Politics Why don't Republicans care?

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by Stevenson, Jan 16, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yankeesince59

yankeesince59 "Oh Captain, my Captain".

Which is exactly why I used "sparky"...you seem to want to have a convo but when a reply doesn't suit you, you also seem have some sort of fixation of replying with condescending comments...and so I decided to return the favor.

2. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

3. Hoopguru

Hoopguru Well-Known Member

Trump and Joe both have lose lips that can sink ships! Both have big time ego's and are idiots.
    I just don't Joe will get the nomination.

4. Lanny

Lanny Original Season Ticket Holder "Mr. Big Shot"

Elec. & Computer Engineer OSU Computer Science PSU
    Let's get this right, TBpup:
    From Wikipedia -
    "Congress appropriated $400million in military aid to Ukraine for fiscal year 2019, to be used to spend on weapons and other equipment as well as programs to assist the Ukrainian military in combating threats from Putin's Russia and Russian-backed separatists of the self-proclaimed separatist entities in eastern Ukraine."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump–Ukraine_scandal

Obama was at home with his family and all moved out of the White House long before that.

I have no idea where you got a wild eyed thought that somehow Obama had held up this aid. Maybe more research would have cleared the air.

5. Lanny

Huh? Obama Care is nothing of substance? Try removing it and see the reaction.

6. Lanny

"It is well known that terrorist organizations have working relations with drug/people smugglers in Mexico."
    It is well known by who? Trump? You?
    How about a credible link? Please don't consider a statement by Barr to be credible.
    An assertion in a debate needs credible evidence.

7. yankeesince59

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm no fan of Biden's either and if there is dirt on him it should be brought to light. But at this point the main reason he is being a topic of conversation is because Trump and the GOP have made it an issue in an effort to divert attention away from Trump's faux pas.

Unless someone else decides to challenge Trump for the GOP nod I'll be forced to go with either Klobuchar, Pete, Steyer, or Bloomberg, in no particular order of preference.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    Hoopguru and Lanny like this.
  8. Lanny

Look guys, it's not for me to decide. All I can do is see the writing on the wall and I see that Biden is our next President. Is there a chance that it could be another Democrat? Sure, but the chances are slim to none.

9. yankeesince59

That's the way it's looking at this point, Lanny. Biden is not my first choice but if it comes down to Trump or Biden, yeah, I'll definitely go with Biden.

10. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

UncleCliffy'sDaddy We're all Bozos on this bus.

Not sure what wall you’re reading, as the only people pushing the “Biden as front runner” narrative is the MSM. The guy has “loser” written all over him, and if he’s the Democratic candidate I (and more than a few people I know) will vote Libertarian (again) this fall, consequences be damned. Biden is just more of the same regurgitated business as usual that led to the Trump debacle.....

Hoopguru and SlyPokerDog like this.
  11. yankeesince59

Do you think a solid/viable Libertarian would take more votes away from Trump or Biden?

12. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

Don’t know and really don’t care. Sometime you just have to vote your conscience and let the chips fall where they will. But if I had to guess, I’d say the majority of the votes would come from Sleazy Donny’s side of the ledger.....but then, people in general are lemmings, so who really knows?

13. SlyPokerDog

SlyPokerDog Woof! Staff Member Administrator

UncleCliffy'sDaddy likes this.
  14. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    It's been explained a million times. The USA withheld the funds for the benefit of the country and the rest of the world while trump withheld the funds for the benefit of his re-election campaign. Do you really not see the difference? You trump believers need to stop enabling his corruption.

Border wall: Mexico was suppose to pay for it and now trump steals funds from other departments to build a wall

Tax Cut: Benefits the 1% and barely a benefit for the middle class

Tax Cuts for the middle class: These were announced by trump right before the 2018 elections to try and boost voting for the republicans and it never materialized once the elections were over. False advertising

Syria: Pulls out troops to the benefit of Turkey and Russia and leaves millions of Kurds vulnerable as the region goes ballistic causing thousands of deaths

Iran: Takes out a high ranking Iranian general without alerting Iraq, congress or any of the other countries effected causing a possible retaliation in the future which puts more peoples lives in danger

Trump acts like a school yard bully with name calling, personal attacks and lies.

Mar A Lago: Shouldn't the government own that property by now with all the funds being channeled to trumps properties to his benefit to take more vacations than pretty much any other president

NAFTA: Tears up NAFTA only to present another deal that is being called Nafta 2.0 so that his name is attached to it

North Korea: Kim Jun Un plays trump like a fiddle and continues their nuclear program while trump touts NK has agreed to denuclearize which is proven false

Those a re just some of the issues as the list can go on and on, but yet guys like you continue to enable him for whatever reason

15. yankeesince59

Gotta believe there's some data somewhere that might shed some light on my question. Instead of strictly voting Right or Left, I'd prefer to vote more in the middle but if it is shown that voting Libertarian would actually benefit Trump there's no way I'd vote in a way that would actually help return Trump to office.

I totally get the "vote my conscience" stance but I think I also need to be practical. What I'm saying is that if I'm confronted with having another 4 years of Trump or one of the 4 hopefuls I mention earlier, I'd certainly vote more so against Trump. BUT, if there were a Libertarian who has a real shot at beating Trump I'd probably lean that way. Regardless, simply voting Libertarian might either help or hurt Trump, which is why I posed the question.

It's quite a conundrum.

16. oldfisherman

oldfisherman Unicorn Wrangler

First, Mexico's drug/people smugglers operate under the rules of show me the money. They will take anyone accross the border, without a character test or background check, including terrorist.

Second, one of the sources of money for the terrorists is their drug smuggling trade. Tons of info on this topic. Some of the drugs the terrorist in Iran and Afganistain smuggle does end up in the USA. With the Mexican smugglers as middlemen. That can not happen without a working relationship between the terrorist and drug cartels.

Hoopguru likes this.
  17. UncleCliffy'sDaddy

Unfortunately, I don’t anticipate a strong Libertarian candidate. But one can hope. My first (and only) choice for a Democratic candidate is Klobuchar. Of anyone on the horizon of either main party, she is far and away the most centrist candidate. She’s remained even keeled and steadfast, while every other candidate (including Trump) has spewed out whatever pandering bullshit will win votes. AK is a pragmatist and a plodder who just might plod her way into the nomination. I’m actually looking forward to the Democratic National Convention......unless the DNC hijacks the process again and anoints their own chosen candidate (again) prior to the convention. IMHO, the Democrats were a shoe in in 2016 until Wassermann Schultz handed the nomination to her self entitled BFF. That pissed off WAY too many voters, (including yours truly....who is not now and never was a Bernie fan). It’s highly unlikely they’ve learned anything despite the shit show of the past 3+ years........so yeah, unless things change, I’m Libertarian or bust.

18. CupWizier

CupWizier Well-Known Member

retired
    Do you know that 90% of the drugs coming into the country usually come through the port of entry? How does a wall stop that? More security and technology should be used to detect these drugs and smugglers rather than build a wall that Mexico was suppose to pay for.

19. yankeesince59

I also like Amy Klobuchar the most out of the current crop....I also like Pete but I think his sexuality will at this point too much to overcome...and unless there's a viable Libertarian, Blomberg or Steyer would be my next choices

20. yankeesince59

THIS^^^...the amount of drugs smuggled across the border on the backs of immigrants in minuscule compared to bulk shipments.

Lanny likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.