Who'll be the top 3 picks?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Voodoo Child, May 23, 2006.

1. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting NTC187:</div><div class="quote_post">Bosh plays centre (right now) doesnt he? And Villanueva at Power Forward. Thats what I thought at least.</div>

No, Villanueva played SF while Bosh played PF.

2. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

no bosh is the 4 charlies the 3

3. CV3bandwagon

CV3bandwagon JBB JustBBall Member

Nope Bosh plays the four and Villanueva (he averaged 17 and 7 there since he started there) the three

4. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

1. Adam Morrison - The frontcourt is set with Bosh and Villanueva, so they bring in someone who can produce now and puts up points now, and someone who will bring fans to the stands.

2. LaMarcus Aldridge - The Bulls need frontcourt help, and he's the guy for them. He's big, strong and talented and will give the Bulls the lowpost scorer they need.

3. Rudy Gay - The frontcourt is set so they go with potential here. No one in the draft has the potential of Gay in my opinion. He's got talent galore and could end up as the best player out of this draft in a couple years.

5. Voodoo Child

Voodoo Child Can I Kick It?

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">No, Villanueva played SF while Bosh played PF.</div>

Actually, Bosh played 43% of the team's center minutes and only 25% of their power forward minutes, whereas Villanueva played 12% of their center minutes, 36% of their power forward minutes, and only 9% of their small forward minutes.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

VC's right, Bosh still did play a lot of minutes at center. The starting lineup was CV at the 3 and Bosh at the 4, but it never lasted really long. With players like Hoffa, Pape Sow, and Loren Woods playing the 5, there were a lot of quick substitutions. Bosh played so many minutes a game that he often had to fill in at center.

All the top prospects have questions about how they would fit in with this team. Is Aldridge too similar to Bosh and does he work as a NBA 5? Would Bargnani's game be too redundant when paired with Villanueva and will he only compound our lack of defense in the post? Is Morrison more of a 3 than a 2 and how bad will his defense be? And how will Tyrus Thomas get any playing time playing behind Bosh and Villanueva? I think when Colangelo said that the Raps aren't good enough to draft for position, he was making that point on the top talent in the draft.

7. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Voodoo Child:</div><div class="quote_post">Actually, Bosh played 43% of the team's center minutes and only 25% of their power forward minutes, whereas Villanueva played 12% of their center minutes, 36% of their power forward minutes, and only 9% of their small forward minutes.</div>

Well, when Pape Sow or Araujo are playing C, CV plays the 3 and Bosh plays the 4.

8. CV3bandwagon

CV3bandwagon JBB JustBBall Member

Are you a Raptors fan? Do you watch every game?

Bosh only played so many minutes at center because we had nobody bigger or tougher then him. We need to use him more at the four where's he's better at both end of the floors. Charlie next season will be the starting three that's where Sam has been training him to be working with him with his footspeed, footwork, defensive stance and three point range. Sam has said he wants Charlie back and playig the whoel year at the three. Even when Bosh went down near the end of the year he started Hoffa at the five, Pape at the four and Charlie the three just to get him more time there.

Regardless where Bosh starts at the four/five next season we still need another four then with Charlie playing the three. Lamarcus Aldrige seems to eb the best fit but Bryan Colangelo loves Andrea Bargnani and will most likely draft him.

I think there is about a 2% chance we draft Adam Morrison. No way you put Adam in a up-tempo fast break team like ours. Maybe you guys want us to draft him so more guys fall to your spots but there's no way we realistically draft him. He's built for the half court and just dose not have the legs to get up the floor and finish.

Also with Charlie locked up at the three, where do you play Morrison? He dose not have near the footspeed to play off-guard. Besdie that's Mo spot on the roster.

Also the team already has enough offense. If you knew anything about the team you'd know we have one of the top offense in the leuage and badly need some defensive players. Morrison is a post on defense and would just make the problem worse.

For us the draft comes down to Bargnani or Aldrige. A distant chance of Thomas but probalby not him as BC wants a little more of a impact player. But undoughtable he wants another big. Bargnani seems to be his favorite but Aldrige trains with Bosh and are good friends and is tougher in the post and rebounds better then Mago. However Bryan is know for being unconventional and will probably go by his gut and take Bargnani.

9. 02civic

02civic JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Raps will trade the pick for either a late lottery + player or they'll do it for a player.

1st pick for Magloire and they're pick?

10. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Toronto selects Andrea Bargani

Chicago selects Lamarcus Aldridge

Charlotte selects Adam Morrison

11. BigBlueFan

BigBlueFan BBW Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Bobcats:</div><div class="quote_post">Yeah, but Morrison isn't average, he's bad on defense. He's just too slow laterally. He's going to get eaten alive by the likes of Carmelo Anthony, Richard Jefferson, Paul Pierce etc. on the defensive end.</div>
    I watched Adam Morrison play at least 10-12 times this season and he's not "bad" on defense. No, he's not a shutdown defender, but he goes out there and gives it 110% on both sides of the floor. Besides, when your offensive game is as complete as Morrison's is, then I don't think most teams will let his average defense get in their way of drafting him or not; and please don't let the nbadraft.net profiles fool you...those guys do not have a clue of what they're talking about.

12. Bobcats

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting UKFan33:</div><div class="quote_post">I watched Adam Morrison play at least 10-12 times this season and he's not "bad" on defense. No, he's not a shutdown defender, but he goes out there and gives it 110% on both sides of the floor. Besides, when your offensive game is as complete as Morrison's is, then I don't think most teams will let his average defense get in their way of drafting him or not; and please don't let the nbadraft.net profiles fool you...those guys do not have a clue of what they're talking about.</div>

First of all, I don't need to read nbadraft.net to know that Morrison has holes in his defensive game. Second, yes, Morrison plays his heart out and has a great passion for the game, but that still doesn't make up for his defensive lapses. He's just too slow laterally to stay in front of his man. Morrison is just not what the Raptors need. Great offensive talent (the Raps can already score), below average rebounder, and a weak defensive player, which like I said before, the Raptors are already crappy enough at. I hope for Morrisons sake he slips to the Blazers.

13. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

#1 Raptors: I say they take LaMarcus Bosh and him are boys and he's made it known he wants someone who can help him in the middle.

#2 Bulls: They are too close to being a dominant team to take a chance on Bargani an unknown/untested player look for Morrison to be drafted here

#3 Bobcats: This is where the surprise will be I see Bargani slipping out of the three spot maybe even top five. Reports out of Toronto that they want him is all hype imo I see Charlotte taking either Carney or Rudy Gay who were better than Morrison and Reddick this past season but got less media attention they werent ball hogs either they played within the team concept.

14. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Why does who plays center matter? Bosh and CV both play in the post right. Its not like if CV plays center he can only guard the other teams center. Plus how can u tell that Bosh plays 43% of teams center minutes. This argument is wierd.

15. TmacGarnett

TmacGarnett JBB JustBBall Member

Chicago will not take another Sf in Morrison. If aldridge is taken then they will take Tyrus Thomas. The only way Thomas slips past pick #5 is if Toronto takes Bargani and that leaves chiacgo to take aldridge. Then bobcats take morrison. Portland takes Brandon Roy. Atlanta takes Tyrus Thomas or Marcus williams. Minnesota takes Randy Foye or Tyrus thomas if he is still available.
    I don't know why but i have this feeling that Rudy Gay will drop to the Rockets. Maybe it is because im a rockets fan and want him badly, but it is always a possibility.