Why does Wade never get his props?

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by reeling, May 24, 2006.

1. bruin007

bruin007 JBB JustBBall Member

If you were Lebron James, KG, or Kobe and the team GM said to you who do you want EB, Allen, JO, Dirk, Marion or Wade who do you think these guys would choose it wouldnt be "flash" The way the HEAT is now if youd replace WADE with any of those players listed would sweep the pistons. Wade stands out on that team because he's a pair of fresh legs on ateam of has been veterans on their last hurrah.

2. Mr.Wade

Mr.Wade JBB The Canadian Dream

bruin you have got to be the biggest Wade-hater in history.

What you're saying is that Brand replaces Wade, so they'll sweep Pistons, although Haslem would not have a position and there would be a glaring hole at SG. Who plays SG, Derek Anderson? Nice team there. Same goes for Dirk, Marion and injured every day Jermaine O'Neal.

Ray Allen is a phenomenal shooter, which could go well with Shaq, but note there are already enough shooters in Williams, Walker, Anderson, Kapono and the list goes on. Do they really need another shooter who's older and less athletic than Wade?

Be realistic bruin, Wade is the perfect fit in Miami and without him they would really amount to a 1st round exit team.

3. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Wade is SICK. I love his game offensively. He just happend to come into the league the same time Mr. James did. Everyone wants us to Witness Lebrons game instead of Wade's. I prefer Wade over Lebron.

4. AirJordan

AirJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Wade gets a lot of props, Lebron gets more props because he's better, and always will be, simple as that.

5. Miami Flash City

Miami Flash City JBB All Day

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">Here are more than six players that are better than D Wade no way he cracks top five in any scenario:

Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Lebron James, Kevin Garnett, Elton Brand, Ray Allen, Jermaine O'neal, Dirk Nowitzki,Shawn Marion

Id build my team around any of these guys... dont get me wrong Wade is a tough streaky two guard but he's not in the caliber of these guys imo...</div>

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">D Wade is not a clutch player he is an athlete that makes circus shots every now and then.</div>

Wow.....[​IMG]

6. Legacy

Legacy Beast

I like Wade more than Lebron, Lebron just gets more attention.

7. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">If you were Lebron James, KG, or Kobe and the team GM said to you who do you want EB, Allen, JO, Dirk, Marion or Wade who do you think these guys would choose it wouldnt be "flash" The way the HEAT is now if youd replace WADE with any of those players listed would sweep the pistons. Wade stands out on that team because he's a pair of fresh legs on ateam of has been veterans on their last hurrah.</div>
    No sire, no one can replace Wade in Heat uniform. Wade and Shaq mutually complement and bring the best out of each other. You think JO would bring the Shaq that you see now? With Marion, Heat will be the best rebounding team but it doesn't say much about being a better team. Same case for every other players you listed, with LBJ, Heat will be a serious contender as well but I can't just describe with words what kind of impact Wade brings to this Heat team. It's just very hard to describe.

8. Shiver

Shiver JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">That's one game look at his overall career even rex chapman came up big in the playoffs and raja bell doesn't mean they are great. IMO when its all said and done Wade will go down as a great athlete who never accomplished anything ala Dominique Wilkins who is considered underated because of his battles with great players ie Bird, Magic, Jordan.

Wilkins is to Bird, Magic, Jordan as:

Wade is to Duncan, Bryant, James</div>

Duncan,Bryant, James have all been ELIMINATED in the playoffs. Wade is shooting just under 70% and over 30 points a game in the series against the pistons how is that not great?. Wade doesnt seem to be having any "battles" against the 3 you just mentioned in these playoffs.

9. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

I don't think bruin is being serious. No one in their right mind thinks Ray Allen is a better player than Dwyane Wade.

Wade is one of the top 5 players in the game. He's arguably the best player remaining in the playoffs (between him and Dirk).

10. reeling

reeling JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting AirJordan:</div><div class="quote_post">Wade gets a lot of props, Lebron gets more props because he's better, and always will be, simple as that.</div> Thats why even Chauncy Billups said Wade is playing better than Lebron James[​IMG] Gotcha. Don't be too upset that after an off night in Miami we swept your Nets and Wade took the spotlight from Carter.[​IMG]

11. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

Man bruin007 is a HATER.

Wade is a beast and by saying he is just athletic and every now and then makes circus shots is ignorant when you have Lebron as a better player than him. Wade's mid-range jumper is dynamite and he is hitting threes in the playoffs out of nowhere. Almost all of Lebron's shots are fast break dunks. Look what happened to Lebron when Detroit decided to shut down the lane on him. He shot horribly.

70% in the playoffs against one of the best teams in the L, nufff said

12. bruin007

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">Man bruin007 is a HATER.

Wade is a beast and by saying he is just athletic and every now and then makes circus shots is ignorant when you have Lebron as a better player than him. Wade's mid-range jumper is dynamite and he is hitting threes in the playoffs out of nowhere. Almost all of Lebron's shots are fast break dunks. Look what happened to Lebron when Detroit decided to shut down the lane on him. He shot horribly.

70% in the playoffs against one of the best teams in the L, nufff said</div>

Dwayne Wade and the Heat are lucky the Lakers gave up Shaq for Odom if it wasn't for this trade they wouldnt be in the eastern conference finals. As far as James, Duncan, and Kobe being out of the playoffs you have to admit that LeBron doesnt have much around him and the Western Conference is a much tougher conference than the East you have Pistons, Heat, NJ and... NY? Orlando? where as in the West coast there really wasn't a top team because all the teams were within a few games of eachother all season long (ie Clippers, Lakers, Hornets, JAzz, and Spurs, Suns, Mavs) Yeah I'll admit it I'm not a fan of Wade I think he is overrated as a player when compared to other franchise players in the NBA. Iv'e said before that Wade does not crack top five in the league he isn't even the best player on his own team. Look at his game he has an inconsistent jumper he hacks a lot on defense when they blow past him and he lacks leadership. Fall 7 times and get up 8?... he needs a new marketing agency. THe reason he falls so much is because he's always trying to draw a foul I saw him throw himself in game 5 against pistons complaining for a call when rip was about two feet away from him. HE's an incredible athlete but his basketball IQ and his legitimacy as a top player in this league are not worthy of top five in this league.

Top Five Hands down: Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, James, Bryant... no room for Wade

waiting list: Dirk, Marion, Brand, Nash

13. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Luck they got shaq? Maybe, but everyone has luck. Eg Spurs lose robinson for a year, they get duncan. That is luck.
    I dont want to start a lebron v wade, but Lebron is so much poorer on D than wade. Wade is great with the ball, bad without it. Wade can play without the ball. Lebron's jumper aint so great as well. But i agree lebron is better than wade. I dont think marion really is as good as advertised. I think thats nash more than anything.
    Its hard to argue garnett is better than dirk when dirk is leading his team to teh finals and garnett is sittin at home for the 2nd time in 2 years.
    Also u say wade is not even best player on his team. No doubt, but like you say Shaq is in top 5 hands down. You put shaq on any team and hes the best player no doubt. Put shaq with bryant, lebron, garnett, duncan etc shaq is the main hands down. So of course hes not gonan be top player in his team

14. bruin007

Although I still feel he's not top five in the league I have to give Wade some credit for helping the Heat reach the Finals proved me wrong against the Pistons and matchup with dallas should be as Nash himself described it in a post game interview as "an exciting matchup" Can't wait to see MAVS try to contain Shaq.

15. EcinPC

EcinPC JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Heat4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">I've already debunked the "Supporting Cast" theory, and let's face it, it doesn't exactly take the 96 Bulls to make the playoffs in the East (and in Wade's rookie season the 4th seeded Heat were just 2 games above .500, they also started the season 0-9 on pace to being the worst team at the end of the regular season)

If Wade would sign with Nike he would be FAR MORE hyped than LeBron because he actually delivers. And with Hype+Marketing comes the accolades, the respect, and the comparisons to other great players.</div>
    Nike doesn't want him to represent Nike. Nike wants him to represent converse. To increase Nike's revenue as converse is a Nike subsidery. In otherwords he was signed to converse but if he wearse nikes cons won't sue. but he and nike decided it's best for him to represent cons. BTW wade gets attention but Lebron sees more admiration because lack of other stars on the team. Nonetheless they are both seen as teammates. for non point guards they both have an amazing assist per game count.

16. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

How many times has Lebron, Brand, Jermaine, and Marion made it to the finals? D Wade is a top 5 player, maybe even a top 3. Look at what he did to the best defense in the league! He's better than Bron in my books

17. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting bruin007:</div><div class="quote_post">Dwayne Wade and the Heat are lucky the Lakers gave up Shaq for Odom if it wasn't for this trade they wouldnt be in the eastern conference finals. As far as James, Duncan, and Kobe being out of the playoffs you have to admit that LeBron doesnt have much around him and the Western Conference is a much tougher conference than the East you have Pistons, Heat, NJ and... NY? Orlando? where as in the West coast there really wasn't a top team because all the teams were within a few games of eachother all season long (ie Clippers, Lakers, Hornets, JAzz, and Spurs, Suns, Mavs) Yeah I'll admit it I'm not a fan of Wade I think he is overrated as a player when compared to other franchise players in the NBA. Iv'e said before that Wade does not crack top five in the league he isn't even the best player on his own team. Look at his game he has an inconsistent jumper he hacks a lot on defense when they blow past him and he lacks leadership. Fall 7 times and get up 8?... he needs a new marketing agency. THe reason he falls so much is because he's always trying to draw a foul I saw him throw himself in game 5 against pistons complaining for a call when rip was about two feet away from him. HE's an incredible athlete but his basketball IQ and his legitimacy as a top player in this league are not worthy of top five in this league.

Top Five Hands down: Shaq, Duncan, Garnett, James, Bryant... no room for Wade

waiting list: Dirk, Marion, Brand, Nash</div>

Awww is the baby mad because Shaq likes the Heat and Wade more than your Lakers and Kobe? Seriosly man, your arguments are brutal? Nobody outside of Iverson sacrifices his body more than Wade.

18. Midnight Green

Midnight Green NFLC nflcentral.net Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting reeling:</div><div class="quote_post">Thats why even Chauncy Billups said Wade is playing better than Lebron James[​IMG] Gotcha. Don't be too upset that after an off night in Miami we swept your Nets and Wade took the spotlight from Carter.[​IMG]</div>
    Billups didn?t say those exact words. Not trying to say Lebron is better than Wade. Both players are great at what they do for their respected organizations. Why can?t people just accept these two great young talents, embrace them, and watch them grow? Every time I see a thread on this forum giving one of those two players props, I see the other players fan base come in and say something along the lines of ?____ is still better?. People need to get over it both of them are great players leave it at that.

As far as Wade not getting props for leading his team to the second round his rookie year. I agree to a certain extent, but not entirely. Wade did get his props sportscenter showed his game winning shot, the true NBA fans embraced him, and the Heat fans adored him. Now did he get as much props as Lebron would have if it was him in the situation? Probably not. Hey what are you going to do though?

Not to get off topic, but does anyone feel like when the Heat got Shaq it sort of put a handicap on Wade? By handicap I mean an excuse for fans to say the only reason Wade is doing the things he is right now is due to Shaq.

19. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

Billups said something like when they were finally past Bron, they didn't think they would face someone like him but apparently they did.

20. AIRTIGHT

AIRTIGHT JBB JustBBall Member

Black Mamba _ on Kobe vs Jordan

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">
    Shaq makes it easier to grab boards and get assists. He also draws attention and makes it easier to score. I'm not saying Wade is a bad player or that he would suck without Shaq, becuase I like Wade a lot. I'm just saying some of his numbers are because of the presence of Shaq. </div>