Why do you support your club?

Discussion in 'England' started by Hudge, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

We all know why the Man U and Chelsea 'supporters' 'support' their team but for those of you who don't change clubs every five minutes, why do you support your team?</p>

I personally support Liverpool because my sister thought Michael Owen was hot (in the days when he used to play for us) so she convinced me to support them. I am now a big Liverpool supporter.</p>

2. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hudge)</div><div class='quotemain'>

We all know why the Man U and Chelsea 'supporters' 'support' their team but for those of you who don't change clubs every five minutes, why do you support your team?</div></p>

so why do you assume ALL chelsea supporters are glory supporters?</p>

anyway, I support Chelsea because most of my family support Chelsea, they were the first team i saw play; against Haopel Tel Alviv in the UEFA cup.</p>

3. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

I support 2 teams. Plymouth Because i was born there and live there now. Arsenal because my family moved to North lonjdon when i was 4 and then we moved back to Plymouth 6 years ago. Also my first game was Arsenal vs. Chelsea at Highbury</p>

4. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

I support Liverpool cause its the quickest ground to get to, on a serious note all my family support them. Chelsea fans support Chelsea because they beat Man Ure a few times but are now drifting back.</p>

5. 22Ste22

22Ste22 DYC Hot prospect

Preston North End beacause it's my hometown club.

6. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I support Man Utd because my father has been a fan for ages now. He's always telling me stories how good they used to be before. (like they're not now haha)

7. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Toronto FC because they're are my home town team.</p>

Plus, with guys like Andy, Danny and Jeffy there a good lot to cheer for.</p>

8. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

Wolf, I was joking. Plus all of the ones I know personallyexcept for one are.

9. Wolf

Wolf Sig and Avatar made by me

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hudge)</div><div class='quotemain'>Wolf, I was joking. Plus all of the ones I know personally except for one are.</div>

I dont take things like that as a joke as it comes up far too often and is just irritatating...</p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'>I support Liverpool cause its the quickest ground to get to, on a serious note all my family support them. Chelsea fans support Chelsea because they beat Man Ure a few times but are now drifting back.</div></p>

TRY READING THE REASON I SUPPORT CHELSEA... then you'll realise that i dont care about beating man u.</p>

</p>

</p>

10. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

In that case, I apologise.

11. Colonel Ronan

Colonel Ronan Continue...?

Control Center analyst
    I support Arsenal because my step-dad was obbsessed with them. My first game wasn't with Arsenal (Aston Villa vs. Coventry) but my first shirt was.

12. Gibbo2007

Gibbo2007 DYC Part-Timer

I support liverpool</p>

beacuse they are a team with great history and when i was young i used 2 compare myself too paul ince [​IMG]</p>

and my dad has supported them for 36 years</p>

first game - Liverpool - Chelsea Stamford Bridge</p>

last game went to - Liverpool - Derby 6-0 [​IMG]</p>

and i have too agree</p>

the amount of glory supporters at united and chelsea is alot</p>

but there is some die hard fans there that suppoerted them even when they wernt has great</p>

so try not 2 single them out as much [​IMG]</p>

like i bet alot more people begin 2 support man city now!!</p>

13. micmania1

micmania1 DYC Hot prospect

It's funny how Liverpool supporters call Chelsea, Arsenaland Man Utd supporters glory seekers and same with the otherthree leaving themselves out.</p>

When I went to Liverpool, their were buses of liverpool fans stopping off at the service stations which also happend at man utd. Chelsea glory seekers don't even go to games.</p>

It's fair enough supporting a team because your family supports them, but ask yourself, why do they support them? Glory seekers.</p>

I support Newcastle because it's my home town club.</p>

14. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

Well you could hardly call Newcastle fans glory seekers now could you? I think Newcastle supporters must be a little perverse and enjoy the feeling of failure, well either that orthey're stupid but hey make your own minds up! Every successful club will have glory seekers Liverpool have become a lot worse since 2005 which i hate. I can't stand the jester hat (wanker hat) wearing, seal clapping "easeh" or "who are ya" chanting Soccer Am watching ponces but that comes with the territory. The thing is Liverpool are only just coming into a good spell again but we was still getting the following through the 90's when we was shite and to make it worse our hated rivals came good. Now they do have a following of "glory seekers" as you call them or prawn sandwich brigade as that wanker Keane calls them, even he thinks they're wankers. Chelsea fans are pathetic and will soon be sent crawling back to the clubs they used to support. As for Newcastle fans ,i've had this conversation with you before. If you think only Geordies support them you are well of the mark and very naive. During the time when Keegan was in charge you also had your share of glory supporters its just a shame you couldn't actually back them up with any glory! At Liverpool we now have a group called RTK (reclaim the kop)who are in conversation with the club and even get time on the official website to educate these fans who bring their stupid antics and let them know about the history and tradition of the club so to not just sit there taking pictures or chatting to their mates on their mobiles whilst the match is on. We actually want to rid the club of these dickheads. Liverpool fc and their fans strive to be different and not just carbon copies of other clubs. </p>

15. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

yea and with that northen rock business

16. C.Ronaldo

C.Ronaldo Key Squad player

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hudge)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

We all know why the Man U and Chelsea 'supporters' 'support' their team but for those of you who don't change clubs every five minutes, why do you support your team?</p>

I personally support Liverpool because my sister thought Michael Owen was hot (in the days when he used to play for us) so she convinced me to support them. I am now a big Liverpool supporter.</p>

</div></p>

First of all you claim all Chelsea and Man Utd fans are all glory supporters, Liverpool have as much as those do. Then you tell us the reason you support Liverpool is because your sister convinced you because of Micheal Owen. Micheal Owen didnt start playin till 1998 so you started supported them then? I bet it didnt take much convincing knowing Liverpool are on of the biggest clubs in the world and have a rich past..... Your a retard.</p>

Anyway, I support Man Utd because my dad and his side of the family support Man Utd and has had a season ticket for about 15 years just before premiership started and he started taking me when I was 5 or so. So as my whole family support them I am obviosly going to support them.</p>

17. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

I support Arsenal FC, simply cause they play the most exciting footie in england. Nuff said.</p>

18. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C.Ronaldo)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hudge)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

First of all you claim all Chelsea and Man Utd fans are all glory supporters, Liverpool have as much as those do. Then you tell us the reason you support Liverpool is because your sister convinced you because of Micheal Owen. Micheal Owen didnt start playin till 1998 so you started supported them then? I bet it didnt take much convincing knowing Liverpool are on of the biggest clubs in the world and have a rich past..... Your a retard.</p>

Anyway, I support Man Utd because my dad and his side of the family support Man Utd and has had a season ticket for about 15 years just before premiership started and he started taking me when I was 5 or so. So as my whole family support them I am obviosly going to support them.</p>

</div></p>

<font face="Arial">I was 4. 4 year olds are easy to convince anyway. I started supporting them when I was 4</font></p>

19. P1ttsy91

P1ttsy91 DYC Trialist

Hudge your comments at the start of the thread is probably right, but there are a lot of true supporters of Chelsea and United. It doesn't matter where your from as long as you atLEAST watch the team play; home or away, perhaps purchase the club's merchandise, chant sing for your club, be defensive about your club - argueing for the club basically. Iagree their a lot people from like Asia and people from remote areas who support the club, but they are more a less genuine fans. Glory fans are people who support a team if they have won a major cup, or continually swap team, to whoever is at the top of the highest league! The reason I support United has been said already in my introduction thread [​IMG]</p>

20. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">I surported United6 years ago when they were third because they had a good nickname and i liked their style of play i was 9 + loads of people surported Newcastle as i live in the north. My unlce lives in liverpool so if i surported liverpool it would not be looked down on but i still surported united even when they were low in the table and i continue to grow with admaration for united and enjoy surporting them and having rivalryies with my brother who surports Chelsea.</font></p>