Will BRET retire?

Discussion in 'NFC North' started by 4THNLONGFELLOW, Dec 19, 2005.

1. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

Do you think that BRET will retire after this season with the way things have gone? I have to admit I am glad to see things turn around in our division and hope to see it for years to come, sorry.

[​IMG]
    "This may help sort out some retirment issues"!

2. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

Yeah I think he's going to retire... Though if he would come back I think we might be able to put together a wild card contending team if we're healthy but Favre wants a ring and I'm not sure if this team can get him one any longer..

I think he retires...

3. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

There is one problem for farve now. If he is starting QB for packers they wont be super bowl contender. As long as he starts now, they arent contender, he is shell of himself, and just doesnt have enough favors on his various deals to get himself a ring

4. bakes781

bakes781 nfl-*****s member

Brett is an embarassment to the league right now. I can't imagine his current teammates have much respect for him. At the very least they have to have lost all patience with him & the organization for allowing his sorry ass to continue to start in favor of Rodgers only for the sake of maintaining this meaningless streak.

5. DP

DP He shoots, he scores!

No he woulnt. Would you want to leave of a season with a lossing record after haveing great records for so long? I think hes staying.

6. JustBry07

JustBry07 The Underdog

Sometimes you have no choice. When you're done you're done. He should have retired last season and all of this could have been avoided. I do think he's played his last MNF game and will hang up the pads after this season comes to an end. Then again, you never know he may end up coming back for another year but I don't see what good that would do.

7. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Brett is an embarassment to the league right now. I can't imagine his current teammates have much respect for him.</div>
    If Tom Brady were QB'ing the Packers this year, do you think they'd be doing any better? Nope...

I'm sorry, but when you lose four Pro Bowlers on Offense and you're down to your sixth or seventh string running back, there's not much anyone can do. Yeah, Favre has a gaudy interception total this year (tying a career high), but I'll bet at least half of them weren't entirely his fault.

The PACKERS as a TEAM are very much an embarrassment right now...but it's not like it's entirely Favre's fault.

As to the original question here, I think Favre will return if Mike Sherman does.

8. FLORIDA PACKER

FLORIDA PACKER nfl-*****s member

The Packers really made the Ravens look good last night, Once Gado got injured the whole team seemed to just give up, On another Bad note Aaron Rodgers looked like Kyle Boller Usually does! If Brett does retire (I don't think he will) then we are in trouble if we keep Rodgers.

9. bakes781

The Pats have never had 4 pro bowlers on offense yet they've managed to do pretty ok I think. [​IMG]

10. panthersare#1

panthersare#1 The GM

I think Brett should retire, because he is losing his spot to Aaron Rodgers. He is ruining his reputation this year

11. bakes781

However we did lose half our starting OL, RB(for half the season), 3/4s of our secondary & our best DT & LB for half the season & we still won our division.

12. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>However we did lose half our starting OL, RB(for half the season), 3/4s of our secondary & our best DT & LB for half the season & we still won our division.</div>
    Something that suprises me and I thought you should of brought up is that the Patriots are built as a team and have great depth all around. You also have a great coaching staff.. Like PA said this is a rebuilding year for the Packers. We have a new defense installed which had played well up until last night. Down to our 5th string RB now. Lost are biggest threat on offense in Walker. For about 4 games we played with only 3 WR's. Let go 2 pro bowl guards in the off-season. Let go a ball hawk at FS in Sharper in the off-season.. New England is also a better team coming off a Super Bowl win. Playing in a weak divsion and oh yeah you have the best coach in my opinion in the League in Bill Belichick. It's a bunch of BS to compare the Packers to the Patriots. For the past decade New England has been the superior team and will stay that way for a while...

13. bakes781

I'm not comparing the teams. I'm simply saying that Brady could do a better job than Favre.

14. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not comparing the teams. I'm simply saying that Brady could do a better job than Favre.</div>
    Definately, without farves turnovers, that team is 8-8 for the season, he is pulling them down, an albatross around the neck of the franchise.

15. ranman

ranman nfl-*****s member

I dont think that he's going to retire this year. He doesn't want to leave on a losing note. He's going to finish what's left of his contract. After that then I think he will retire.

16. bakes781

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not comparing the teams. I'm simply saying that Brady could do a better job than Favre.</div>
    Definately, without farves turnovers, that team is 8-8 for the season, he is pulling them down, an albatross around the neck of the franchise.</div>
    Ironically comparisons have been made of Rex to Bret & his gunslinger mentality.

17. Bearsfan1

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not comparing the teams. I'm simply saying that Brady could do a better job than Favre.</div>
    Definately, without farves turnovers, that team is 8-8 for the season, he is pulling them down, an albatross around the neck of the franchise.</div>
    Ironically comparisons have been made of Rex to Bret & his gunslinger mentality.</div>
    Rex is the wheeler and dealer bret is [​IMG]

18. porky88

porky88 King of Kings

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bakes781)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not comparing the teams. I'm simply saying that Brady could do a better job than Favre.</div>
    Right now yeah I agree... I think Brady could have the Packers at maybe an 8-8 team but that is at this moment. Though Brady has Belichick who I think is the main reason for the Patriot sucess this decade. Favre is older and is playing bad no doubt about that.. Favre still has it physically but mentally he's not getting it. He's making throws that shouldn't be made.. He should be taking care of the ball much better... Plus this team just doesn't care. Monday Night the Packers came out and played football for a pay check not because they wanted to... Hell I like what I saw of Aaron Rodgers getting into players faces but it didn't look as if anyone cared.

In their prime I would take Favre over Brady but that's not saying Brady isn't as good as Favre. I've seen Favre more as a Packer fan and I'm probably a little bias on that topic and Brady is still got his entire career ahead of him..

19. MKIV_Supra

MKIV_Supra 2006 NFL-*****s FF Grand Champion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FLORIDA PACKER)</div><div class='quotemain'>The Packers really made the Ravens look good last night, Once Gado got injured the whole team seemed to just give up, On another Bad note Aaron Rodgers looked like Kyle Boller Usually does! If Brett does retire (I don't think he will) then we are in trouble if we keep Rodgers.</div>
    Someone said Boller was a carbon copy of Boller, right? Well I guess Rodgers must be really good against the Packers then. [​IMG]

20. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Does anyone know any specifics regarding Favre's contract? The truth is that the Packers' front office may make Favre's decision for him based on what kind of money they are going to owe Favre if they keep him and if they think they're ready to move on without Favre. If the front office is ready to cut Favre loose, then what Favre wants is a moot topic except to speculate if he will play elsewhere and where would he be willing to go.