Wizards' Arenas on Verge of Joining League's Elite

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Mamba, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">In Los Angeles, a town where stars rule and just about everyone else worships them, Gilbert Arenas, NBA all-star, millionaire and face of the Washington Wizards, walked into the stands at Staples Center a few weeks ago looking as inconspicuous as a USC undergrad.

Sporting baggy jeans, white gym shoes and a backpack slung over his shoulder, Arenas was a half-hour removed from playing in a preseason game against the Charlotte Bobcats, yet hardly anyone who came to watch the Los Angeles Lakers play the Denver Nuggets in a rare NBA doubleheader recognized him.

Those who did received the typical Arenas treatment: With neither a posse nor bodyguard in sight, Arenas stopped and posed for a picture with a fan and his date. Then Arenas paused to slap five and sign an autograph for a young fan wearing a Kobe Bryant jersey.</div>

As most of you know, I am a die hard Arenas fan. He is my favorite player in the league, and I do believe that after this season, he will be getting the respect he deserves.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5110101963.html

2. og15

og15 JBB *********

I think he already joined last season. 26-5-5 is not an easy thing to do, and when Hughes was out he was averaging about 30-5-6, it's going to be a big year for him, I hope to see an increase in the dimes though.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I too think he has already joined the elite of the league, but he doesn't get the recognition because he hasn't been on many nationally televised games such as Kobe, Tmac, Iverson, Kidd, Marbury, Bron, Wade, Melo, and the other popular players in the league. His stats are there, just not his name.

I expect about 26, 8, and 5 this year from him