Will Bobcats Always 'Wait 'Til Next Tear'?

Discussion in 'Charlotte Hornets' started by Shapecity, Apr 25, 2006.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">When I think about the Charlotte Bobcats and free agency, I wonder if they?ll forever be a ?next year?? kind of team.

By that I mean they?ll look at this summer?s class, see it as deficient, and always save their money for ?next year.?? Then the players who look so promising next year fall off the market, and the behavior recycles itself.

The Bobcats say there isn?t much worth spending on this summer, and that?s probably a valid point. For now at least, the summer of 2007 could provide such major players as Antawn Jamison, Dwyane Wade, Dirk Nowitzki, Jamaal Magloire, Vince Carter, Chris Bosh and LeBron James.

Then the question becomes how many of those players (any of those players?) would choose the Bobcats over their current team. You?ll notice that all of them but Bosh are on playoff teams and Bosh has already said he?s committed to signing a maximum contract with Toronto.

In reality, it?s going to take a big gamble - like trading for Carter as the New Jersey Nets did or overpaying for Joe Johnson as the Atlanta Hawks did - to get a veteran of this quality.

Coach-general manager Bernie Bickerstaff says he doesn?t doubt owner Bob Johnson would take such a financial risk. Fine, but until such a move happens, we?ll never really know. </div>

Source

2. Bobcats

Bobcats JBB JustBBall Member

I'm pretty sure Bernie doesn't want to get this team cap-strapped in just 2 years. When he see's a player he likes, he'll pursue.

3. dtpxcore

dtpxcore JBB The Regulator

but, will players want to come to the Bobcats? The Bobcats aren't that attractive to come to.

4. AznxBaller

AznxBaller JBB Back...

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">but, will players want to come to the Bobcats? The Bobcats aren't that attractive to come to.</div>
    Its hard to not see a player go for the money these days so yes, they will want to come to the Bobcats if the front office offers them enough.

5. Fletcher

Fletcher JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting dtpxcore:</div><div class="quote_post">but, will players want to come to the Bobcats? The Bobcats aren't that attractive to come to.</div>No one wanted to go to Toronto or the Grizzlies when they started. Well not like people are begging to now either, but you know what I mean.