Why I want the US Mens Basketball team to win Gold

Discussion in 'PyeongChang 2018' started by cpawfan, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Real

Real Dumb and Dumbest

Shake is jealous of the Nets because they blew their team up and have a shot at a big name FA in 2010 while the Raptors are stuck with a soft, injury prone big and the thought in their heads (no matter how remote or how high the possibility) that Bosh might bolt. Even with their best team in years they couldn't beat us in one of our worst years.

2. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real @ Aug 5 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Shake is jealous of the Nets because they blew their team up and have a shot at a big name FA in 2010 while the Raptors are stuck with a soft, injury prone big and the thought in their heads (no matter how remote or how high the possibility) that Bosh might bolt. Even with their best team in years they couldn't beat us in one of our worst years.</div>
    Ouch/pwned.

I do think there's the small possibility that Bosh might bolt. Regardless of how that situation plays out though, I'm going to get tremendous schadenfreude from watching the Nets sign absolutely no one significant in 2010.

3. pegs

pegs My future wife.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chutney @ Aug 5 2008, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Real @ Aug 5 2008, 07:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Shake is jealous of the Nets because they blew their team up and have a shot at a big name FA in 2010 while the Raptors are stuck with a soft, injury prone big and the thought in their heads (no matter how remote or how high the possibility) that Bosh might bolt. Even with their best team in years they couldn't beat us in one of our worst years.</div>
    Ouch/pwned.

I do think there's the small possibility that Bosh might bolt. Regardless of how that situation plays out though, I'm going to get tremendous <s>schadenfreude</s> sadness and disappointment from watching the Nets sign <s>absolutely no one significant</s> Chris Bosh in 2010.
    </div>

I don't know how, but it'll happen.

And I wouldn't be disappointed at all if we didn't sign anyone - even if we sucked, it'd simply end up in a lottery pick and a chance at a big-name player through the draft or in a trade.

4. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

I wouldn't be happier if the Nets failed to sign LeBron James.

And by the way, I don't plan to watch the Olympics. After the IOC banned true amateurs from competing after Eddie the Eagle's tremendously thrilling and joyful performance, it lost all relevance to me.