Winslow Out for Rest of Season

Discussion in 'Portland Trail Blazers' started by e_blazer, Jul 21, 2020.

1. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
  2. Scalma

Scalma Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it makes the Grizzlies worse though, since he’s yet to actually play for them. Or has he? It’s been so long. I might be wrong.

3. blazerkor

blazerkor Well-Known Member

I think there is a real chance that we will play the Pelicans in a play in series for the 8th seed. I think we will beat whoever we face. Our team is about to scare the rest of the league. Nurk will be better than ever and he was our second best player before going down. Zach is going to provide size, intensity and athleticism at the four that we haven't had. Melo looks like he is going to be a way better version of himself than we have had to date. Dame will be rested and ready to go supernova. CJ will be CJ which is to say he will be very effective in iso situations (I also hope he opts to take a bunch of open spot up threes). Our defense will be anchored by the best two man center rotation in the league. We will have young hungry athletes like Zach, Gary and Nas making gritty defensive plays for us as well. I also think we will see defensive intensity from Dame, CJ and Melo that we haven't seen before. I'm not afraid of Memphis or NOLA and the Winslow injury doesn't change anything about that it just makes the road to the play in "tournament" harder for Memphis.

4. blazerkor

Yeah he didn't get a chance to play for them before the season was shut down but this does make their road to the play in that much tougher, since they do have the toughest schedule between us, NOLA and them.

Eastoff, e_blazer and SlyPokerDog like this.
  5. Stevenson

Stevenson Old School

Writer
    This.

6. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I didn't know Mike Barrett posted here?

7. THE HCP

THE HCP NorthEastPortland'sFinest

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 2.07.25 PM.png

8. blazerkor

Um... thank you? I don't like when broadcasters come across as unabashed fans but I'm not ashamed to be one. Also I don't think my views on the team are that radical or Pollyanna like since pundits (including Charles Barkley but not limited to him) nationally think we are a scary good team with the roster we brought to the bubble.

9. handiman

handiman Well-Known Member

It would be great is Memphis slips to 10. Then, all we have to do is hold even with NOP to have a major edge for the play-in games. Beating teams back to back is never easy, making for an uphill climb for the 9th place team.

10. damianlillard

damianlillard Well-Known Member

No but they did trade him for Crowder and Hill. Crowder was a starter and Hill was a key bench player, so really they lost 2 key contributors. So now we can look at how well the grizzlies were playing after the trade, they went 7-8 with only 2 win against playoff team, Dallas and Lakers. Their schedule ain’t easy, their only win could very well be against the Spurs. They have to face us and the pelicans in 2 of the first 3 games. And the grizzlies weren’t actually that impressive this year

11. tlongII

tlongII Legendary Poster

Systems Analyst
    I'm just kidding you. I'm bullish on the Blazers as well, but maybe not as much as you. :)