Will Durant....

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Memphology, Mar 12, 2007.

1. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 13 2007, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My lord...He's clearly a much better player, much better athlete than Rashard Lewis....not even comparable.</div>As much as you want to say that they are not comparable, I am going to say that they actually are comparable. They have very similar skill sets, and talents, as well as body type and frame.-Both are long and Lanky, with the same body type. +Lewis: 6'10-230 +Durant: 6'9-225.-Both are extremely gifted scorers, able to score in a variety of ways. They can score off the dribble, they can score through shooting, both LOVE to shoot the three, they both have beautiful strokes. I know one plays college, and the other plays in the NBA, but their field goal percentages are almost identical for this year. Durant is averaging 47.3 percent from the field, whereas Lewis is averaging 47.4% from the field.-Neither are great playmakers for their teamates, they can set up for themselves to score, but they are not good at setting up their teamates to score.-Neither go into motion as much as they should, there are long amounts of time where Lewis seems content just standing there, and Durant sometimes gets that same idea to just stand there.-Defense is hard to tell, because Durant plays in that 2-3 zone alot that Rick Barnes has always ran, so it's hard to say with defense who is the better because we haven't seen Durant play lengthy periods of man to man defense, however Lewis doesn't play much defense at all so he can't be much worse.-Both are good athletes, saying he is a much better athlete than Lewis in my opinion is a little off. Lewis is a good athlete, and is a huge part of the reason why Seattle plays at a faster pace, to cater to his ability to get out in the open court and run. I see Lewis as being a good athlete. -Rebounding is where Durant is alot better, because Lewis does not like to mix it up inside, where Durant does. However, Lewis still grabs about 7 rebounds a game at the NBA level, so it's not like he's a bad rebounder he just doesn't like to do it. Move set wise, they are similar. Body type, they are similar. The big key to whether Durant will be Lewis, or a superstar in the league is drive and determination.

2. BrewCityBuck

BrewCityBuck The guy with 17,000 Posts.

They are similar, but Kevin Durant is just better at everything Rashard Lewis does and thats what I was getting at. Athleticly in my opinion, Durant is clearly better, Rashard Lewis is not as explosive, doesn't have Durant's lateral movement, a lot quicker off his feet. Durant's a much better passer....etc...They are obviously the same size and can score from everywhere but Durant takes it to a completely different level.

3. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BrewCityBuck @ Mar 13 2007, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>My lord...He's clearly a much better player, much better athlete than Rashard Lewis....not even comparable.</div>Really? Valo summed it up completely - they're both tall, athletic, can shoot from anywhere, can score. Rashard Lewis would've averaged 10 rpg if he had gone to college simply because of his height. The only clear thing Durant has on Lewis is defense. Comparing Durant to guys like Bird or Notwitzki seems a little to unfair and quick. Right now it's safest to say he's most similar to Rashard Lewis.

4. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

Lol I thought its his cousin or something, Will DurantComparing him to Rashard Lewis is a joke... hes the next Tmac

5. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Yall are comparing to much...you can compare to different player just on greatness or how good they are. Like I said, I think Durant will be a better and more effecient scorer than LeBron just because Durants fundamentals are nearly perfect. But I dont think he will be better than Bron. Bron is such a complete player and even though I think Durant will be a better scorer..Bron is a offensive machine as far as points/assists /O. rebounds.

6. Pacers fan forever

Pacers fan forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistol @ Mar 19 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lol I thought its his cousin or something, Will DurantComparing him to Rashard Lewis is a joke... hes the next Tmac</div>Maybe you'd like to read some post to see why it's not a joke.

7. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

I also think people are too quick to compare tall shooting wing players to T-Mac..Tmac is much more like a Point-forward than anything. As far as ive seen..I havent seen Durant rack up 5+assists.

8. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I've seen Durant's passing ability and it's very underated. He has great vision for a guy his size, but on a Texas team lacking a 'go to' scorer, he'll be looking for his shot almost everytime down court.

9. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pacers fan forever @ Mar 19 2007, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Maybe you'd like to read some post to see why it's not a joke.</div>no point too, I have my own opinion

10. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pistol @ Mar 19 2007, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Lol I thought its his cousin or something, Will DurantComparing him to Rashard Lewis is a joke... hes the next Tmac</div>I think comparing him to the next Tmac is a joke, becaues Mcgrady is much more of a playmaker for his teamates than Durant iss. Mcgrady also does not shoot that high percentage that you are seeing Durant shoot this year. Unlike Lewis who does shoot a very high percentage for someone that takes alot of three's and long distance shots. His skill set is alot more like Rashard Lewis's skill set, than any other players skill set in the league. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Mar 19 2007, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I've seen Durant's passing ability and it's very underated. He has great vision for a guy his size, but on a Texas team lacking a 'go to' scorer, he'll be looking for his shot almost everytime down court.</div>He had two other quality scorers on his team in Abrams and Augustin, both could hit jump shots with some degree of consistency, and both could score very well. So saying that he didn't have another scorer on his team is wrong, he did. The fact is, he is not a guy that is going to set up shots for his team. He might develop that ability one day, but right now he does not have that ability like Tracy Mcgrady has.

11. Marvinmartian

Marvinmartian BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (valo35 @ Mar 19 2007, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think comparing him to the next Tmac is a joke, becaues Mcgrady is much more of a playmaker for his teamates than Durant iss. Mcgrady also does not shoot that high percentage that you are seeing Durant shoot this year. Unlike Lewis who does shoot a very high percentage for someone that takes alot of three's and long distance shots. His skill set is alot more like Rashard Lewis's skill set, than any other players skill set in the league. He had two other quality scorers on his team in Abrams and Augustin, both could hit jump shots with some degree of consistency, and both could score very well. So saying that he didn't have another scorer on his team is wrong, he did. The fact is, he is not a guy that is going to set up shots for his team. He might develop that ability one day, but right now he does not have that ability like Tracy Mcgrady has.</div>Sorry man, but he didn't. Both of these kids were good players, but neither was very consistent, especially late in the season and into the Conference and NCAA Tourny's.He was the go to guy, and nooen else really stepped up to help him much, if at all.Just thought I'd throw that in there.

12. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

Durant will be the next Durant. Durant doesn't really play like Lebron. KD is probably a good 1 or 2 inches taller, and he can shoot alot better than Lebron could at age 18 or 19...Durant also doesn't have Lebron's passing ability, but Durant is an astonishly good rebounder. They are two different players. I havnt alot of Kevin Durant, but that's what I've picked up....edit: I think the better comparison would be McGrady, although KD will probablly be a better rebounder in the NBA than T-Mac is.