Will we make a trade by the trade deadline?

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by gambitnut, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Ed O

Ed O Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Maybe the Celtics (Bird, with McHale and Parish, then the backcourt) or the Lakers (Magic, with Worthy and Kareem, and Scott and Green)?

Ed O.

2. Diana Prince

Diana Prince Member

I think a lot of it depends on where the team is in the standings. If they are contending then I'm not sure KP will mess with the team. If not though I would expect to see a pretty big move to avoid the cap hit by Webster, Frye and Diogu. I would also expect to see Joel, Travis or even Blake dealt.

3. Minstrel

Minstrel Top Of The Pops Global Moderator

User Interface Designer
    Yeah, the Showtime Lakers fit better than I thought originally. I kept think of Abdul-Jabbar as...Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. But by that stage in his career, he wasn't a dominant, top-five player anymore. So Magic Johnson was the only one on that team.

The '80s Celtics, you could argue Bird and McHale were both dominant superstars. I think both are legitimate Hall of Famers. I don't currently envision Roy or Aldridge reaching Hall of Fame levels.

4. SheedSoNasty

SheedSoNasty Well-Known Member

Getting Jeff Foster would be amazing... If he came along with Danny Granger.

Something like Przybilla, Outlaw, Rodriguez, picks and perhaps Raef?

5. Natebishop3

Natebishop3 Don't tread on me!

I would like to hold onto Joel. He's a great guy to have coming off the bench, and he takes a lot of pressure of Greg. Remember our last good team? We had Sabonis, and then it was Briant Grant for a while as the backup center. That's not what we want here. If we can keep Joel, one of our only veteran players, it would be very good for the playoffs. He can bang, he can knock some people around, and he can provide some much needed veteran insight.