With suspension coming to an end, Chael Sonnen plotting UFC return, calls out GSP

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, May 27, 2016.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

http://www.sportsnet.ca/mma/ufc-roundup-chael-sonnen-says-wants-kick-gsps-ass/

Chael Sonnen is finished his two-year ban in July. He's already talking up a return fight with GSP, who he has in the past expressed great admiration for.

"I would love to kick Georges' ass,” Sonnen told The MMA Hour. "I'll tell you this. This is a true story. I got a call one day and it was from Kenny Florian, and he says ‘hey, you want to work out?' I was in L.A. and I said ‘yeah,’ and he goes, ‘okay, well Georges is in town. Do you want to work out with Georges?' And I said yeah. So we go to this gym. We went hard. I think I could've gone harder, but we went hard, and I came in second. And it drove me nuts, man. It drove me nuts.

"I really think I could've done better. It was close. It was fine. If you ask him, he might try to put me over. I'm not trying to put him over right now, I'm just telling you what happened. He won that go, but I could've done better with him, and it's driven me nuts ever since. I thought, man, I could've gotten that guy. I could've done better. He knew he got the best of me, so at the end of the workout he tried to pay me a compliment. He goes, ‘Thanks for not using your size. If you would've used your size, you really could've crushed me,' which was really his way of saying, ‘Hey man, I just beat you.' And I knew what he meant, and I knew it was meant to be a nice thing. It stuck with me."

[​IMG]

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Nick Diaz, Chael Sonnen, GSP-- so many possible returns this summer!