With Lopez ailing, Jazz worried about the point

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Stockton, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Stockton

Stockton JBB

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">The Jazz's problem at the point ? behind starter Carlos Arroyo, to be quite clear ? is proving to be more and more troubling by the day.

"There's concern . . . because there's a lack of knowledge," said Kevin O'Connor, the Jazz's senior vice president for basketball operations, said before Utah's 97-86 preseason loss to Philadelphia on Tuesday night.
    What the Jazz do not know is whether or not Arroyo's backup, Raul Lopez, will be available for the start of the season.
    Still.
    It had seemed Lopez was well down the road to recovery, but now there has been a setback in efforts to strengthen the hamstring and quadricep muscles around his twice surgically reconstructed right knee.</div>

Link

Mo Williams would be more than capable of being a back up PG while Lopez was out, but he's with the Bucks now. Hopefully McCleod can pick up his play, because he hasn't exactly been impressive so far.

2. spark22

spark22 JBB JustBBall MVP

The one preseason game I seen, I wasn't impressed with McLeod. If Lopez's injury is really bad, I think we really need someone else. I'm afraid if Arroyo has to play 40 plus minutes, his ankle might give out, and then we are left with turnover bound McLeod. And Miskiri looked he needs more time in the D league, if not just stay in the D League. I think if the Jazz could someway get Eisley back, he would be great back-up PG and I don't think he would complain about PT. Maybe the Jazz could give the Suns a second round pick for him, or maybe they'll just waive him.