Who Would You Trade Vince For?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by norespect, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Premium

Premium JBB I'm kind of a big deal

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting GANGTA_BALLER:</div><div class="quote_post">Carter Is Popular In Toronto I Agree But Do U Think He Can Last For A Few More Seasons</div>

absolutely...i dont know where you get this idea, that hes some brittle old man...hes only 27. he's spending the summer strength training and letting his injuries heal up completely...watch out for vince of 04-05

2. Eclipse

Eclipse JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AirJordan:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Vince for Francis- Nope
    Vince for Gilbert- Nope
    Vince for AI- Nope
    Vince for Pierce- Nope
    Vince for Rasheed- Hell No
    Vince for Marion- Yup
    Vince for Nash- Nope
    Vince for Eddy Curry- Nope
    Vince for Kidd- Nope too old
    Vince for Ben- Hell No, we can't get rid of all of our offence for defence
    Vince for Marbury- Maybe
    Vince for Lebron- Yup, not saying Lebron is better but he is going to be
    Vince for Manu- HELL NO!!!
    </div>

agree completely

BTW: to whoever said that "that most Raptor fans are just Vince fans who dillusionally think that he is a top 10 NBA player" - there are just as many people who overestimate Carter's abilities as there are who underestimate him.

I'm getting tired of people who think he's some mediocre player. He gets more criticism than players like Keith Van Horn or Tim Thomas who make the same amount of money that Carter does but produce far less. It's not Carter's fault that he is overhyped, it's the media's fault for calling him the "next Michael Jordan". The media is always hyping someone up and then criticizing them when they fail to make their unrealistic expectations.

He might not be a top 10 player but he's close to top 15 and a prennial all-star. I would say top 15 in the whole NBA, composed of the best players in the world, is damn good.

3. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AirJordan:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he can last for 8 more seasons. And Typing Like This Is Very Annoying.

Vince Had a 20 5 5 season, what more do you want? a 50 30 30 season? I dont know what most of you people think Vince Carter is, he only missed nine games this season because of Bruce Bowen sticking his foot out while Vince was shooting, if it wasn't for that he would have probably had a perfect season and got the Raptors to the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't trade Vince for Artest (can't lead a team, he isn't a leader more of a very good role player) Niether would I trade him for Pau, Ming (he should be much better for a guy his size, range, and passing skills, we'll see how he really is once Francis leaves).

Vince for Francis- Nope
    Vince for Gilbert- Nope
    Vince for AI- Nope
    Vince for Pierce- Nope
    Vince for Marion- Yup
    Vince for Nash- Nope
    Vince for Marbury- Maybe
    [​IMG]</div>

Yup basically what I was saying, Marion and Lebron I would do, the others no, Kidd only because of age, and Marbury I would think of but he won't win us more games than Vince would. Manu, Ben, Eddy Curry, Nash and Rasheed, you wouldn't even think of. AI also because of his injuries and age you wouldn't think of.
    Marion might annoy us a little though because he aviods contact a lot, he always tries to use his athleticism to avoid contact and doesn't get to the line, but he's amazing.

4. bjschmitty6

bjschmitty6 JBB JustBBall Member

Yeah i would trade Vince for some like Lebron, KG, Duncan, and, Tmac....but the Raptors could be the best in the NBA if McGrady hadn't left...now look the Raptors and Magic are both teams that suck

5. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AirJordan:</div><div class="quote_post">I think he can last for 8 more seasons. And Typing Like This Is Very Annoying.

Vince Had a 20 5 5 season, what more do you want? a 50 30 30 season? I dont know what most of you people think Vince Carter is, he only missed nine games this season because of Bruce Bowen sticking his foot out while Vince was shooting, if it wasn't for that he would have probably had a perfect season and got the Raptors to the playoffs. Right now I wouldn't trade Vince for Artest (can't lead a team, he isn't a leader more of a very good role player) Niether would I trade him for Pau, Ming (he should be much better for a guy his size, range, and passing skills, we'll see how he really is once Francis leaves).

Vince for Francis- Nope
    Vince for Gilbert- Nope
    Vince for AI- Nope
    Vince for Pierce- Nope
    Vince for Marion- Yup
    Vince for Nash- Nope
    Vince for Marbury- Maybe
    [​IMG]</div>

well, i agree with that list, cept for pierce or iverson...i think trading vince for a former mvp is a no-brainer. the only reason i wouldnt trade for either of them, is if they DIDNT want to play in toronto. vince has commited to the team and the city, and thats another reason he's valuable to the team...we know he's not bolting anywhere on his own accord

i agree with eclipse as well...vince is most certainly among the top 15. top ten is hard to crack, but the top 15, he's in for sure

6. og15

og15 JBB *********

No way I'd do Vince for Iverson, Iverson is slowed down, former is the keyword in him being an MVP. He's never been a high percentage shooting guy, and now he's just getting more and more injury prone, and with his game relying so much on being the fastest player in the L, he's not going to be as succesful. Definately not worth Vince right now due to being slightly older, and his injuries.

7. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

i think the deal suggested by me improves the raptor depth, something that they are lacking. lets assume they get childress in the draft here is the rotation.

starters
    kandi &copy;
    cb4 (pf)
    wally (sf)
    jalen (sg)
    steve nash (okay, if everything works out)

bench
    marshall (pf)
    childress (sf)
    hudson (pg)
    alvin

og15 are u telling that this team isn't a better team than the 2003 edition?

8. og15

og15 JBB *********

What about if we signed Mark Blount and Steve Nash like you said, and draft Devin Harris? Then we still have a major go-to-guy, and the team is better.

<u>Starters:</u>
    Mark Blount
    Chris Bosh
    Vince Carter
    Jalen Rose
    Steve Nash

<u>Bench:</u>
    Donyell Marshall
    Devin Harris
    Alvin Williams
    Adonal Foyle?
    another FA

which team is better? Also in your proposition you never said Nash would suddenly be on the team, you had Hudson as the starter.

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Timberwolves backup PG Troy Hudson is likely to opt out of the last year of his contract, a strange decision for a player who sat out much of the year with a recurring ankle injury. If he opts out, he'll be leaving $2.5 million on the table, and the T-wolves will be relieved. Teammates weren't happy Hudson didn't suit up for the playoffs, especially while they watched starting PG Sam Cassell fight through a back injury. As a free agent, Hudson probably wouldn't get much more than the $2.8 million he is scheduled to make, but he could get a longer-term contract. . . .</div>
    Link

9. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">No way I'd do Vince for Iverson, Iverson is slowed down, former is the keyword in him being an MVP. He's never been a high percentage shooting guy, and now he's just getting more and more injury prone, and with his game relying so much on being the fastest player in the L, he's not going to be as succesful. Definately not worth Vince right now due to being slightly older, and his injuries.</div>

everyone is so quick to dismiss a player after a season of injuries. it happend to vince, and now its happening to iverson. vince has only had 2 bad seasons of injury, and now everyone calls him "injury prone". iverson played in every single game last season, this year was his worst year ever. i doubt next season will be as riddled with injury as this one was. we'll have to see

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">i think the deal suggested by me improves the raptor depth, something that they are lacking. lets assume they get childress in the draft here is the rotation.

starters
    kandi &copy;
    cb4 (pf)
    wally (sf)
    jalen (sg)
    steve nash (okay, if everything works out)

bench
    marshall (pf)
    childress (sf)
    hudson (pg)
    alvin

og15 are u telling that this team isn't a better team than the 2003 edition?</div>

lol...your dreaming. besides...what if that team doesnt work out. what if we dont win with that team. its certainly not a "for sure" thing. then we'd be screwed, we dont have vince who fills our seats, and we dont have a winning team to fill the seats either...goodbye raptors. plus the chances of signing nash are slim to none, and if you think we could ever afford to keep jalens contract, and donyells contract, AND add on kandi's contract, AND sign hudson, your seriously dreaming. that would never happen

we'd be better off to simply sign mark blount and hudson, then have a team like this:

c - blount
    pf- bosh
    sf- vince
    sg- jalen
    pg- hudson

bench

alvin
    lammond
    donyell
    moiso
    draft pick

we could even package lammond and donyell together and get another impact player. i like that line-up WAAAAAAAAAAAY better then yours

10. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">
    thats the worst generalization. i hear it all the time...but mostly from people on this board who dont even live in toronto, and make that assumption based on some of the members of this board. there are so many raptor fans who arent just biased vince lovers...obviously some 15 yr old kid, who just started liking bball a couple years ago because his home team has vince carter, isnt going to have educated opinions on bball...dont generalize entire fan communities just because of that. yes, hes no kobe or t-mac...hes pretty good though.

</div>

Is it really? When I see posts in this thread that say <div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">I wouldn't trade for Tim Duncan cuz if they did it wouldn't be Vince's team anymore. Call me crazy, call me a fanboy but thats my opinian.</div> and other posters saying they wouldn't trade him away for anyone in the entire league. I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans but some are. If you are a true Raptor fan you want what is best for the team not what's best for Vince

11. deception

deception JBB Banned Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">
    lol...your dreaming. besides...what if that team doesnt work out. what if we dont win with that team. its certainly not a "for sure" thing. then we'd be screwed, we dont have vince who fills our seats, and we dont have a winning team to fill the seats either...goodbye raptors. plus the chances of signing nash are slim to none, and if you think we could ever afford to keep jalens contract, and donyells contract, AND add on kandi's contract, AND sign hudson, your seriously dreaming. that would never happen

we'd be better off to simply sign mark blount and hudson, then have a team like this:

c - blount
    pf- bosh
    sf- vince
    sg- jalen
    pg- hudson

bench

alvin
    lammond
    donyell
    moiso
    draft pick

we could even package lammond and donyell together and get another impact player. i like that line-up WAAAAAAAAAAAY better then yours</div>

i think blount will get offered more money on the open market because a 7 foot center is scarce, simple laws of supply and demand. whereas nash is an aging point guard who has been prone to sustain injuries if u play him a lot. in your plans we have no bench, donyell is there but i think he needs to play alongside a star to produce.

12. Premium

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Is it really? When I see posts in this thread that say and other posters saying they wouldn't trade him away for anyone in the entire league. I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans but some are. If you are a true Raptor fan you want what is best for the team not what's best for Vince</div>

obviously there are some overly biased vince fans...but there are also plenty of overly biased darius miles fans. isnt there someone on this forum with the username 'DMILES4MVP' or somethin like that? its hardly fair to generalize "most" raptor fans which is exactly what you did, based on a few members of this msg board. besides, i wouldnt call the people your referring to as "raptor fans", id call them "vince fans". they dont represent toronto raptor fans

obviously those of us who are true fans want whats best for the franchise...im not saying vince is untradable...in fact, i think that the gm that we hire should put his name out there, just to see what we can get. to see his value. im saying that vince's trade stock is as high as a top 10 player, since he's a fan favorite and is going to sell tickets

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting deception:</div><div class="quote_post">i think blount will get offered more money on the open market because a 7 foot center is scarce, simple laws of supply and demand. whereas nash is an aging point guard who has been prone to sustain injuries if u play him a lot. in your plans we have no bench, donyell is there but i think he needs to play alongside a star to produce.</div>

aging? injury prone? LOL!! blount is one year older then nash, and nash missed 4 games this season, and played in all 82 games last season and the season before that. there is no way that a player whos had one decent season is going to get more money then an all-star, whos a top 5 pg in the league. a roll-player is easy to find, thats all blount is...nash is an all-star and one of the best points in the league.

and no bench? alvin has been starting, he could come off the bench easily, and less minutes means less injuries. donyell shouldnt even ben on our bench...we could package him together with lammond and get some deep bench easily. add a decent draft pick, and that looks like an alright bench to me. either way, its still a better team then the one you had put together.

13. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

Exactly Dj, I am a big Vince Fan, but I am not blinded by the fact that he's my favourite player.
    I'm 14 years old, but I have enough brains to know that Vince isn't a top 5 player, heck, IMO he isn't even a top 15 player anymore.
    People are blinded by his dunks and live in the past where infact I believed he was going to be a top 5 player.

Basically, a lot of members at this forum are biased about their favourite player, and it annoying me to see things written like "Vince Is better than Kobe, He just has a worse supporting cast".

Thanks, That's my $00.02.

14. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">Is it really? When I see posts in this thread that say and other posters saying they wouldn't trade him away for anyone in the entire league. I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans but some are. If you are a true Raptor fan you want what is best for the team not what's best for Vince</div>

Your basing your facts with someone who can't even spell the word "opinion" right (the person you quoted).

Instead of jumping to absurd generalizations, talk to some Raptor fans who actually know basketball. I bet 10 out of 10 Raptor fans would take Tim Duncan over Vince (again, refering to the quote), so please don't point out that Raptor fans are delusional when it is only a few individuals who seem to make comments like those.

15. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

I think that quote was by me, and I was being sarcastic.

16. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">everyone is so quick to dismiss a player after a season of injuries. it happend to vince, and now its happening to iverson. vince has only had 2 bad seasons of injury, and now everyone calls him "injury prone". iverson played in every single game last season, this year was his worst year ever. i doubt next season will be as riddled with injury as this one was. we'll have to see</div>

Not really, it's just that with how he plays he will likely get at least on injury in the season, and his game is mainly about speed and quickness, and we all know that wheter you like it or not, as you get older, those aspects will fade. Carter's game is not about speed and quickness, its not even about his atheleticism anymore, just constant jumpshots, and more jumpshots, and fadeaway jumpshots.
    I guess we'll see next season but I wouldn't want to trade for AI, I don't see how he'd make us better??
    One of our players dominating the ball, turning it over and shootinf low percentages isn't really going to help us.

And to BC, what was it 2 or 3 people out of the 12 or so Raptors fans that said that, and one even said he was kidding [​IMG]

17. BC

BC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">And to BC, what was it 2 or 3 people out of the 12 or so Raptors fans that said that, and one even said he was kidding [​IMG]</div>

And I also said I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans, but some are.

18. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">And I also said I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans, but some are.</div>

You could say that for many fans for different stars. I think I see your point though.

19. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting BC:</div><div class="quote_post">And I also said I'm not saying all raptors fans are just Vince fans, but some are.</div>

That's better, it's just before the keyword you used was most Raptors fans are dillusional about Vince, but s'all good, and like he said can say that for literally any very popular player in the league. Everyone really popular guy has fans like that.

20. og15

og15 JBB *********

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Not really, it's just that with how he plays he will likely get at least on injury in the season, and his game is mainly about speed and quickness, and we all know that wheter you like it or not, as you get older, those aspects will fade. Carter's game is not about speed and quickness, its not even about his atheleticism anymore, just constant jumpshots, and more jumpshots, and fadeaway jumpshots.
    I guess we'll see next season but I wouldn't want to trade for AI, I don't see how he'd make us better??
    One of our players dominating the ball, turning it over and shootinf low percentages isn't really going to help us.

And to BC, what was it 2 or 3 people out of the 12 or so Raptors fans that said that, and one even said he was kidding [​IMG]</div>

I also forgto to mention that it had been rumored that Iverson will not start the upcoming season due to his injury. A lot of people have been saying that if it doesn't progress this could be his last season.