Without mentioning Donald Trump...

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by 3RA1N1AC, Jul 26, 2016.

1. bodyman5000 and 1

bodyman5000 and 1 Lions, Tigers, Me, Bears

He wears one just in case a mirror is around.

2. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    That part is pure Democrat spin. From Politifact:

"According to MSNBC, an aide for Albright said she "did not use email while she was in office" from 1997 to 2001. And Rice, head of the State Department from 2005-09, was not a habitual emailer either, according to multiple reports.

So that leaves Powell, a regular email user, as Clinton’s only predecessor who serves as a useful comparison. When we reached out to the Clinton campaign, they pointed us to Powell.

Like Clinton, Powell used a personal email address. However, there’s a big difference: Clinton hosted her email on a private server located in her home. Powell did not."

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...y-clinton-said-my-predecessors-did-same-thin/

The Clintons paid undisclosed thousands of dollars to a State Department staffer to set up and maintain an email server at their residence so that they would have complete control over who had access to which emails. She could, and did, delete thousands of emails prior to turning the server over to the FBI as a part of its investigation. You can't do that on a gmail account. Even if you delete an email, it's still archived. The server was not subject to even 24/7 monitoring for security that gmail employs and yet she sent and received classified documents on that email. Her obsessiveness with her own secrecy may well have exposed Top Secret materials to international hackers. Do you really think that the Russians can hack the DNC, but stayed away from Hillary's email server? Not very likely.

I can understand a vote for her on a policy basis, but do it with open eyes that she is a serial liar and about as transparent as a brick.

Nikolokolus and blue32 like this.
  3. Further

Further Guy

Stuff doer
    Forgot to mention the Supreme Court. Likely the main reason I do end up voting Hillary.

4. rasheedfan2005

rasheedfan2005 Well-Known Member

Cause bill will be the first male first lady

5. rasheedfan2005

Shes easier to tune out cause i naturally ignore women.

6. rasheedfan2005

Her salary will be 17% lower than a male president, saving tax payers money.

7. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

Since Politifact was mentioned:

Attached Files:

8. e_blazer

e_blazer Rip City Fan

Consultant
    The fact that politicians lie, twist facts, and pervert statistics isn't exactly a news flash. If Politifact says Hillary does it less than most, I'll accept that. The issue I have with Hillary isn't the garden variety whopper all politicians use from time to time for political advantage, rather it's the willingness to intentionally cover things up and try to mislead the public that, to my way of thinking, reveal a character flaw that I just can't get past. The whole episode of the email server is only the latest example. She has never offered a credible reason as to why she would make use of a private server (not just a private email account at gmail or yahoo, etc., but an actual server set up and maintained at significant expense on the Clinton's own private property). The only plausible explanation is that she wanted to be able to be in complete control of what records were made available to the public and government agencies. Her endless shifting lies about the server and what was information passed through it were astonishing. Add that to the millions of dollars of "donations" from foreign nations and big business and the shady accounting in the Clinton Foundation and it just smacks too much of corruption to me.

As of right now, both major parties are offering up shit sandwiches as the only thing on their menus. Just because they're offering doesn't mean I have to eat it.

JFizzleRaider likes this.
  9. blue32

blue32 Who wants a mustache ride?

Bingo.

Campaigns tell tall tales that is nothing new. But to sit there and do this shit when you're an elected official is downright treason.

I take those quarterly Federal security tests. There is no fucking way I would get off as easy as she did if I had done the same thing. Then to outright lie to the authorities? Come on. Benghazi was the same shit. She has routinely compromised Americans and the security of America. Trump may have told tall tales more than her, but at least he hasn't gotten American's killed.

To support her is to support corruption at the highest level. Because why? You want your safe spaces? Your perceived social justice? Your illegals running amok everywhere? Think again folks.

10. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Politifact lies more than Trump :)

11. riverman

riverman Writing Team

Terrorists compromised the security of Americans overseas, not the Secretary of State. Ambassadors in the Middle East are fully aware of the danger of their post. I'm not a Hillary fan but let's get real about who killed those people....Hillary didn't routinely compromise any of our American lives in the field..terrorists did. An email did not cause the incident. An email wouldn't have stopped a terrorist from being a suicide bomber or assassin. Perspective

12. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    The buck stops with her. Ambassadors don't routinely get killed.

And then she lied about it. She lied to the families of those who were killed.

13. riverman

riverman Writing Team

The families of those killed blame the terrorists....whether she manipulated her position to cushion the blow is another topic but if you ask the families, they blame the terrorists, not the American govt and she did apologize to them as do most leaders in times of war. World War II was filled with mistakes that cost American lives...I don't see this as any different. I don't support a Clinton administration but not because of a loss of life in a Middle Eastern embassy or an email. It's her connection with the Saudi royal family that I don't trust

14. crandc

crandc Well-Known Member

An ambassador was killed during the Bush presidency. How many investigations were there?
    Zero

riverman likes this.
  15. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  16. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    No, the last ambassador killed before Benghazi was during the (no surprise) Carter years.

17. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
  18. riverman

riverman Writing Team

To politicize the casualties of war is to me, an insult to the people who lost their lives serving the country..honor the fallen and learn from the mistakes that surround the tragedy..that's what leaders must always do...the mother in that video is clearly traumatized and emotionally drained. I'm so sorry for her loss.

19. Denny Crane

Never lost a case
    Of course. Our leaders lying to them doesn't help things at all.

Both Clintons have demonstrated they'll skirt the law, violate the law, and lie and obstruct to get away with their white collar crimes.

Nobody accuses Obama of those kinds of crimes. Or Sanders. Or most of the other Democrats.

Where there's smoke.

20. Sedatedfork

Sedatedfork Rip City Rhapsody

Hillary is politically savvy. She has persevered through it all. Some of her criticisms are undeserved. Trying to lump in Bill Clinton's baggage on Hillary is unfair in my opinion. I feel compelled to vote for her because of that other guy I can't talk about, but I don't think she would be a bad president. I think she is worthy of the office. I don't think any other electable candidate is worthy of the office.