Why?

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Oct 26, 2004.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I just wanted to state my opinions on last nights fight. I am really dissapointed in the Wizard players, mainly Hughes and Haywood. It is preseason, and I love the desire in their eyes, but Hughes...give Deng the easy basket, you could of seriously injured him by pushing Hinrich into him.

Haywood, first of all you shouldnt be swinging at players, but if you do, please dont punch and run away like a little girl. Yes games get heated, but fighting is not necessary, especially throwing cheap shots around like that. C'mon you are grown men, we do not need this possibly wrecking team chemistry.

As for the Bulls players, the only one I am dissapointed in and have lost ALL RESPECT FOR is Eddy Curry. He took a shot at Haywood's private parts when Haywood was down on the floor, that is the ultimate act of cowardness in my books and was uncalled for, especially because you were not one of the 3 Bulls players (Hinrich, Deng, and AD) involved in the ordeal...just my opinions share yours if you want.

2. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">I just wanted to state my opinions on last nights fight. I am really dissapointed in the Wizard players, mainly Hughes and Haywood. It is preseason, and I love the desire in their eyes, but Hughes...give Deng the easy basket, you could of seriously injured him by pushing Hinrich into him.

Haywood, first of all you shouldnt be swinging at players, but if you do, please dont punch and run away like a little girl. Yes games get heated, but fighting is not necessary, especially throwing cheap shots around like that. C'mon you are grown men, we do not need this possibly wrecking team chemistry.

As for the Bulls players, the only one I am dissapointed in and have lost ALL RESPECT FOR is Eddy Curry. He took a shot at Haywood's private parts when Haywood was down on the floor, that is the ultimate act of cowardness in my books and was uncalled for, especially because you were not one of the 3 Bulls players (Hinrich, Deng, and AD) involved in the ordeal...just my opinions share yours if you want.</div>

Come on dude, LOL! Curry didnt hit the man there on purpose (at least knowing that there are cameras everywhere.) LOL!

3. mike18946

mike18946 JBB

4. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting michiganave17:</div><div class="quote_post">Come on dude, LOL! Curry didnt hit the man there on purpose (at least knowing that there are cameras everywhere.) LOL!</div>

Curry shouldnt of been hitting him anyways. It was between Haywood and Davis..thats it, Curry should of stayed out of it...and I dont care if he was trying to hit him there on purpose..you do not swing on that area especially when a guy CANT protect himself...

5. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

Thanks Allnet, I've been trying to find that.

It's kind of sad that the guards are the ones who have to administer the hurt. Hughes shouldn't even have to be doing that mess. It's more that fault of big men on the Wiz for giving them a soft rep.

I'm entitled to my opinions. Lose the vendetta just because I'm speaking the truth.

6. ChicagoSportsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">Curry shouldnt of been hitting him anyways. It was between Haywood and Davis..thats it, Curry should of stayed out of it...and I dont care if he was trying to hit him there on purpose..you do not swing on that area especially when a guy CANT protect himself...</div>

Relax bro! You act like I offenede you or something. Your not the one who got punched. But in reply to your statement a cheap blow deserves a cheap blow. that punch was unintentional but it was good carma. (what went around came around.) the circle has been completed. Dont take these boards so seriously.

ONE!(love)

7. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting michiganave17:</div><div class="quote_post">Relax bro! You act like I offenede you or something. Your not the one who got punched. But in reply to your statement a cheap blow deserves a cheap blow. that punch was unintentional but it was good carma. (what went around came around.) the circle has been completed. Dont take these boards so seriously.

ONE!(love)</div>

You didnt offend me, but are you telling me you wouldnt feel the same way I do if someone hit you..its just a respect and maturity thing. That was an immature move by Eddy Curry and it was uncalled for..thats all I am trying to say..

8. ChicagoSportsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">You didnt offend me, but are you telling me you wouldnt feel the same way I do if someone hit you..its just a respect and maturity thing. That was an immature move by Eddy Curry and it was uncalled for..thats all I am trying to say..</div>

Just as Haywoods swing was uncalled for and immature. CARMA was swift for Haywood.

9. Mamba

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting michiganave17:</div><div class="quote_post">Just as Haywoods swing was uncalled for and immature. CARMA was swift for Haywood.</div>

Yes I agree very much with you, but your not going to sit here and tell me that Curry's wasnt the lowest blow of the night?

10. ChicagoSportsFan

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes I agree very much with you, but your not going to sit here and tell me that Curry's wasnt the lowest blow of the night?</div>

LOL! Let it go.

11. Jurassic

Jurassic Trend Setter

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Kobe 8 Ball:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes I agree very much with you, but your not going to sit here and tell me that Curry's wasnt the lowest blow of the night?</div>

No, actually Larry Hughes' was, because he could have injured two people.

12. Twisted42008

Twisted42008 JBB JustBBall Member

I noticed that Curry Hit Haywood right in the bottom of the stomach and not in his privates

13. Vyper

Vyper -Vintage '73-

jaded corporate lackey
    <div class="quote_poster">Quoting AllNet:</div><div class="quote_post">Just incase anyone's interested here Is the clip

Clip-Davis v Haywood</div>

[​IMG]

On Haywood : "If he backs up any faster they're gonna issue him a French passport." [​IMG]

at anyrate,completely unneeded by Hughes. i don't see what the reasoning was for that. i know he wanted to stop him from scoring...but to quote Chappelle that was a complete "bitch move".

14. TheMegaGreg

TheMegaGreg JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

I don't see why people are so hyped up about these brawls in the NBA. This is a nightly occurance in the NHL.

15. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">by me on another thread
    That fight was crazy, I understand Haywood shouldn't have pushed Hinrich but Davis took it way too far. He did kind of embarras Haywood a little. And I used to like Eddy Curry, but now I have no respect for him. Anytime you come out of nowhere in a fight and hit somebody in the balls, you lose all of your respect. Let's give Curry the biggest suspension out of anyone of them</div>

That's how I feel.

16. TheMegaGreg

TheMegaGreg JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

Why would you suspend Eddie Curry? First of all, with your whole "hitting him in the genitals" arguement.
    a) In the heat of a moment, with tempers flaring, who knows how you'd react?
    [​IMG] With Refs, Teammates, and Coaches trying to break it up; it really didnt seem like Curry was in much control of his actions (ie It seemed he was pushed around a bit)
    c) I didnt see anyone getting hit in the genitals in that video at all. It looked like lower abdomen but clearly above the area you all speak of. I really doubt it a 300+ man hit anyone there, they would get up and "shake if off" as Haywood did.

This is anot a "highschool Fight" this is grown men. Suspend one of them when a dozen were involved. If you suspend anyone, it should be Larry Hughes, that was a FLAGARANT FOUL 3. There is no doubt of that at all. They gave Karl Malone a Flagarant 2 last year for a "moving screen." Hughes actions were nothing more then childish, and ignorant. Two young players could have has their careers haulted, or maybe even ended (look at T.J. Ford, the hit he took last year didn't look that bad at first, until he was on the stretcher).

I am glad that AD stood up to his teamates. After all the talk about players abandoning their teams, and putting themselves above the team (TMac, Carter, Baron Davis, Jason Kidd, Kobe Bryant, and so many others) it is about time we see some actually concern about teamates. I have always like AD, and now I have more respect for him then I did.

17. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post"> but Davis took it way too far.</div> PSHHHH, thats stupid, Haywood had it coming, and i'm glad he got it. It's wrong that any of that even happened, but haywood's gotta be taught a lesson, you don't just hit someone like that all cheap shotty and then run away like a wuss. You hit them, then you take it and you fight them back if they come at you. But first off, you dont even hit them. Hughes is a punk and made an extremely stupid move. No respect should be given to him, hes just a punk davis shoulda beat his ass.

18. S.Livingston14

S.Livingston14 JBB JustBBall Member

Looks like we got some Bulls fans up in the Wizards section. Get outta here!! LOL, nah I'm playing. Good argument.

19. twool913

twool913 JBB JustBBall Member

Well i'm not a particular fan of any team, i'd like the bulls and wizards to do well this season, since they have an abundance of young talent and should do well. I like basketball is what i say. But yeah i dunno it all got out of hand though, i'll give you that.

20. BullsFan4Ever

BullsFan4Ever JBB JustBBall Member

Hughes in my opinion should have gotten the biggest fine and suspension because without the push (you are a dirty little <font color="blue">EDIT</font> Larry) tempers would not have flared and the whole thing would not have happened.
    Haywood bit off more than he could chew slapping A.D. and he knew it after the fact, he ran like a scared little school girl.
    I am a tried and true,die hard Bulls fan for many years... that being said Curry you dont ever punch a guy in the gonads never ever. Unintentional or not this was not his fight and you dont ever, ever, ever do you hear me,EVER punch a guy in the nads or anywhere near the nads!
    Hinrich is the guy who got screwed here, what the hell did he get fined for, I never saw him throw a punch he just wanted to know from Hughes what the hell that was for and let him know that that was a <font color="blue">EDIT</font> move on his part.
    Wizards and Bulls fans have to agree that what Hughes did was not only stupid but dangerous and the potential for injury alone should warrent a massive fine and a long suspension.

<font color="blue">Watch the language...Please refer to JBB's Guidelines about the language, I will not tolerate it in my forum-Kobe 8 Ball</font>