With the 15th pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, the Detroit Pistons select...???

Discussion in 'Detroit Pistons' started by PN13, May 23, 2007.

1. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

I like Rodney Stuckey a lot more that before, and I really think we should draft him and trade Flip Murray.But Thaddeus Young remains my number one option at pick 15, then Acie Law IV and then Stuckey.Pick 27, we should get a big, but I don't want DeVon Hardin, and I really don't care for Marc Gasol any more. Aaron Gray is a possibility, as is Nick Fazekas and Sean Williams.If we pick up Stuckey or Law at 15, I think we should draft Demetris Nichols from Syracuse at pick 27, either him or Jared Dudley from because. There are just so many options.

2. The`Dream

The`Dream BBW Elite Member

I don't like either Aaron Gray or Sean Williams, so Fazekas is a possibility.Gray is not that great an offensive player, and only got rebounds because he was the only 7'0 player on the court. that won't occur in the NBA.Sean Williams is just a bad boy IMO. He got kicked off his team last year. We already have one rebel on this team, dont need another one.

3. Stones

Stones BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SunnyD @ Jun 18 2007, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I like Rodney Stuckey a lot more that before, and I really think we should draft him and trade Flip Murray.But Thaddeus Young remains my number one option at pick 15, then Acie Law IV and then Stuckey.Pick 27, we should get a big, but I don't want DeVon Hardin, and I really don't care for Marc Gasol any more. Aaron Gray is a possibility, as is Nick Fazekas and Sean Williams.If we pick up Stuckey or Law at 15, I think we should draft Demetris Nichols from Syracuse at pick 27, either him or Jared Dudley from because. There are just so many options.</div>I agree, I didn't know too much about his game, but after reading up about him, I really like him. Thornton remains my number one option if he falls(most likely won't) then Law still, followed by Thad, then Stuckey. As for 27, I really don't know. I'm hoping someone will fall, I don't know who though. I'm not high on anyone who's projected to be on our radar at 27, to be honest.EDIT: Forgot about Thornton.

4. Stones

Stones BBW Member

Al Thornton's stock is really dropping, he could very well be available at 15.<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>-Al Thornton is not drawing the best reviews in his individual workouts so far, while some teams are now quietly wondering whether he might end up being available in the late teens portion of the draft. People we?ve spoken to have questioned his ability to play and defend the perimeter, pointing out his lack of fluidity, and even going as far as to call him ?robotic? moving his feet outside of the paint. In addition to that, losing an inch on measurements from 6-8 to 6-7 did not help him, while his very soft-spoken off the court demeanor and more advanced age at 23 ? has been working against him as well. His poor feel for finding the open man or picking up on advanced sets both defensively and offensively has also been mentioned as a negative in some people?s eyes. When?s Thornton perimeter shot is not falling he might not be the most aesthetic workout player to take in, but scouts might want to remind themselves of the way he dominated the ACC this year by rewatching some of the film they have at their disposal. He?s clearly not a finished product at this point despite his age, and relying heavily on workouts to compare him with other prospects in this draft does him a tremendous disservice.</div>http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=2126I'd love Thornton, he'd be a great fit here, IMO. He's an amazing athlete, which is something we need. We also don't need him to play the 4 with all of the ones we already have. His height at 6-7 has scared some teams away if they were counting on him to play the 4. What do you guys think of him?

5. SunnyD

SunnyD Sexiest Poster Alive (Yessir)

You know who else could be available? Julian Wright.

6. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

My dream draft-#15- Rodney Stuckey or Thaddeus Young or Acie Law or Al Thornton#27- Kyrylo Fesenko or Marco Belinelli or Morris Almond#57- Who cares.Watch Dumars draft Mohammed Abukar and Zabian Dowdell

7. Bad BoY RiP 32

Bad BoY RiP 32 BBW Member

From what I am reading/hearing that the clippers are very interested in Acie Law. If somehow the Hawks pass on Conley and Law(never going to happen) w/ the 11th pick and take Crittenton then there is a chance the Clippers will look at Conley and the Pistons would have a shot at Law.But as expected if Law is gone at the Pistons spot then I am getting into the Rodney Stuckey hype. If somehow another team snatches him, then I guess the safe choice is Thaddeus Young and hopes he can build some muscle mass this summer and become a contributor this coming season. HoLLa baCk

8. Mobruler

Mobruler BBW VIP

I'm really hoping they don't go with Stuckey, but it seems like that's who they have their hearts set on drafting. The small college guards with big draft value never seem to pan out. I would much rather see Marcus Williams from ASU.I think I've mentioned this before.

9. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

I think Thaddeus Young would be a horrible pick. I think he is projected much higher then he is gonna go He may very well be there at #27.Al Thornton would be a great pickup..but we are stacked at the PF position and that is likely where he'll play IMO. Then again he could be like a Corliss Williamson SF who is a dog in the post and creates mismatches.

10. guesswho2023

guesswho2023 BBW Member

The Knicks pick is Chicagos!

11. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Here are the 5 guys I want in no order:Julian WrightNick YoungYi JianlianAl ThorntonAcie LawI understand ALL of those guys could be(actually will more then likely be) off the board when we pick. But I hope ONE of them falls!

12. GArenas

GArenas Wiz Fo Champz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jun 25 2007, 04:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Here are the 5 guys I want in no order:

Julian Wright
    Nick Young
    Yi Jianlian
    Al Thornton
    Acie Law

I understand ALL of those guys could be(actually will more then likely be) off the board when we pick. But I hope ONE of them falls!</div>
    I will be surprised if one of them falls to you. (With the exception of Acie Law)

I think Detroit needs to look at grabbing a backup swingman. Flip Murray is a nice backup Point Guard and Lindsay Hunter also contributes, while Carlos Delfino is now gone (He didn't get much playing time anyways). Nick Young, as you pointed out, would be a very nice selection. However, New Orleans is very interested in drafting Young leaving you just one pick away from him. Detroit should be interested in Derek Byars, Rudy Fernandez, and Thaddeus Young.

13. Stones

Stones BBW Member

At 27, especially if Almond and Byars are off the board, what do you guys think of Jared Dudley? He's been rising up the draft boards lately and had a great showing at the Orlando pre-draft camp. He's hard-nosed, hustles, and really looks like a true Piston. He's also ready to play right away. Thoughts?

14. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Stonesalltheway @ Jun 25 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>At 27, especially if Almond and Byars are off the board, what do you guys think of Jared Dudley? He's been rising up the draft boards lately and had a great showing at the Orlando pre-draft camp. He's hard-nosed, hustles, and really looks like a true Piston. He's also ready to play right away. Thoughts?</div>I like him for all the reasons you said, definitely worth a pick at #27. I like picking seniors, and somebody who could come in and play right away.

15. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GArenas @ Jun 25 2007, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I will be surprised if one of them falls to you. (With the exception of Acie Law)</div>I would be the most suprised by Law.

16. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

At 15, Detroit should definitely take Rodney Stuckey. He's a HUGE upgrade over Flip Murray, and I'm pretty sure Detroit made a promise to him that they'd select him with the 15th pick. At 27, they should go with a guy like Marcus Williams. He's a swingman (SG/SF), good ball-handling skills, solid defender, and that backup SF you guys desperately need. Besides, there's no way Thaddeus Young falls all the way to 27.

17. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

I'm adding a a Fire Dumars thing in my sig if they draft young or stuckey.

18. Stones

Stones BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jun 25 2007, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>At 15, Detroit should definitely take Rodney Stuckey. He's a HUGE upgrade over Flip Murray, and I'm pretty sure Detroit made a promise to him that they'd select him with the 15th pick. At 27, they should go with a guy like Marcus Williams. He's a swingman (SG/SF), good ball-handling skills, solid defender, and that backup SF you guys desperately need. Besides, there's no way Thaddeus Young falls all the way to 27.</div>Just FYI, that was a rumor started by an agent who hoped to gain Stuckey as his client. Joe D and Stuckey's agent have denied it, and the rumor was started before we even worked him out. There's still a very good chance we could take him, but there's most likely no promise.

19. The Captain

The Captain BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Combs @ Jun 25 2007, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm adding a a Fire Dumars thing in my sig if they draft young or stuckey.</div>May I ask why?

20. Combs

Combs BBW Root *****

Because Young is a Project and he has said we are looking for somebody who can contribute now..which is obviously the way to go. I don't even think he's gonna be that good...like I said..at #27..Yeah..but not #15.And Stuckey started rising up the draft board when comparisons of Wade came up..he is nowhere near a wade..I guess it will depend on who is on the board when we draft at #15. If all those guys I mentioned are gone..then Yeah. But if not...eww.