people love him. he's arguably the most popular player in the league...so having him in toronto is good for the city and the money. thats what puts his trade value high.

18. GANGTA_BALLER

GANGTA_BALLER JBB JustBBall Member

Carter Is Popular In Toronto I Agree But Do U Think He Can Last For A Few More Seasons

19. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GANGTA_BALLER:</div><div class="quote_post">Carter Is Popular In Toronto I Agree But Do U Think He Can Last For A Few More Seasons</div>

Why wouldn't he be able to? It's not like he ever gets hit because he never drives to the basket anyways :mrgreen:

He still has quite a few more good season in him yet, his knee problems aren't degenerate so it won't get worse, he just needs to rest it

20. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GANGTA_BALLER:</div><div class="quote_post">Carter Is Popular In Toronto I Agree But Do U Think He Can Last For A Few More Seasons</div>

I think he can last for 8 more seasons. And Typing Like This Is Very Annoying.

Vince Had a 20 5 5 season, what more do you want? a 50 30 30 season? I dont know what most of you people think Vince Carter is, he only missed nine games this season because of Bruce Bowen sticking his foot out while Vince was shooting, if it wasn't for that he would have probably had a perfect season and got the Raptors to the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't trade Vince for Artest (can't lead a team, he isn't a leader more of a very good role player) Niether would I trade him for Pau, Ming (he should be much better for a guy his size, range, and passing skills, we'll see how he really is once Francis leaves).

Vince for Francis- Nope
    Vince for Gilbert- Nope
    Vince for AI- Nope
    Vince for Pierce- Nope
    Vince for Rasheed- Hell No
    Vince for Marion- Yup
    Vince for Nash- Nope
    Vince for Eddy Curry- Nope
    Vince for Kidd- Nope too old
    Vince for Ben- Hell No, we can't get rid of all of our offence for defence
    Vince for Marbury- Maybe
    Vince for Lebron- Yup, not saying Lebron is better but he is going to be