Willy Raedy looks at the surge in offense.

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by UKRAINEFAN, Mar 28, 2017.

1. UKRAINEFAN

UKRAINEFAN Well-Known Member

un-retired
    His statistics show that they are taking and making a lot more shots at the rim. They are also shooting a lot more free throws. Getting a couple more offensive rebounds.
    But he concludes "As potent as Nurkić fever has been, it’s Damian Lillard who has increased the temperature. His hot shooting, and that of his fellow guards, has driven this uptick in offensive performance over the past several weeks."

One thing interesting for me is that their three point shooting from the corners is a lot better, but they are taking less shots from this area. Why aren't they taking more?

http://www.blazersedge.com/2017/3/2...-trade-deadline-all-star-break-nurkic-lillard

H.C. and Orion Bailey like this.
  2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    Do Lillard and the other guards get the same space to shoot better without Nurk setting some big-assed screens and demanding extra defensive coverage in the post? Things are kind of interrelated in basketball.

dviss1, Reep, Dougnsalem and 3 others like this.
  3. dviss1

dviss1 Emcee Referee

I think it was @jlprk who posted in another thread that the nba is now tracking "screen assists". Nurk was the top 5 with 89 I believe.

Rhal and e_blazer like this.