Win against Celtic or Chelsea?

Discussion in 'England' started by united4life, Nov 20, 2006.

1. united4life

united4life DYC Squad Backup player

We've got two tricky fixtures over the next week - Celtic in the Champions League and Chelsea in the Prem. A win against Celtic would give us qualification and mean we wouldn't have to win against Benfica who knocked us out last year and beat Celtic 3-0. A win against Chelsea would give us a 6 point cushion over them and put us in pole position for the forseeable future. Should Fergi put a full strength squad against Celtic, make lots of substituions if we look to be getting a result or weaken the side a bit and have some 1st teamers on the bench just in case (I've heard Fletcher might be playing). Should we risk them all against Celtic knowing we have until Sunday to recover?

I'm really worried we'll get knocked out of the Champions League again but think it would kill Chelsea to lose and have to catch up a 6 point gap. Which is more important to us?

Thoughts? :eek:

2. dycben

dycben DYC 1st team Reserves

You blew it big time putting out a weak team in Copenhagen, could have been sat happy at the top and resting alot of players ready for the Chavs.

I'm sure Chelsea will put a weak team out against Brenem: a) to rest players and [​IMG] to try and shaft Barca.

3. dycdan

dycdan DYC please wait...

Bit of luck Rooney, Giggs and Scholes will get injured. [​IMG] Those three gone, I don't see United as much of a threat. I think its vital United win against Celtic - we all know what went down last year. [​IMG]

I wouldn't mind Chelsea losing to Brenem if it knocks Barcelona out (would love to watch Rentadildo and Rijkaard interviews after the game if Chelsea lost) and it's also the perfect excuse to rest some of their bigger players ahead of Sundays clash of the titans.