Wizards' Blatche shot, narrowly avoids death

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Sir Desmond, Sep 26, 2005.

1. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

<div class="quote_poster">Quote:</div><div class="quote_post">Andray Blatche, a 19-year-old Syracuse native who was selected by the Washington Wizards in the second round of the NBA Draft in June, was shot in an apparent robbery near his home in Alexandria, Va., Sunday morning.

Blatche was shot once in the chest as two assailants approached a car in which he was a passenger around 6:30 a.m., according to an Alexandria, Va., police report. After the shooting, the driver of the car, who was not named in the report, drove to Blatche's home in the Washington, D.C., suburb and called police. Ambulance personnel responded and Blatche was taken via helicopter to Inova Fairfax Hospital in Fairfax, Va.

Blatche was listed in serious but stable condition, according to a police spokesman. Blatche's mother, Angela Oliver, of Syracuse, received a telephone call from the Alexandria police early Sunday morning.</div>

The Post-Standard.

2. Sir Desmond

Sir Desmond JBB Stig!

Crazy, the bullet missed his heart by an inch.

3. Drake Remoray

Drake Remoray JBB JustBBall Member

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting Sir Desmond:</div><div class="quote_post">Crazy, the bullet missed his heart by an inch.</div>

Wow, my condolences to Blathce's family and Wizard fans. I hope he has a quick and successful recovery.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Wow. I hate that area so much. I've been there numerous times, Blatche is lucky to still be alive. Basketball shouldn't even be on his list right now, his health and family should be his main concerns.