Politics Why don't Republicans care?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

So where's your answer to his question?

barfo

2. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

This 110%.

Question for all those in denial about our border security problem.

After you eliminate wars and military conflicts. Which border area in the world has the most violent crimes? Serious crimes such as murders if you want an easy way to look it up.

bodyman5000 and 1 and MARIS61 like this.
  3. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    The Statue of Liberty's original purpose was to celebrate the friendship between America and France, how it helped Americans achieve liberty, and most importantly celebrate our Republic which guarantees that liberty.

It had nothing whatsoever to do with immigration, welcoming immigrants, or even acknowledging immigrants.

The poem was added nearly 2 decades after the statue was placed, 38 years after it's creation began, by elite liberal activists against the wishes of many Americans and the artist who created it in the first place. Defacing an historic monument from an ally and converting it to a political ad.

The modern day equivalent of Michael Jackson buying The Beatles' songs, then selling them to be used for advertising products.

4. twobullz

twobullz Well-Known Member

The thing is most illegal aliens in the US overstay their visa's but republicans could care less about those people, they just want to focus on the ones coming across one border. So it is not illegal aliens are so worried and focused on, they just focus on Hispanics. But once again that is just the republican way. this discussion is why don't republicans care about the wrongs trump does. None will answer that questions they just will try to deflect and change the subject. This discussion has nothing to do with HIllary, Obama, Biden, the border, those are just the go to tactics to change a subject because they won't admit that we have the most corrupt President in the history of this country in the office right now.

5. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

very solid post!

i cant say i disagree with much of this. I would, however, like to point out, that to the non trump supporting republics, many of the dems come off very much the same...”believers”. especially when you bring Antifa into the discussion.
    The other thing i would like to point out is that i don't think there has been a president who hasn't lied.
    By no means am i making excuses, as i do believe one of the major political problems we have is lack of trust in our leaders, stemmed from their dishonesty.
    But to say that Trump is the antichrist creating divide in this country because of this, is disingenuous and i would hope that rational dems would be able to separate themselves from the extremes that do believe this and i don't really see it happening.
    i see a larger divide between trump republicans and nontrump republicans, than i do dems and extremists dems.
    With that said i don't see all. :)

I 100% agree on the pendulum reference though. Thats a very good analogy of the situation, which also ties into my point.
    Regardless of how anyone feels about trump, the only way to stop this pendulum from flipping completely upside down into anarchy is to drop the extremisms and the accusations of wrongdoings of the past and look for solutions for partisan communication to provide answers on how to make things better moving forward.
    Right now i see many more dems not working on solutions, but pointing fingers.

saw a great meme the other day.

republicans 2020 campaign agenda:

Illegal immigrant control
    foreign relations
    Tax cuts
    Economic stimuli

Democrats 2020 campaign agenda:

hate trump
    Impeach trump
    Attack trump

Not so far from the truth from what i see.
    If only i heard more positive ideas and solutions for the future from the dems, i might be influenced to vote for a dem candidate, but as long as its just a hate driven agenda, it turns me back to vote my party line.

this pendulum started before Trump, as you noted, and so i do not hold him responsible for it happening.
    I do however, hold him responsible for letting it continue to grow or not trying to stem the division. there is no doubt he is not a unifier. But i also don't see him as the antichrist like so many like to paint him out to be.

6. Orion Bailey

Orion Bailey Forum Troll

read my previous post. I think it pretty much answers it?

7. oldfisherman

The focus is not on Hispanics. The focus is on anyone that can harm our country and citizens.

It is well known that terrorist organizations have working relations with drug/people smugglers in Mexico.

Here is the point the dems are missing.

I do not believe Trumps wall is the best answer to this problem. But, it is a far better answer than the dems response of leading their tribe over a cliff and diving head first into quicksand.

My point is, the dems need to be selling a better product than Trump. Come up with a better plan that addresses immigration issues, both outside and inside our country, and I will vote for it.

Beat Trump at his own game.

MARIS61 and Hoopguru like this.
  8. twobullz

twobullz Well-Known Member

So what you are saying is you don't care about any of the illegal things trump has done. All you care about is the southern border. Really that is your biggest issue?

That right there is the issue. You could care less about the fact that the entire world is laughing at our leadership. You could care less about how corrupt Trump is. All that matters is keeping people from crossing the southern border. Drugs and bad people are coming in through all points of entries, at massive rates and all you are focusing on is one, where the hispanics are coming from. No matter how you spin it that is the only border and issue that trump supporters care about. And trump understand this and will keep spinning it as such a major issue to keep you and all his other supporters from opening your eyes and seeing just what a corrupt individual he is.

Propagandist likes this.
  9. ABM

ABM Happily Married In Music City, USA!

Commercial Real Estate
    A pirate calling something "cute" is problematic at best. But, anyway, plank on.

MARIS61 likes this.
  10. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    His game is lying and attacking innocent people with derogatory names and hooking up with criminals and enabling them. . He also is obsessed with anything that has Obama attached to it as he continually tries to destroy policies that were passed during that administration. Is that the game the rest of the country needs to adhere to? He doesn't care if it helps the country he just cares that anything Obama did is eliminated.

11. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    I've got friends in fire & rescue when you're on suicide watch come November.

MARIS61 likes this.
  12. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Every time you post you show your ignorance.

"It had nothing whatsoever to do with immigration, welcoming immigrants, or even acknowledging immigrants."

Really?...How the hell do you think this country was founded?

13. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

Maybe there's a bit of willful ignorance of the democratic agenda on your part? Here's a list of bills (that I found on the web) the Democratic-controlled House passed this past year.
    You may not think any of them are good ideas, but I think you would be hard pressed to classify all of them as 'hate Trump, impeach Trump, attack Trump'.

Health care
    • House Resolution 259 — Medicaid Extenders Act of 2019
    • H.R. 271 — Condemning the Trump Administration’s Legal Campaign to Take Away Americans’ Health Care
    • H.R. 986 — Protecting Americans with Preexisting Conditions Act of 2019
    • H.R. 987 — Strengthening Health Care and Lowering Prescription Drug Costs Act
    • H.R. 1520, the Purple Book Continuity Act (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)
    • H.R. 1503, the Orange Book Transparency Act of 2019 (bill aimed at lowering the cost of prescription drugs)
    Civil rights
    • H.R. 1 — For the People Act of 2019
    • H.R. 5 — Equality Act
    • H.R. 6 — American Dream and Promise Act
    • H.R. 7 — Paycheck Fairness Act
    • H.R. 124 — Expressing opposition to banning service in the Armed Forces by openly transgender individuals
    Gun control
    • H.R. 8 — Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2019
    • H.R. 1112 — Enhanced Background Checks Act of 2019
    Environment
    • H.R. 9 — Climate Action Now Act
    • H.R. 1331 — Local Water Protection Act
    • S. 47 — National Resources Management Act
    • H.R. 2578 — National Flood Insurance Program Extension Act of 2019
    • H.R. 205, 1146, 1941 — Banning Offshore Drilling on Atlantic, Pacific, Eastern Gulf and ANWR Coasts
    Military/foreign affairs
    • H.R. 840 — Veterans’ Access to Child Care Act
    • H.J. Res. 37 — Directing the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
    • S.J. Res. 7 — To direct the removal of United States Armed Forces from hostilities in the Republic of Yemen that have not been authorized by Congress
    • H.R. 31 — Caesar Syria Civilian Protection Act of 2019
    • H.J. Res. 30 — Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation
    • H.R. 4695 — Protect Against Conflict by Turkey Act
    • H.R. 676 — NATO Support Act
    • H.R. 549 — Venezuela TPS Act
    Other major legislation
    • H.R. 1585 — Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2019
    • H.R. 987 — Raise the Wage Act
    • H.R. 1500 — Consumers First Act
    • H.R. 1994 — SECURE Act/Gold Star Family Tax Relief Act
    • H.R. 2722 — Securing America’s Federal Elections (SAFE) Act
    • H.R. 4617 — Stopping Harmful Interference in Elections for a Lasting Democracy (SHIELD) Act
    • H.R. 1644 — Save the Internet Act of 2019
    • H.R. 2157 — Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2019
    • H.R. 397 — Rehabilitation for Multiemployer Pensions Act (The Butch Lewis Act)
    • H.R. 2513 — The Corporate Transparency Act
    • H.R. 269 — Pandemic and All-Hazards Preparedness and Advancing Innovation Act of 2019
    • H.R. 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards Program Extension Act
    • S.24 — Government Employee Fair Treatment Act of 2019
    • H.R. 430 — TANF Extension Act of 2019
    • Concurring in the Senate Amendments to HR 251 — Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standard Program Extension Act
    • H.R. 790 — Federal Civilian Workforce Pay Raise Fairness Act of 2019
    • HJ Res. 46 — Relating to a national emergency declared by the President on February 15, 2019
    • H Res. 183 — Condemning anti-Semitism as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contradictory to the values and aspirations that define the people of the United States and condemning anti-Muslim discrimination and bigotry against minorities as hateful expressions of intolerance that are contrary to the values and aspirations of the United States, as amended
    • H Res. 194 — Rule Providing for Consideration of H.R. 1644 and H.R. 2021
    • H.R. 2480 — Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act
    • H.R. 375 — To amend the Indian Reorganization Act of 1934 to reaffirm the authority of the Secretary of the Interior to take land into trust for Indian Tribes (also known as the “Carcieri Fix”)

barfo

14. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

^^^ FAKE NEWS ! FAKE NEWS !

15. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    I remember hearing there are like 200 bills on moscow mitche's desk from the house that he has refused to bring to the floor as he is only interested in trying to stack the court system with judges. trump is the party of corruption and his blind followers have no clue and they sit back and continue to make excuses for him. We have some trump puppets in this forum and in this thread.

twobullz likes this.
  16. oldfisherman

First, you do not have a clue what I think.

As far as Trump. What I care about is the "process" of finding out if what he did was illegal, or not.

FYI, I did not vote for Trump. I do not like how he does things. And if you research my past posts on Trump. You will find my prediction made before he became president, that he would self destruct.

So if he is found guilty, we move on to fixing this countries problems. If not, he is a better option then the dem candidates. Which should tell you something about how bad I think they are.

We deal every day with people that have lied to us, and have done something illegal. So yes, I do care about my families safety much more than ranting about yet one more alledged criminal.

Hoopguru and yankeesince59 like this.
  17. ABM

Commercial Real Estate
    Thus far, you're missing on that notion...

18. oldfisherman

ABM, I also could not find that post. Maybe I made the comment on another site? Added a few of my many Trump quotes made before the election, for laughs.

19. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    100,000 illegal immigrants with criminal records, including overstays which are illegal immigrants, were deported in 2018. From all over the world.

20. MARIS61

MARIS61 Real American

retired Yankee
    I was referring to the Statue of Liberty.

WTF are you babbling about now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.