Will the Warriors make the playoffs?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Will the Warriors make the playoffs and if they do what seed will they get?

2. Warriorsfan

Warriorsfan JBB JustBBall Member

umm no way, its impossible

3. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Warriorsfan:</div><div class="quote_post">umm no way, its impossible</div>

It's possible. [​IMG]

4. OAKC510

OAKC510 JBB JustBBall Member

I had high expectations for this team this year but I guess I'll need to be realistic. My hopes were shattered when I saw their record continue to fall against teams in their division... 2-10? C'mon!

5. jzblaze

jzblaze JBB JustBBall Member

no chance, they needed to come out of the 2nd half strong, instead they came out with absolutely no intensity.

6. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

im not gonna say NO chance, but at this point, i sure as hell wouldn't put any money on them. looks like i'm already losing a bet against my friend on the lakers vs. warriors overall records this year....pretty damn depressing.

7. .cabangbang

.cabangbang BBW Member

I'm a dude and I got a better chance of having a period than the Warriors making the playoffs the way we have been playing.

8. Legacy

Legacy Beast

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Air Pietrus:</div><div class="quote_post">I'm a dude and I got a better chance of having a period than the Warriors making the playoffs the way we have been playing.</div>

LOL! [​IMG]

9. lvbiedrins

lvbiedrins JBB JustBBall Member

Don't think so

10. REREM

REREM JBB JustBBall Member

Monty is in a state of denial,pathetically regressing to his worst coaching habits. He thinks his chase the guy who USED to have the ball (till he tossed to the wide open guy) defense is good. He thinks the Mini Monty 4th Q lineup is cool though it always blows the lead. He thinks you can build the offense around a couple of 30% perimeter chuckers..if you pull all the big men out to screen ..rather than rebound the probable miss. Monty has done more to confuse our good young players than improve them. He's become an obstruction
    Mullin does not want to deal with an interim coach to finish the season. hat the W's just lost 2 in a row,to ATL and CHAR makes it real clear.

11. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

REREM, honestly I can say I hate the Fisher at SG, Murphy at C, lineup more than anyone. It's the worst combo of defense and low % shooting that can possibly go out there. But what do we do when our shooting guard can't even dribble the ball and our small forward is too slow to do it against his own position at SF? I think that's the problem right there. We go with a super big lineup that can't score inside or rebound anyway, they'll add to the other useless guys who also stand around and have no range to shoot.

This is the main problem I have with Monty and that is he won't play the rookies for whatever reason, for him, for the team or for the young guys, I don't know what his motives are. I would hope we go for a traditional lineup that can make the most effective inside/outside game rather than just an outside game with no rebounding. I would like the chance to run and I know Diogu and Biedrins can do that as well as play half court.

C: Biedrins (for now)
    PF: Ike Diogu
    SF: Jason Richardson
    SG: Monta Ellis
    PG: Baron Davis

Call this crazy, but I think a requirement for your shooting guard is to be able to dribble and shoot. If he can't, he's not really a guard. The requirement for your big men is that they score inside the paint (rather than drift outside) and they block out, rebound, set screens, and play interior defense. Then we can abandon this crappy zone that Montgomery plays because we have defenders quick enough to guard their man straight up with requiring little overplay on help defense.

I think what we need is just guys that play big... This Dunleavy, Foyle, Murphy crap isn't working and Fisher just stinks at point guard because he's not a point guard. Those 4 right there probably have to be the worst contracts right there because they don't do enough at both ends (and in respect to their supposed natural positions) to affect the game that we want. Yet Mullin wouldn't pay them if they weren't to be played.

I think it's about time fans started holding the upper management and the players accountable. It was Murphy that threatened to walk if he didn't get his deal and we didn't have any other solid big men left. It was Mullin that put too much faith in Dunleavy too soon and him overpaying Foyle tremendously and giving Fisher a contract that makes getting rid of him hard. These are all guys we want to help the inside/outside game or the running the game? Awful... Just awful.