Why do you support your club?

Discussion in 'England' started by Hudge, Aug 31, 2007.

1. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticKing)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

How about country? Which ones you support?</p>

</div></p>

</p>

Well, I don't support the MLS, but I go to some Chicago Fire matches from time to time. Have to care for the locals.</p>

2. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

I support the Revolution. [​IMG]</p>

But I meant countries, which ones you support? (like germany, etc)</p>

3. M Two One

M Two One Halló Veröld!

Student
    Oh, I don't really have a country to support in football to be honest. Though I tend to cheer more for countries like France, Germany, United States and smaller federations.</p>

4. CelticKing

CelticKing The Green Monster

Those are the countries I usually cheer for too. France, Germany, the US (of course, i live here lol), then Albania, Croatia, Turkey.</p>

5. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<font face="Arial">I support Spain, not sure why.</font></p>

6. man_u_barmy_army

man_u_barmy_army DYC Legend +Young Prodigy

<font face="Arial" size="2">England because i like there and weirdly Nigeria</font></p>

7. bringiton

bringiton Theatre of Reality

You support United your brother supports Chelsea........ oh no weve got a full family of glory supporters!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

8. Art_gunner4life

Art_gunner4life DYC Arsenal Fan

Its unfortunate that when teams start winning, people start shifting sides.This year in basketball I cant even count how manyboston celtic fans are popping out of the closet after so many years of being in the closet of frustration, I dont speak in general, but most would have been ashamed to support them 7 or 8 years ago, so it indicates that there is banwagonor glory huntingfans growing rapidly.So to be fair, Manu have the most glory hunting supporters at the moment in the EPL and perhaps the world, they have exploited their fame with the media. the day they go winless fora few seasons, theyre fanbase is going to drop and will go to the next winning team, its common sense.</p>

9. man_u_barmy_army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bringiton)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

You support United your brother supports Chelsea........ oh no weve got a full family of glory supporters!!!!!!!!!!!</p>

</div></p>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Not really as my dad and mum and me all suport darlo (me man u as well)and my other brother supports newcastle</font></p>

10. bringiton

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man_u_barmy_army)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

</div></p>

<font face="Arial" size="2">Not really as my dad and mum and me all suport darlo (me man u as well)and my other brother supports newcastle</font></p>

</div></p>

So what happens if Darlington draw United in the FA Cup or something? I'll bet you support the winning team...lol. You CANNOT support 2 teams with any passion it is impossible.</p>

11. DDRickyDD

DDRickyDD SportsTwo Member.

Student

</div></p>

</div></p>

So what happens if Darlington draw United in the FA Cup or something? I'll bet you support the winning team...lol. You CANNOT support 2 teams with any passion it is impossible.</p>

</div></p>

</p>

I agree. but if i didn't support Liverpool I would support Newcastle United.</p>

12. man_u_barmy_army

<font face="Arial" size="2">i would support darlo + darlo never get that far in the cup ever</font></p>

13. Hudge

Hudge Active Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Art_Gunner4life)</div><div class='quotemain'></p>

Its unfortunate that when teams start winning, people start shifting sides.This year in basketball I cant even count how manyboston celtic fans are popping out of the closet after so many years of being in the closet of frustration, I dont speak in general, but most would have been ashamed to support them 7 or 8 years ago, so it indicates that there is banwagonor glory huntingfans growing rapidly.So to be fair, Manu have the most glory hunting supporters at the moment in the EPL and perhaps the world, they have exploited their fame with the media. the day they go winless fora few seasons, theyre fanbase is going to drop and will go to the next winning team, its common sense.</p>

</div></p>

<font face="Arial">I love the way you use coming out as a term for admitting supporting Boston Celtics [​IMG]</font></p>

14. bbwMax

bbwMax Member

</div></p>

<font size="2" face="Arial">Not really as my dad and mum and me all suport darlo (me man u as well)and my other brother supports newcastle</font></p>

</div></p>

</div></p>

I've alway asked myself that question. There's 2 perspective I've Used.</p>

1) Argyle are the Underdog so for them to win would be truly amaing</p>

But</p>

2) If argyle beat Arsenal it i unlikely they will win the whole thing.</p>

So in that respects i am unsure. But luckily i have never had to make that choice yet:D</p>

15. man_u_barmy_army

<font face="Arial" size="2">exactly it is never likely to happen soon in either cases (no offense) as the odds of at least one of the those situations happening would be enourmous</font></p>

16. bringiton

Excuses,excuses. I suppose a way of explaining it would be like this- you cannot have interests in 2 clubs that could potentially meet each other SOMEDAY. E.g It was rumoured that Gillet and Hicks who own Liverpool were interested in buying AS Roma but it was then explained to them that they could meet in Europe and you cannot have a vested interest in 2 rival clubs. This all came about years ago when Robert Maxwell bought Derby County AND Oxford United. Mark Lawrenson was the manager of Oxford doing a great job and they got into the top flight,then Maxwell tried to rape Oxford for their best players and sell them to Derby for peanuts , Lawrenson resigned over the matter and Maxwell was made to relinquish control of one of the clubs.</p>

So the moral of the story is man-u-barmy-army is a glory hunter!!!!</p>