whos takin the tourney this year

Discussion in 'Men's College Basketball' started by jdub, Feb 11, 2003.

1. mixedflava

mixedflava JBB JustBBall Member

Maryland all da way!
    If not, then it probably will be Kentucky

2. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "pacers#1":</div><div class="quote_post">arizona sux.

duke all the way</div>

where did this come frome man, arizona is unreal, u better be joking

3. NJNChampionship

NJNChampionship JBB JustBBall Member

I want Gonzaga, but I know it should be Arizona, Duke, and Louisville up there.

4. Online

Online JBB JustBBall Member

mmmmm Kentucky

5. jdub

jdub JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting "NJNChampionship":</div><div class="quote_post">I want Gonzaga, but I know it should be Arizona, Duke, and Louisville up there.</div>

gonzaga all the way baby, but they dont got dickau n e more :cry:

6. go_duke21

go_duke21 JBB JustBBall Member

has much as it pains me to say, duke will not win the national championship, so ppl plz stop saying they will, i have seen way too many post on here saying they will win. duke will not even have a number one seed in the bracket, maybe even not a number 2
    look for some arizona domination, no other team is close

7. TheTruth34

TheTruth34 JBB JustBBall Member

I hope Oklahoma does!!!

8. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

if you say duke has no chance of winning the championship this year...you shouldn't have your name be 'go_duke21' cuz ur obviously not a real fan...my friend dave and i follow duke basketball religiously (he's a transfer from Duke) and have done so since 1990...

duke is not playing well this year...that doesn't mean that they can be counted out as contenders...two players who figured to be key factors this year have been underperforming but there is still a chance for them to step it up...that is the beauty of the NCAA tournament...players can show up / and not show up on any given day making it damn near impossible to say who is gonna win it...

the UNLV team of 1991 was by FAR the most unstoppable team in recent college basketball history...undefeated through the regular season you would not have found many people who would bet against them in the NCAA's...they were supposed to dominate the tourney just like they had the season...but there was a 9 year old kid named Brian...who watched a team in blue get murdered in the 1990 tournament by the runnin rebels who saw champions in bobby hurley and christian laetner...who bet against the rebels and said that duke was gonna go all the way and won 500 bucks in his dad's office bracket pool because of it [​IMG]

Duke still has a chance...every team that makes it into that tourney has a chance...and being a number 1 seed in the tourney doesn't matter a bit in terms of your chances for winnin the tourney...there has never been a final four (at least that i can remember) that was comprised of 4 number 1 seeds...so someone always makes it from the middle of the pack...Duke's chances lie in the hands of the person who's jersey number you have in your ID...if Duhon shows up and steps up his game to the level he should have been playing at all season long...Duke is a contender that can run all over even the best teams such as Arizona...Daniel Ewing is another guy that has to show up for Duke to go all the way but the play of Reddick has been unbelievable and the emergence of Jones as an all-around player (hell i think he may be able to play his way into the first round of the nba draft if he keeps it up) are two factors that Duke had not counted on...

and never forget that they have the man on the bench that no coach in ncaa basketball would ever underestimate...you better believe that Coach K can take this group to the NCAA finals and win the tourney this year...if you dont then you have no sense of the history of Duke Basketball and don't deserve to call yourself a fan of theirs...their first championship came from them pulling off the impossible...them winning the tourney this year is far from 'impossible' so yes they have a chance...they have a great deal of talent in their starting 5, a fairly deep bench, and arguably the best coach in college ball...

9. Hunter

Hunter Administrator Staff Member Administrator

SCBrian, I cant agree more with you.

HE might be the best coach in all of basketball or at least I think he is.

10. SCBrian

SCBrian JBB JustBBall Member

he amazes me...year after year...people always talk about talent making a program but Duke is one of those programs where the coach and the program itself really help the talent maximize what they can become...thats why i think coach K is special...