Who's a Bigger Idiot?

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by MKIV_Supra, Aug 6, 2009.

?

Who's a bigger idiot?

1. Michael Crabtree

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Vince Young

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Lost One

Lost One ...

So in other words, you agree that Vince Young can't even play against 3rd stringers. Awesome.

True. So once again, Vince Young cannot outperform 3rd stringers and training camp bodies? In that case, what does that say about Vince Young? Certainly does not help his cause to earn the starting job.

I tend to believe that preseason means less for a 13 year old vet, who started last season and helped the Titans to a 13-3 record, than it means for a guy like Vince Young who has done nothing in the league since he was drafted. But you seem to be the only one who thinks otherwise, I wonder why.

No it doesn't. I was right. Vince Young is a garbage QB who cannot take care of the football. He's proven me right in the regular season, and once again affirmed that fact in the preseason.

2. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

oh yeah. i forgot that vince young has done nothing in the league. he never won offensive rookie of the year and he certainly never made the pro bowl. and he definitely didn't take over as starting qb in his rookie season after kerry collins led the team to a 0-3 start and help the team finish with an 8-8 record. 10-6 in his 2nd season to make the playoffs must not have happened either, right?

3. Lost One

Lost One ...

Was that before or after he threatened to retire from the league and kill himself?

Vince Young was overrated to begin with, I could care less about his awards. You are not a good quarterback when you put up the type of numbers he has, he's nothing more than a homeless man's Michael Vick, especially if he can't even play against 3rd stringers/training camp body. You seem to be one of the few who think otherwise (I wonder why).

And I could care less what Kerry Collins did in the past. This is a "what have you done for me now" league. Collins took care of the football and helped the Titans win games when Vince Young was pouting like a baby.

Am I saying Young will never be a solid starter in the NFL? No, but he certainly hasn't proven that he can. And I know that preseason doesn't mean much. But for a guy who should be the starting quarterback (according to you), he sure didn't look like he gave two shits to earn his starting job back, which isn't a positive especially when you consider his past (I don't want the leader of my offense to not care about football). Either that or he just flat out sucks. For a guy who's been criticized for his lack of QB skills and the amount of interceptions he's thrown, he's done practically nothing to prove his doubters wrong. Which is all I'm trying to interpret from these preseason games.

4. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

can something be before or after something that didn't happen?

i'm not saying anything about vince being a solid starter or really anything about vince at all other than that he's better than kerry collins. it doesn't take being a solid starter to do that. but since you did bring up vince doing "nothing", i felt what he's actually done probably should be pointed out.

vince young is much better than kerry collins and the titans are dumb for starting collins instead of vince.

5. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Why are you in denile over this? Are you his agent or his brother?

That stuff happened, its all well documented that it did. But, even if it didnt, Vince Young has had a sucky NFL career to this point. He has shown me nothing to make me believe he will live up to the billing of being the 3rd overall pick. His play makes me question his intelligence and his leadership, two important elements of being an NFL QB. Two elements that you seem to think do not matter as long as you have physical gifts. Theres a reason that Ryan Leaf failed, despite having a better arm than Favre. Vince Young would have to improve by leaps and bounds to match the career of Kerry Collins, who by all rights is a high end career journeyman. It is a sad commentary to be honest, but Young is wasting his million dollar gifts with his 10 cent head.

6. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

living up to the hype and matching that career of kerry collins are irrelevant. vince young right now is better than kerry collins right now, so vince young should be the starter right now.

7. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Hes not. Hes not better than the worst moments of Kerry Collins career....if he was, Jeff Fisher would start him....the bottomline of all of this is that Jeff Fisher knows better than anyone in the world who should lead that team, and hes chosen Collins....Hes right, we are all irrelevant....

8. rocketeer

rocketeer Active Member

because jeff fisher made the decision, he's right and shouldn't be questioned? then why do you even bother wasting your time posting on this message board?

who was the starting qb who led the titans to an 0-3 record in vince's rookie year? and then who was the qb who led the titans to an 8-5 record in games he started that season? the answers to those questions shouldn't be too difficult.

and yes, as i've said numerous times, vince young can do everything that collins can and more. that's what makes vince the better player. does that necessarily make him a superstar? absolutely not, because kerry collins is a horrible qb and has been so for a few years.

9. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Vince Young isn't capable of leading a team at this point. He doesn't have the trust of his coaches or teammates. He might be able to regain it at some point, but currently Collins has the job because his coaches and teammates know what they'll get from him. With Vince Young it's a crap shoot and the Titans aren't in a rebuilding season to allow Vince to find his way.

10. Lost One

Lost One ...

The only thing Vince Young has over Kerry Collins is athleticism. Which doesn't mean much. I don't want my quarterback to be a running back, I want my quarterback to be a quarterback. I want my quarterback to lead the team, move the football down the field, and not give the opposing team more chances to score. Kerry Collins trumps Vince Young in all those categories.