Why does Wade never get his props?

Discussion in 'Miami Heat' started by reeling, May 24, 2006.

1. TheFreshPrince

TheFreshPrince JBB JustBBall Member

^^Brand is overrated because some people think he is better than one of the most versatile players ever.

The one year kg had decent talent around him they made wcf as an injury ridden team that lost to the then healthy Hall of Fame lakers. It's not hard to tell that i like KG but come on. He averaged more 20 10 5's in a row than bird as well as being able to dominated defensively, while leading the league in boards and being able to hit a shot from anywhere.

Kg had cassell for half of the playoffs (the other half KG played the point!) spree past his prime and olowakandi for god's sake. Plus the bench consisted of hoiberg and wally world. you give him cassell healthy, mobley, maggette and kaman. with livinston off the bench they are contending for the title every year.

2. AIRTIGHT

AIRTIGHT JBB JustBBall Member

Haha, Mamba, you come out and close a thread after my posts citing " it was going nowhere" --- this thread has Dwayne Wade on the top line. The last like 7 posts havent even mentioned his name

3. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting TheFreshPrince:</div><div class="quote_post">^^Brand is overrated because some people think he is better than one of the most versatile players ever.
    </div>

This past season it was pretty close. I'd argue Brand was better.

But, I think it's more a case of KG being underrated than Brand being overrated.

4. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

Duncan > Dirk > Brand > Amarie > KG (although I could switch up the order at any point, because ALL of them are great)..........JO isn't on the same level as these 5 and Bosh still has some growing to do......but yeah Wade gets his props and respect.....he doesn't get the hype Lebron does, but he's still recognized as one of the top talents in the league.

5. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

After this season, I'm not so sure how good Amare really is.

I mean, Boris Dias was nearly a 20/10 in the playoffs. Perhaps Amare's numbers last season were inflated because all the 3-point shooting gave him more room to operate inside, much like with Diaw in the Dallas series.

6. TheFreshPrince

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting durvasa:</div><div class="quote_post">This past season it was pretty close. I'd argue Brand was better.

But, I think it's more a case of KG being underrated than Brand being overrated.</div>

I'll agree with you on that, except for the part of brand maybe being better.
    Wade is a beast, he should get talked about more imo.

7. Kobethelegend

Kobethelegend JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Heat4Life:</div><div class="quote_post">Anyways I think he does get his props but not from outside the NBA (media is not part of NBA IMO)

I love hearing all the "Who's more closer to Jordan: Kobe or LeBron" with no mentiones of Wade. There's no mention of who was the last SG to score 27+ppg at 50%+ FG (Jordan) and there's no guard doing that today not named Dwyane Wade. There's no mention of how Wade is by far more clutch than those two guys and not just on offense. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were able to put up big scoring numbers W/O shooting 3pters. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan both came into the league with an OK jumpshot and it got deadly as they worked on it. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan, who were previously regarded as horrible 3pt shooters, both showcased their 3pt shot in a way that grabbed the world's attention. There's no mention of how Wade is on par to have a way more successful career than Kobe (assuming Kobe still thinks he never needed Shaq [or anyone else for that matter], if not then I take that back) and LeBron. There's no mention of how Wade and Jordan were both the most overlooked players in their draft and how other teams would pay greatly for not picking them.

Wade doesn't get the respect but, whatever, when it's all said and done, like Jordan, you would have no choice but to respect him.</div>

Are you serious? Wade doesn't have a "deadly" jump shot. Wade isnt clutch when it comes to Kobe. Kobe has hit so many huge shots, you cant even compare them in that regard. And yeah, Wade was passed up by a few teams, but Kobe was the 13th pick and then traded. You dont think those 13 teams are kicking theirselves in the butt do you? I think that would be safe to say.

8. AIRTIGHT

AIRTIGHT JBB JustBBall Member

You late getting to this thread man? We already decided Wade is better than Kobe

9. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Everyone is better than Kobe according to your standards AIRTIGHT. [​IMG]

10. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

The peanut I just ate had a better jump shot than Kobe will ever have.

11. TheFreshPrince

12. playmaker15

playmaker15 JBB Droppin Dimes

Right now it looks like Dwyane Wade is the best player on the planet. That being said, Kobe had a much better season on a worse team. Wade is in that category and if you won't say that than your either a Bulls/Nets/Pistons/Mavericks fan(not saying all of their fans are this way) or just a complete moron. Two straight 40 point games in HUGE games, How did people vote Dirk over Kobe and Wade? Dirk has completely chocked and shown how soft he is when it comes to a physical gae.

13. Brasco

Brasco JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting playmaker15:</div><div class="quote_post">Right now it looks like Dwyane Wade is the best player on the planet. That being said, Kobe had a much better season on a worse team. Wade is in that category and if you won't say that than your either a Bulls/Nets/Pistons/Mavericks fan(not saying all of their fans are this way) or just a complete moron. Two straight 40 point games in HUGE games, How did people vote Dirk over Kobe and Wade? Dirk has completely chocked and shown how soft he is when it comes to a physical gae.</div>

To be fair MVP is a regular season award dirk played great in the regualar season 62 wins, wade had struggles without shaq. if they had a playoff mvp then it'd defenetly be wade.

14. XSV

XSV JBB The Virve Dynasty

^ I don't want to pull up the stats, but we already proved on another thread that Wade played just as well if not better without Shaq. I believe Durvasa proved it. I hate when people try and say "well, Wade is good because he has Shaq..." That's BS. With Kobe fans it was always: "kobe would put up better numbers but he has to defer to Shaq." but with Wade it's the opposite? Make up your minds people.

15. WadeDynasty

WadeDynasty JBB JustBBall Member

Alright after this series, win or lose, Wade is going to get his props that he deserves. He'll get more hype than he ever did. So what a few people on this thread don't like him. Be it. Wade is an unbelievable player. Got more people like him than hate him.