Who Would You Trade Vince For?

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by norespect, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Streetball2k5

Streetball2k5 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">I also forgto to mention that it had been rumored that Iverson will not start the upcoming season due to his injury. A lot of people have been saying that if it doesn't progress this could be his last season.</div>
    Exactly Og, I heard that aswell, meaning there would be no reason in hell to trade Vince for A.I.
    I think Vince is better than A.I seeing half the time both of them are injured and take fadeaways.
    As for the Rush For Jefferies trade, I liked it at the time, but of course now that I see what he can do I don't.

2. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Streetball2k3:</div><div class="quote_post">Exactly Og, I heard that aswell, meaning there would be no reason in hell to trade Vince for A.I.
    I think Vince is better than A.I seeing half the time both of them are injured and take fadeaways.
    As for the Rush For Jefferies trade, I liked it at the time, but of course now that I see what he can do I don't.</div>

If it wasn't for that trade we wouldn't have Michael Curry who I think is better then what people say.

3. JamT_786

JamT_786 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Canada:</div><div class="quote_post">none of these cats would have been taken over Carter two years ago !
    Injuries interfered the last couple of seasons .. and now he's healthy .. he's on his way to earn his " Usual " seat over all of these guys</div>

tru dat Air Canada. Have all of you people forgotten what VC has done. Give the guy a break. He had a couple of serious injuries. Any other players in the league wouldn't just hop up and start playing their usual way (not even ai). And this season he only missed 9 games and we saw some flashes of the old VC that everybody fell in love with and it was amazing. So yeah a healthy VC is definately up there with KG, T-Mac and Duncan. Why do you think he's been the leading vote getter at the all star game for the last 4-5 years. Yeah VC! Not KG ot T-MAC or even Kobe. It's VC and he is one of the leagues greatest athletes, showmen and when healthy scorer.

4. v_carter15

v_carter15 JBB JustBBall Member

^ wow...ever hear of too much praise man?
    Speaking of which...does ANYONE know how i can change my justbball name?!?!?!?

5. Mez

Mez JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JamT_786:</div><div class="quote_post">o yeah a healthy VC is definately up there with KG, T-Mac and Duncan.</div>
    [​IMG] You're joking.. right? KG and Duncan are on a whole other level from vertually every other player on the planet, just in terms of how much they do for their team. They come out playing hard every night on both sides of the court, and will their team to victory. That can not be said for Carter. I've always liked VC but at the same time I've always felt he was very overrated just because of his highlight dunks. He's a very good player but he shouldn't be considered an "elite player" IMO.

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting JamT_786:</div><div class="quote_post">Why do you think he's been the leading vote getter at the all star game for the last 4-5 years. Yeah VC! Not KG ot T-MAC or even Kobe.</div>
    Actually Kobe had the most votes two seasons ago, not VC. I believe he regained the top votes again last year, but that was just because fans were excited to see his dunks again because he was healthy. He leads the league in votes year after year because of dunks, not because he's one of the top players in the league.

6. jbbFranchise

jbbFranchise JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Phreeze:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually Kobe had the most votes two seasons ago, not VC. I believe he regained the top votes again last year, but that was just because fans were excited to see his dunks again because he was healthy. He leads the league in votes year after year because of dunks, not because he's one of the top players in the league.</div>

I believe Vince has been the top vote getter for the last 4 seasons (consecutively), first to do so since Jordan, Kobe was 2nd; highest in the West.

Phreeze, as for that other guys quote, just stay away from people who say that, those are the few Raptor fans who are still delusional about Vince Carter. Most of us know that hes no where near those elite players.

7. ADubb20

ADubb20 JBB JustBBall Member

I wouldnt trade VC for anyone based on the fact that you wouldn't get the equal worth back because of his injury label. You can't add someone like Iverson to the Raps , it doesnt make sense because he wouldn'd fill a need and it would just create another need. Yes Vince has been injured a few too many times, but for the people who don't watch Raptors games you don't know what kinda injuries hes gettin and how. Also with the Raptors problems of holding on to players like TMac the Raptors want to make sure they have a dedicated player here. The last two coaches weren't coaches for VC, KO was just bad and Wilkens was a good coach who made the team do well, but he made it a team game. We need a coach like Butch Carter who will get Vince to be that rookie of the year or that dunk champ, or that guy who jumped over a 7'2" center. Vince Carter is the face of the Raptors and he will be untill Bosh takes over, which he will.

And for the Kobe fans, Shaq was the Lakers and VC doesn't have anyone like that to take more of the heat off him. Antonio Davis [​IMG] ... please.

8. skip

skip BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting ReRun:</div><div class="quote_post">WellmangsX they got carter just like they got T-MAc. I'm amazesed at how bad they are considering all theoffensive firepower they hav. Carter, Rose, Marshall. But injuries keep them back.</div>

Injuries are one reason but the other reason is that thier coach or former coach made them play defensive ball, and that drains alot of your enrgy and changes your mindset, so hopefully we get a coach who can play them by thier strengths

9. G-UNIT

G-UNIT JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dj_premium_plus:</div><div class="quote_post">absolutely...i dont know where you get this idea, that hes some brittle old man...hes only 27. he's spending the summer strength training and letting his injuries heal up completely...watch out for vince of 04-05</div>

Vince is getting married this summer, whens he gonna have time to workout? Thats what his biggest knock is among his fellow NBA players, is that he has the god given athleticism for someone who doesnt have the drive. Jordan was like that, but after the PISTONS beat him up in 1988-90, he started working out hard, so that they wouldnt be able to beat up on him...Vince is a top 10 player, WHEN he plays hard, and goes to the hole, other than that he is just a good player. Vince is 27, but he's an old 27, everytime he goes to the bucket and gets hit, even softly, he's always wincing, thats what pisses me off the most about him...shit, dont show that it hurts when they bang you, cuz theyll keep doin it cuz they know it gets you off your game....

10. JamT_786

JamT_786 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting shapecity:</div><div class="quote_post">There are at least 23 players I would take ahead of Vince Carter. Here's a breakdown by position.

Centers
    --------
    Shaq O'Neal
    Tim Duncan
    Yao Ming
    Jermaine O'neal
    Eddy Curry

Power Forwards
    --------
    Kevin Garnett
    Dirk Nowitzki
    Amare Stoudamire
    Ben Wallace
    Chris Webber

Small Forwards
    --------
    Ron Artest
    LeBron James
    Shawn Marion
    Rasheed Wallace

Shooting Guards
    --------
    Kobe Bryant
    Paul Pierce
    Allen Iverson
    Tracy McGrady
    Manu Ginobilli

Point Guards
    --------
    Jason Kidd
    Stephon Marbury
    Steve Francis
    Gilbert Arenas</div>

WAT? Eddy Curry? Manu Ginobilli? Gilbert Arenas? Maybe those other guys but not these 3. VC is 10 times better than these guys and you'll make ur team worse buy trading VC for them!!!