With the 15th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons select...???

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by PN13, May 23, 2007.

1. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ May 24 2007, 11:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I know that...whats your point?Maybe you should stop acting like a jackass and read my post thoroughly. I was saying if Acie is there or not, Pistons should still take a guard cause they already have bigs.</div>What he said makes sense. The way you're wording it makes Acie sound like a big.

2. Memphology

Memphology BBW VIP

Well, thats not what I meant. Of all people, I should know Acie Law is a PG.I just hate it when people try to call out people and try to make them look stupid even though THEY just sound like a ass.

3. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (austingriz @ May 25 2007, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, thats not what I meant. Of all people, I should know Acie Law is a PG.I just hate it when people try to call out people and try to make them look stupid even though THEY just sound like a ass.</div>Perhaps that isn't what you meant, but that is very much what it sounds like (even after you reworded it).And no, of all people, I should know that Acie is a PG.

4. The Truth

The Truth BBW Graphics Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pinoy Balla @ May 24 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>What? Isiah has made great picks over his years with NYK/ He drafted D-Lee with the 30th pick, Channing Frye at 7, Nate Dogg at 21, and Renaldo Balkman who played greta this season at number 20. IMO I think you should go after a PG. Hunter is getting old IMO and getting the best PG in the draft available would be safe if Billups leaves( which I dont think he will)</div>I cant believe you said balkman at 20 was a great pick lmao typical knicks fan

5. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

I didn't know I was being a jackass.How was I supposed to know that's what you meant.Acie Law would be a good pickup, BUT the Pistons should try to invest in a point guard instead of a big.That's how I read it. I don't know how it could be read otherwise.

6. DTP

DTP BBW Elite Member

If Young was there at 15 I think that's a no brainer and then look to get someone like Belinelli with 27th. I just don't see Detroit taking another center, we have enough of them. People think Hawes or Gray would be a nice pick but I think otherwise. Get a guard and a small forward, it would be great if Young fell.

7. Stones

Stones BBW Member

What do you guys think about trading up? Not so much from the pick at 15, most likely at 27. We have our second rounder this year, plus both our picks next year plus Minnesota's second next year. Could be a possibility, especially if someone falls.

8. playaofthegame

playaofthegame AYO ADRIEN!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mobruler @ May 24 2007, 02:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I think we could see one of the players projected in the 5-10 range fall a bit. Boston, Charlotte, New York, Minnesota and Atlanta will blow their picks like they always do, no doubt. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if we have some 7'3 Russian point guard living in a cave somewhere in the mountains of Northern Asia that no other team has ever heard about. We do that alot too.</div>Since when has Boston blown a draft pick? You don't have any idea what your talking about. Since Danny Ainge has taken over besides Marcus Banks there have been no bad picks for Boston. You're telling me Al Jefferson at 15 is a bad pick? Or Rajon Rondo at like 22 is a bad pick? Ignorant fool. Charlotte too. How have they drafted bad?Besides Adam Morrison, most of their first round picks have been good. Emeka Okafor, Raymond Felton, Sean May.And Renaldo Balkman was a pretty good pick. It seemed kind of stupid at the time but he was one of the top rookies this year that came out of left field. I bet you didn't watch any Knicks games this year after that statement.Just stop talking.

9. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 28 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when has Boston blown a draft pick? You don't have any idea what your talking about. Since Danny Ainge has taken over besides Marcus Banks there have been no bad picks for Boston. You're telling me Al Jefferson at 15 is a bad pick? Or Rajon Rondo at like 22 is a bad pick? Ignorant fool.</div>
    You forgot to mention the biggest steal of them all, Ryan Gomes all the way down at 50. Then, based on potential, Gerald Green at 18.

Also, Rondo was 21. :winkglasses:

10. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I agree with that. Acie Law would be great. I understand Lindsay Hunter is a great force on defense...but he's getting very old now...Acie is so quick, he's got a great shot, and he can pass it pretty well. The Pistons need more guard youth in my opinion, and he's a great player....Very underrated in most mock drafts imo.

11. Roaming

Roaming Back In Black! erm...in Colour!

I wouldnt be surprised if you guys drafted Rudy Fernandez at the 27thspot, he adds that athletisim and shooting you guys need off the bench.

12. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 28 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when has Boston blown a draft pick? You don't have any idea what your talking about. Since Danny Ainge has taken over besides Marcus Banks there have been no bad picks for Boston. You're telling me Al Jefferson at 15 is a bad pick? Or Rajon Rondo at like 22 is a bad pick? Ignorant fool. Charlotte too. How have they drafted bad?Besides Adam Morrison, most of their first round picks have been good. Emeka Okafor, Raymond Felton, Sean May.And Renaldo Balkman was a pretty good pick. It seemed kind of stupid at the time but he was one of the top rookies this year that came out of left field. I bet you didn't watch any Knicks games this year after that statement.Just stop talking.</div>I don't even think Adam Morrison was a bad pick, he showed flashes of being that brilliant scorer that he can be as a rookie. Sure his shot was off for alot of the season, but over the season he can easily improve that. Morrison was able to get open for alot of shots, both off the dribble, and with off ball movement. He wasn't great defensively, but he wasn't completely terrible, he tried hard and wasn't out of position to much. Morrison has the tools to be the best scorer out of this draft class, and showed flashes of being able to be that guy, we will just have to wait and see whether he does become that guy. I think with his fiery attitude, and passion for the game we saw at Gonzaga he will become a very good scorer.As for this pick, if Acie Law is there, I believe he would be an outstanding pickup. He has alot of similarities to Chauncey Billups, and if he returns, playing behind Billups can do him a world of good. He has that killer shot from the oustide, really turns it up in the clutch, is a good athlete, and is just a good basketball player. While he can set up an offense though, he still has to work on his true point guard side. He still isn't the best at making the players around him look good, and can tune up his playmaking just a bit. That can be taught though, just look at Billups who had to learn the way to doing that on a consistent basis. Now he is a top 3 point guard in the league, and behind Billups I think Law would be able to learn alot and become a top point guard in the league in future years.

13. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I really don't want to see a young guy coming into that post-Lindsey Hunter backup point role next season. I think you can fill that position alot better by getting a solid vet in free agency. We need more young bigs. Webber, Rasheed and McDyess aren't getting any younger and we need to brace ourselves for when their time comes.

14. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

I dont want the guys I said at the 15th pick...we should try as hard as we can to get Law at 15, but this draft is deep enough to get guys like Green, Belinelli, Tucker, and Gasol with the 27th, and in the second round perhaps.

15. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PN13 @ May 29 2007, 10:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I dont want the guys I said at the 15th pick...we should try as hard as we can to get Law at 15, but this draft is deep enough to get guys like Green, Belinelli, Tucker, and Gasol with the 27th, and in the second round perhaps.</div>
    Are you kidding? No way Jeff Green falls out of the lottery.

16. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I think PN13 was talking about Taureen Green.There is a good chance Thaddeus Young is available at 15. At 27, I would love to get Morris Almond or Derrick Byars.

17. PN13

PN13 BBW Member

yes, Taureen was who I was talking about....thanks sunnyD.

18. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

I guess from what I am hearing and reading that the pistons are really high on Rodney Stuckey. I also read they are making comparisons to Wade, I guess Joe D made the mistake of passing on Wade in 03 that he wants to make it up for it by going after a potential next Wade. I have been saying that I want Law IV and he is still my #1 option but if Stuckey proves to be even remotely close to Wade, I'll take it. HoLLa baCk

19. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I really don't want to see the Pistons draft Stuckey. Those small school kids are usually an enigma. We know what he can do at Eastern Washington, but with the state this team is in now, I would much rather see someone who has played against big competition. I want to see someone like Marcus Williams from Arizona instead of Stuckey.

20. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (playaofthegame @ May 28 2007, 04:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Since when has Boston blown a draft pick? You don't have any idea what your talking about. Since Danny Ainge has taken over besides Marcus Banks there have been no bad picks for Boston. You're telling me Al Jefferson at 15 is a bad pick? Or Rajon Rondo at like 22 is a bad pick? Ignorant fool. Charlotte too. How have they drafted bad?Besides Adam Morrison, most of their first round picks have been good. Emeka Okafor, Raymond Felton, Sean May.And Renaldo Balkman was a pretty good pick. It seemed kind of stupid at the time but he was one of the top rookies this year that came out of left field. I bet you didn't watch any Knicks games this year after that statement.Just stop talking.</div>Wow, I just noticed this. What an angry post. If Boston has so many great picks, why can't they win when they surround their superstar in Paul Pierce with them? Rajon Rondo is a 6'1 guard who can't shoot the ball. A hair over 20% from 3? Just over 41% from the field? Almost 2 turnovers a game in with only 3.8 apg? Passing on Kevin Martin for Tony Allen and Delonte West? That was good? Raymond Felton was a good pick? The guy is a 38% career shooter and is good for 3 TOs a game. The only reason he gets numbers is because he plays for the Bobcats and the numbers have to come from somewhere. His 14 ppg last year was one of the ugliest 14 ppg I've ever seen. They passed on post players like Andrew Bynum and Charlie Villanueva for him.