Wizards/Cavaliers--Preview/Game Thread

Discussion in 'Washington Wizards' started by Ming637, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

<div align="center">[​IMG]@[​IMG]
    <font color="red">Cleveland Cavaliers</font> vs <font color="blue">Washington Wizards</font>

Date: 10/10/05
    Time: 7 pm eastern
    TV: None

Washington Wizards

2004-2005 Team Statistics

Record: 45-37
    Points Per Game: 100.5
    Rebounds Per Game: 42.8
    Assists Per Game: 19.1
    Steals Per Game: 8.7
    Blocks Per Game: 4.2
    Field Goal PCT: .437%

Washington Wizards Head Coach
    [​IMG]
    Eddie Jordan

Washington Wizards Starting Line-up
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font size="1"><u>(Gilbert Arenas,Antonio Daniels,Caron Butler,Antawn Jamison,Brendan Haywood)</font></u>

Key 6th Man
    [​IMG]
    Michael Ruffin: He's not a great scorer, but he's a very tough defender in the paint, good conditioning, and he can really block those shots with his good leaping skills being 6'8, but I think he'll improve a lot with some more minuts off the bench.

Bench

Chucky Atkins
    Etan Thomas
    Jared Jeffries
    Jarvis Hayes
    Calvin Booth

<u>Wizards Keys to the game</u>

Defense: Obviously the Wizards will have a handful to deal with including LeBron James, Larry Hughes, Donyell Marshall, and Damon Jones will have them pretty worked up. The Wiz will probably see a lot of shots being drained down, so they will need to cover the perimeter and not leave players open.

Offensive Chemistry: With Hughes gone and with the addition of Caron Butler and Antonio Daniels, they will need to work on something that will be effective against their opponents wether if it's Arenas being number 1 scoring priority or Arenas dishing it out to his teammates.

Force The Bench On The Floor: Their bench isn't all that great with only key guys like Donyell Marshall and Eric Snow, getting their starters into foul trouble will help the Wizards a lot.

Pre-season: Yet, it's only pre-season, so the Wizards should be careful playing and not get hurt.

Team MVP

[​IMG]

Projected Stats: 18 points, 8 assists, 5 rebounds, 2 steals.

---------------------------------------------

Cleveland Cavaliers

Cleveland Cavaliers 2004-2005 Statistics

Record: 42-40
    Points Per Game: 96.5
    Rebounds Per Game: 42.3
    Assists Per Game: 22.6
    Steals Per Game: 8.0
    Blocks Per Game: 5.6
    Field Goal PCT: 447%

Cleveland Cavaliers Head Coach

[​IMG]
    Mike Brown

Cleveland Cavaliers Starting Line-up

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <font size="1"><u>(Damon Jones,Larry Hughes,LeBron James,Drew Gooden,Zydrunas Ilgauskis</u></font>
    Key 6th Man

[​IMG]

Donyell Marshall: He's got nice rebounding skills and he's a nice scorer looking to become a key player off the bench, so the Wizards will have to watch for him.

Bench

Eric Snow
    Luke Jackson
    Ira Newble

<u>Cleveland Cavaliers Keys To The Game</u>

Attack The Paint: The Cavaliers are a team who can really score on demand and I think they'll be most effective doing that in the paint because they'll be expecting the Wiz to cover them outside to limit 3's and shots, but I think heading towards the defensive-less Antawn Jamison, they'll be really effective there.

Stop Arenas: Arenas obviously will be lighting up the scoreboard shot after shot, maybe assist here or there, so the Cavs will need to put some pressure on Arenas and force him to pass the ball to limit those chances and doing that will be a big help to the Cavaliers.

Stay Out of Foul Trouble: The Wizards will be looking to take the starters out of the game and get the helpless bench out on the floor which can cause a problem for the Cavs because the Wizards will be able to take advantage of the bench, so they will need to stay out of foul trouble.

Pre-season: It's only pre-season, they have a threatening lineup that can get them deep into the playoffs, don't get HURT, it will only hurt in the near future.

Team MVP

[​IMG]

Projected Stats: 24 points, 7 assists, 6 rebounds

My Prediction:

The Cavaliers should be able to pull off the win, if they are able to keep attacking the paint and score. I'm expecting Larry Hughes, Caron Butler and Antonio Daniels to play key roles in the game as they show what they can do together as a team.

Cleveland Wins 95-87</div>

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    Nice preview Ming. With this being a preseason game, it's presumed that the big-name guys won't play a lot of minutes, but it'll be competitive nonetheless.

I'll take the Cavaliers by seven.

3. Ming637

Ming637 BBW Banned

Anymore comments/predictions?

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Wizards by 5.

5. JWohl

JWohl JBB Lovin the BCS

correction

correction: I believe that Eric Snow started for the Cavs.

6. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

The wiz git humiliated. Wow the score was 108-88 when i tuned out. What a thrashing Clevaland looks good.

GL Wiz

7. og15

og15 JBB *********

Yes, and it's pre-season, oh no, poor Wiz [​IMG]

Let it go, we beat you in the playoffs last year, it's a new year now.

8. ChicagoSportsFan

ChicagoSportsFan JBB JustBBall Rookie Team

<div class="quote_poster">Quoting og15:</div><div class="quote_post">Yes, and it's pre-season, oh no, poor Wiz [​IMG]

Let it go, we beat you in the playoffs last year, it's a new year now.</div>

Why the anger bro? It is a new year, ur right. Angry about losing Huges?
    Preseason or not everyone hates losing.

GL Wiz

9. og15

og15 JBB *********

I have no anger, I just thought your comment was a little out of nowhere, pre-season lossers aren't really "humiliations". To tell the truth, I'm not saddened by the loss of Hughes because he missed 15 games a year. Having Butler and Daniels play more games even though they aren't as talented will make the Wiz a better team.

I've never had much problem with pre-season losses, especially when it's the first pre-season games in which the coach is trying out lineups and playing guys that won't even be on the team, so....